“clean and close to the airport”

Airport Admiralty Motel
Ranked #102 of 158 Hotels in Brisbane
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“clean and close to the airport”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

my wife and I stay regularly at the Comfort Inn but this is my first review of the motel. It is very clean, close to good eating venues and close to the airport. The staff are friendly and helpful, always good value for money.

Room Tip: the back rooms are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
TheManagerAdmiralty, Manager at Airport Admiralty Motel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience staying at The Airport Admiralty. We endeavour to provide clean comfortable rooms, and a welcoming service. It is very helpful and satisfying to us when a guests response is favourable, it tell us that the efforts of all our staff are going in the right direction. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This motel was extremely clean and we stayed in what looked like a newly refurbished room with a balcony. I'm a very poor sleeper and I was happy to say I had the best night's sleep here in a long time. The cost of the room was excellent value and I liked the location. I think this will be our regular place to stay in Brisbane going forward.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TheManagerAdmiralty, Manager at Airport Admiralty Motel, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
I must apologise for not responding earlier to your review. Its always very pleasing to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. We do endeavour to provide a clean and comfortable place to stay. Thank you very much for your positive feedback, and I am happy that you had a goods nights sleep. We look forward to seeing you again. Regards Liz
Dundowran Beach, Qld Aus
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This motel is located near the airport, with a club across the road which serves meal.
Reception was staffed by a friendly lady & check in was no hassle.
Rooms are large enough with an adequate bathroom.
Will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheManagerAdmiralty, Manager at Airport Admiralty Motel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
We are always pleased to receive good feedback from our guests, and thankyou for yours. We endeavour to provide our guests with good, clean and comfortable accommodation and a warm and friendly service. We look forward to seeing you again. Kind regards Liz
Waipu, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Although we have stayed many times,this our first review, it was pleasing that renovations have been done, room really welcoming as was reception, so convienent to town, with bus almost at door, but our preferred transport to town is the City cat , about 15 min stroll away, also Doomben rail station just around the corner.

Reasonable close to airport and depending on time of day about 10 minutes by taxi

Very close to both Doomben and Eagle Farm racecourses, and just across the road is the Hamilton Bowls Club with bar facilities and the recently opened Gallopers restaurant

Room Tip: Being older we always ask for a ground floor room 7,8, or 9.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twotwotango
TheManagerAdmiralty, Manager at Airport Admiralty Motel, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Good afternoon,

We would like to thank you for your loyalty and your kind review. We are delighted that you appreciate the new renovated rooms and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you travel to Brisbane.

Kind regards,

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Location is good, facilities very comfortable and spotlessly clean.
Unfortunately the RUDE staff really let down what is a nice motor inn. On my first stay on arrival at reception I was greeted with the receptionist complaining about the booking.com reservation system, which escalated into a very uncomfortable situation and being challenged about payment despite having already paid online and having a printed reservation form. I decided to give the place another chance as thought the receptionist may have just had a bad day, but on my second stay (I even checked in a bit earlier to avoid the previous week's receptionist) it was a similar scenario. The staff are hostile and have poor customer service skills. Such a shame as I would have thought it should be a nice place to work. I would never stay again, too stressful to have to have contact with the reception staff.

Room Tip: not 37 or 38, they have the water boilers outside. Although I suspect I was given the worst rooms o...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tiger_Jockey
Good afternoon,

We would first like to thank you for your review as all feedback is welcome and appreciated. We sincerely apologise that you felt uncomfortable during our check in procedures, however unfortunately when a credit card is entered into either Booking.com or our direct website we do need to site the card upon check in for security purposes as the card isn’t charged until time of check in. We regret your comments that you won’t stay with us again but we would love to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Coldstream, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I spent 3 days in hotel, not that I need anything fancy - just internet in the room... soooo when I get there I found that internet is not connecting in the room due to some technical difficulties. I was told that they expect tomorrow service to fix. Not really terrible inconvenience although sucks to go to the lobby that is open from 6:30 to 10:30PM (I'm not sure what time exactly they close in the evening). That would be if that actually would be fix the next day... next day I was told that it is hard to get service people here?!?!?! and it will take ...whatever it take... so 3 days later no fix and nobody really cares - my questions in that regard although politely replied to (don't know...) are getting under their skin I can tell. I'm on business trip and I need that internet, not mentioning that trying to use Skype in the lobby to call home it is not really all that private - so yes although all around crew is nice I would say and coffee shops are not that far from here to have nice break it sucks big time to think that it is for management excusable to have situation like that for that long. I hear other guys asking (not many actually but I'm not seating here all the time in lobby) and getting first run around like me implying this is something new that someone mention (but try doing this or that...:D). I will ask my company to avoid this one - I don't think they are seriously taking their business

Room Tip: Choose other hotel :D)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank 83Chris_62
TheManagerAdmiralty, Manager at Airport Admiralty Motel, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Good afternoon Chris,

We would like to apologise for the internet connection problems that occurred during your stay and the inconveniences this may have caused. We were experiencing problems with our booster that allows for increased speed throughout the property and as with most IT issues this turned out to be more difficult to rectify than we first thought. We have since fixed this issue and have changed the way in which our internet system functions to ensure that this problem does not occur in the future. We sincerely apologise again and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Airport Admiralty Motel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Kapaau, Hawaii
Reviewed 28 May 2013

After hours arrival was not a good experience. All locked up and no directions as to how to contact hotel staff. Room was clean, but very dated with brick inside and out. Continental breakfast limited. Not quite as close to airport as I thought, but then again at night, not knowing where you are going all seems confusing.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Burt M
Good afternoon Burt,
Thank you kindly for your review. We are now in the process of improving our late night check in procedures as without valuable guest feedback we are sometimes unaware of these difficulties. Airport Admiralty Motel has recently completed a refurbishment to improve guest satisfaction. Next time you stay with us please feel free to contact our reception staff for an easier route to our motel (quicker, simpler and avoids busy Kingsford Smith Drive). We apologise for any inconveniences caused. Kindly, Airport Admiralty Motel Manager