Hilton Brisbane
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$99
Novotel Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$122
Novotel
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$93
ULTIQA Rothbury Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$129
ibis Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$94
  • Room Service
Central Cosmo Apartments(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$98
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
City Park Apartments(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$127
Hotwire.com
US$91
2,592 results
All reviewsthe executive loungequeen street malldiamond memberelizabeth streetlobby bardirect accessconcierge staffbreakfast buffetexcellent locationthe heart of the citycentral locationbusiness tripvalet parkingthe riversouth bankatriumwintergarden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Our decision to stay at this property was mostly due to the price - on the night we stayed, it was about half the price of any other CBD hotel. I assume that this was due to the nearby construction works, however as we stayed on a Saturday night (departing Sunday morning), the construction workers were nowhere to be seen, and the hotel was peaceful.

I should mention that this stay was to celebrate my 21st birthday - as I had a function planned in the nearby Fortitude Valley area that night. I mentioned this to the hotel during the online reservation process, by simply specifying this as my reason for requesting a late checkout. Upon check-in, the inquisitive staff member asked about my plans for the evening, and subsequently upgraded us to an Executive room (including 2x full breakfasts) at a fantastic discount (it was actually cheaper to purchase this upgrade than just pay for 2x breakfasts with our original room rate)! She also invited us to later enjoy complimentary pre-dinner drinks and canapes on the top floor (which we were sadly unable to utilise due to other plans), and applied a complimentary late check-out of 12pm to our reservation. About 5 minutes after arriving in our room, there was a knock on the door. To my surprise, one of the managers had brought up a hand-written birthday card, and a large bottle of champagne - which was completely unexpected, but a very nice touch! There was also a small box of Lindt chocolates in the room as a welcome gift, and Mount Franklin water from the mini bar was complimentary.

We ate dinner in the hotel's Atrium restaurant that night, and upon discovering the reason for my stay, the waiter brought out a free macaroon dessert, with "Happy birthday!" neatly written onto the plate in chocolate sauce, and even sang happy birthday! On our return to the hotel from the function (at around 2am), we arrived with what remained of the giant function cake (in a box almost 1 metre long). With no prior warning, the concierge staff arranged to have the cake stored in one of the hotel's fridges/cool-rooms until we were ready to collect it after checkout.

We ordered room service at about 2:30am, which was freshly cooked, tasty, and was delivered within 10-15 minutes of ordering. No tray/order charge was applied - just the actual price of the food.

The next morning, we had overslept, and only awoke about 10 minutes before breakfast was due to finish. My partner called the restaurant, and asked if there was any chance that they could wait just a few extra minutes before putting everything away. They were more than happy to do this, and even set up a table for us before we arrived. So that we didn't hold them up from preparing the restaurant for lunch, we got two plates of food each from the buffet (and drinks) before beginning to eat... About 10 minutes after we had sat down, one of the waiters even came to out table to make sure we'd had enough before they began putting everything away!

To top it all off, we went to reception after breakfast (staffed by a different woman this time), and asked if it would be possible to extend check-out by another hour. She was happy to do this at no charge.

This was my first stay in a Hilton property, and 23rd night in a hotel this year. It was by far the best in terms of service, even when compared to 5-star hotels in other world cities. The staff were all friendly, genuine, and all gave the impression that absolutely nothing would be too much trouble. I would definitely stay there again.

The only reason that I rated value as 4/5, was due to the fact that parking was priced at ~$50/night.

Hilton HHonors points were awarded within 3 days, and 1000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points appeared in my nominated account 7 days after check-out.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chrisch79
Reviewed 31 March 2011

The "noise" that some have commented on is a non-issue as far as I am concerned. The only noise I heard in my 23rd floor room started mid/late morning, was occasional, and ended by 3 in the afternoon. As noted below, while I am recommendin this Hilton, I have downgraded my rating to "very good" on the basis of the unconscionable parking charge ($50/night) others have commented on. Otherwise, in all other respects, this Hilton is a great hotel option in the heart of the Brisbane CBD.

I was greeted on the ground level by a parking valet and then made my way up to reception on the 6th floor. Total time from driving up to getting to my room was less than five minutes. The reception staff were personable yet professional. I was particularly impressed by the hotel's housekeeping/laundry service, which took a pair of pants and a shirt and had them back to me in travel-ready condition in just a couple of hours. The hotel does have a small business center on the reception floor and if, like me, you don't have a laptop with you, there are two computers in the business center and you can get internet access in two-hour blocks of time.

Rooms are large and nicely furnished, with a large and functional work desk. The bathroom was large, with a walk-in shower. HVAC output was good - important given the temperatures and humidity while I was in town. My king bed was comfortable and the bedding/duvet was spotless. If you can get a room on one of the higher floors you will have a nice view of the CBD and surrounding area. This hotel does have an executive floor lounge with an afternoon reception and morning breakfast.

In my view, at $50 a night, the amount charged to park at this Hilton seems obscene and is the most I've ever paid to park anywhere in the world. The minute I signed the parking voucher (and the $50 charge was highlighted I assume to make sure that one can't claim they're not warned about the amount!) my initial impression of the hotel was soured. I was sorely tempted to not recommend the hotel at all, but on balance the staff and rooms overcome the evident greed of the hotel's owners/management.

Notwithstanding the cost of parking and the temporary daytime construction noise, I do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive level room
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Flying_Lawyer
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We were sceptical when we were upgraded to special executive floor, looking forward to nice rest then prepare for function when the jackhammers started. We could not hear the operator on fone due this outrageous attack which sounded as though our cell was being demolished. Reception said it may stop at 5, only 4 hours away, that was the apology. We left and had to pay $48 to free our car from the demolition site.
Make sure u ask about noise

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank airnoosa
Reviewed 17 March 2011

This was the first time my wife and I had been to Australia and the first time we stayed at a Hilton. We were greeted by a gentleman on the conceirge who was very prompt with his service. The reception was on level 6 and it was quite a surprise to see the way the lobby was set up. Nothing like hotels we had stayed in previously. The service provided to us by a tall, young lady (Ashlee) on the from desk was outstanding. She mentioned she had only worked in hotels for a couple of months although her welcoming nature and service was delightful. The bags were delivered to our room instantly and the room was clean. I was a little taken back by a shower curtain and basic room features as they werent exactly "5 star". The housekeepers did a fantastic job and the room was made up every day. The lovely girl who checked us in also gave us directions and recommended places to go sightseeing and resturants to eat at. When leaving the conceirge also arranged taxis for us that came on time. The staff definitely made our experience to Australia memorable. Well done to the Housekeepers, Conceirge and Ashlee.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We stayed here for 3 weeks while in the process of moving to the Brisbane area from the U.S. The rooms are basic nothing over the top. The room has a fridge, mini bar, but no microwave. The beds were comfortable and we always had a good nights sleep. Our room was on the 12th floor and once the door was shut you couldn't really hear the noise from downstairs. There is a restaurant and bar in the lobby. There is also a swimming pool which we used every sunny day. It is a nice pool, I don't know if it is heated. The water was warm, but it was sunny day. So the sun may have heated the pool.
The restaurant is overpriced and the food isn't really worth it. We tried it a few times and never went back. ROOM SERVICE food is 100% better and was really good. After a long day we would order room service. My kids really liked the food from room service and so did we. It does take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get your food. Order before you are really hungry. We only did room service for dinner and an occasional lunch. We would buy food from grocery stores that are around for breakfast food. It worked for us.
The location cannot be beat. You will never have to get your car out if you are willing to walk. There is plenty to see, do, and restaurants around. We walked everywhere and it very easy to get around.
Parking was $46 a day, which was a tad high. I guess it is normal for the area. The valets were always quick about getting the car when needed. Never waited more than 10 minutes, 5 being the norm.
Internet was not free. We paid by the week was cheaper.
The staff were very friendly. The cleaning staff was great. It was a good experience overall.
Overall a great place to stay. I would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family