“Good Choice for Overnight Connections”

Airport Admiralty Motel
Ranked #104 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Stayed here on an overnight connection through Brisbane. The rooms are a little dated as mentioned by previous reviewers, but are clean, spacious and for the price, well appointed. Complimentary tea/coffee and a well stocked mini-bar. There is a restaurant on site for dinner or a pub/club with lots of options 5 mins down the road. Breakfast served from 6am on a weekday and 7am weekends.

Proximity to the airport is it's main advantage, no more than 15 mins in normal traffic, about a $25-35 taxi ride. There is a regular (every hour?) shuttle bus which can be organised through reception for a fee.

I have stayed here on a few occasions and will use it again in the future, simple, clean accommodation convenient for connections at Brisbane.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank WanderSmog

Reviewed 8 March 2013

Has the advantage of being close to the airport, reasonably priced and surprisingly quiet. The rooms are clean, spacious but old and very dated. The staff were very obliging and helpful and the breakfasts are reasonable. If you're looking for a reasonably priced quiet motel close to the airport this is a good choice, it is not in a trendy part of town so do not expect a huge variety of eating choices within walking distance but the pub/club across and up the road is a good option with reasonable choice and prices.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Sal2904
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We chose the Airport Admiralty Motel because of its proximity to the airport. Our expectations were not high but we were pleasantly surprised. This motel is quiet, in spite of its relative proximity to the airport, clean, and the reception staff are efficient and helpful. Although little dated, the room was in good shape, quite spacious and had everything needed for a comfortable stay. The bathroom was large enough, clean and well equipped. To sum up, we found the Airport Admiralty Motel quite valuable and convenient for our overnight stay before an early flight.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bocopitu
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I stay at the Airport Admiralty Motel frequently for work and i was shocked when i came across the reviews. The motel is quiet, clean and the reception staff are always friendly. The decor is a little dated and i wouldn't call it luxury but it is great for an overnight stay before an early flight. The rooms are quite spacious and have everything you would need for a comfortable stay. I only hope work doesn't move us - i always enjoy my over nights in Brisbane.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank JessLillian
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My expectations for this hotel were not high but it turned out to be a reasonable choice. I chose it because of its proximity to the airport. The rooms were in decent shape and spacious enough. Check in was quite quick and without hassle as was the checkout procedure. The price was certainly reasonable. The amenities and necessities were all functional. I was also within walking distance of a few restaurants down the street from the Track. In all, it was not a bad value in locaiton that is difficult to stay within budget.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I booked this hotel for a one night business trip, prior to reading the reviews on this site.
I must say, after reading them, I really wasn't looking forward to my stay. Luckily for me, I was pleasantly surprised by my experience at the Admiralty.
Check in was easy enough, got to my room, which was more spacious than I expected.
(Good to remember for a bringing the family when we are on a stopover - close to the airport)
The bathroom was stocked with extra towels (a big plus in my book, I hate running out of towels). The mini bar was also overflowing with drinks on offer.
The only downside for me was the shower took a really long time for the hot water to come through, and there was no screen on the window, so I couldn't open my window for fresh air without bugs coming in.
Breakfast was pleasant enough, perfectly fine for a continental breakfast.
You get what you pay for, I don't expect 5 star luxuries for a 3 star price. I would absolutely stay here again. It seems things have really improved in the last year going by past reviews.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Oceangirlblue
Reviewed 28 September 2010

My partner and I stayed here as it was close to the airport and we had a very early flight. When we checked in the room was dirty, falling apart and dated. On the patio we found empty rum cans and cigarettes all on the floor (Obviously the cleaners forgot to clean the patio). The room was so dirty I didn't want to touch anything; the bathroom was small with no hot water. We did not sleep all night as there was a domestic in the other room that went on for all hours of the morning. When we got up at 3am we were not happy to find out that the receptionist forgot to call our taxi to the airport as she had told us she did. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I do not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple