“Better than expected for an airport motel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Airport Admiralty Motel

Airport Admiralty Motel
Ranked #101 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Toulouse
“Better than expected for an airport motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We chose the Airport Admiralty Motel because of its proximity to the airport. Our expectations were not high but we were pleasantly surprised. This motel is quiet, in spite of its relative proximity to the airport, clean, and the reception staff are efficient and helpful. Although little dated, the room was in good shape, quite spacious and had everything needed for a comfortable stay. The bathroom was large enough, clean and well equipped. To sum up, we found the Airport Admiralty Motel quite valuable and convenient for our overnight stay before an early flight.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bocopitu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stay at the Airport Admiralty Motel frequently for work and i was shocked when i came across the reviews. The motel is quiet, clean and the reception staff are always friendly. The decor is a little dated and i wouldn't call it luxury but it is great for an overnight stay before an early flight. The rooms are quite spacious and have everything you would need for a comfortable stay. I only hope work doesn't move us - i always enjoy my over nights in Brisbane.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank JessLillian
Adrian, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

My expectations for this hotel were not high but it turned out to be a reasonable choice. I chose it because of its proximity to the airport. The rooms were in decent shape and spacious enough. Check in was quite quick and without hassle as was the checkout procedure. The price was certainly reasonable. The amenities and necessities were all functional. I was also within walking distance of a few restaurants down the street from the Track. In all, it was not a bad value in locaiton that is difficult to stay within budget.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Debbie K
Bundaberg, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

I booked this hotel for a one night business trip, prior to reading the reviews on this site.
I must say, after reading them, I really wasn't looking forward to my stay. Luckily for me, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience at the Admiralty.
Check in was easy enough, got to my room, which was more spacious than I expected.
(Good to remember for a bringing the family when we are on a stopover - close to the airport)
The bathroom was stocked with extra towels (a big plus in my book, I hate running out of towels). The mini bar was also overflowing with drinks on offer.
The only downside for me was the shower took a really long time for the hot water to come through, and there was no screen on the window, so I couldn't open my window for fresh air without bugs coming in.
Breakfast was pleasant enough, perfectly fine for a continental breakfast.
You get what you pay for, I don't expect 5 star luxuries for a 3 star price. I would absolutely stay here again. It seems things have really improved in the last year going by past reviews.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Oceangirlblue
Cairns
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

My partner and I stayed here as it was close to the airport and we had a very early flight. When we checked in the room was dirty, falling apart and dated. On the patio we found empty rum cans and cigarettes all on the floor (Obviously the cleaners forgot to clean the patio). The room was so dirty I didn't want to touch anything; the bathroom was small with no hot water. We did not sleep all night as there was a domestic in the other room that went on for all hours of the morning. When we got up at 3am we were not happy to find out that the receptionist forgot to call our taxi to the airport as she had told us she did. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I do not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank K3ll

Travellers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2009

I did not chose this hotel myself but was booked in for a business trip to Brisbane so I was worried about the accommodation before I even arrived. This hotel is very average in every way. The room whilst it is relatively clean is extremely dated and not all that enticing. The location is not too bad as you are close to the airport and there are a few restaurants not that far away.

The bathroom was small and not very appealing. The towels were not good quality at alI and nor were the rest of the fixtures in the room. I would definitely not stay here again by choice. I didn't feel overly comfortable in my room and was glad that I only had to sleep here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank Sydneyside
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2008

This motel was clean room wise, but basic which we kind of expected for the area. We stayed only one night prior to our flight home and I doubt if we would stay again unless left with no choice. The reception staff were miserable, the breakfast cost $14 for ceareal, fruit and toast and there is no airport shuttle despite what variouse websites say, when this was pointed out to the woman on reception, she just said they hadn't had a shuttle for 5 years although to be fair, she did offer to book a taxi for us and when we asked them to change the booking for an earlier time, we were threatend with an extra charge of 85 cents!. which wasn't charged thankfully!!! We walked to the City Cat ferry for an afternoon in Brisbane which was only a 15 minute walk, but the area going to the ferry was a bit scruffy and not very nice, the trip into Brisbane was lovely though and well worth it. The pool was dirty and dingy and we assumed "closed for the winter" despite the 27" heat. So the room , although quite spacious and having a shower room was nothing more than adequate.

• Liked — nothing much, but near the ferry,
  • Disliked — staff need a happy course!!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family