“Great stay; Great location!”
Review of Hilton Brisbane

Hilton Brisbane
Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Carlsbad, California
“Great stay; Great location!”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

This is truly a 5 star hotel located in the center of Brisbane, right off the Elizabeth Street Mall. We stayed here using Hilton Points so I don't know how much they charge for rooms but it's a really nice place to splurge. The restaurant had a good variety of food for breakfast and the VIP lounge had a great happy hour upstairs. Other than that, the main restaurant was being renovated during our stay. All the staff was very nice, helpful, professional and friendly. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious. We had to book 2 rooms to accommodate the 4 of us but my kids loved having their own giant bathtub to soak in. We had a city view and a very quiet room. I would definitely recommend a stay at this Hilton!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor away from the construction.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Dear 4foolsofwonder

Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your reward stay at the Hilton Brisbane.

May I thankyou for your continued loyalty to Hilton Hotels and hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Brisbane at some time in the future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Standard rooms were nice, good size. Excellent location and easy to get to. I just found the place a bit "cold" in terms of service. The elavators are weird. I went up when it was supposed to go down, stopped on every floor for no reason, twice! There's a $55 fee if you bring your own car (or hire car) for parking which I found incredibly annoying considering what rates you pay, even if someone wants to pick you up and have a coffee, there's that fee, how do these people make these decisions? I find this happening too often in Australian hotels and resorts lately.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Dear Mush5273

Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor.

I appreciate your positive comments on our newly refurbished bedrooms and that you found our central location useful. As you experienced we are currently refurbishing one of our guest lifts and hope to complete this project within the next couple of months.

With reference to the car park charges unfortunately the hotel does not own its own car park and therefore has to lease spaces so we may offer a convenient car parking service to our guests. These charges reflect what we are charged for parking in Brisbane CBD.

May I thankyou for your very useful feedback on our hotel and I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Brisbane in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2011

A 1 night stay in August 2011 as a result of a weather related cancelled return flight to Sydney lead me to the Hilton Hotel in Brisbane. The room was lovely - king bed, fancy bathroom - the usual top hotel fare. But, $330 per night I felt was very pricey for what you got. Saying that, at 10pm on a Tuesday night, there a not a lot of other options that spring to mind when your airline tells you they're not flying you back home until the next day. Drinks and nibbles in the bar downstairs were very nice (the pizza at midnight comes highly recommended). However, I avoided the $38 breakfast buffet the morning after and went outside into the Queen Street Mall for a more affordable breakfast at the Pig & Whistle. A word of warning - if you don't like heights (and I don't!!), then the Hilton in Brisbane is not for you! It all looks lovely from reception looking up - but peering down from the 14th floor to the bar below, or the ride up to your room in the glass elevator, is not for everyone.

Room Tip: If I had to do it again, I would bargain a little harder for a late night booking an hour before arr...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Dear DJR68

Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the late night pizza. We also appreciate that our glass fronted lifts are not for everyone and can make arrangements for guests to use an alternate lift that maybe more suitable.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Brisbane and I look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion that is planned rather than due to a flight cancellation.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Somewhat disappointed. No upgrade as hotel fully booked, ok you can’t expect an upgrade every time. But when they increase the hotel rate of a standard room to $419 per night because a rugby match was on, I feel a little cheated. Executive lounge was average, but the cakes and cookies were very good, obviously have a good pastry chef. Internet average.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Dear James W

Thankyou for filling out a review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to read we were unable to upgrade your room booking on your last stay with us. That particular weekend demand was extremely high for hotel rooms in Brisbane due to the Australia / New Zealand Test Match and all our Executive Rooms were sold out.

Your feedback on the food in our Executive Lounge was appreciated and will be reviewed with the team. We are very proud of our pastry team and I am sure they will be delighted to read your comments.

Thankyou for choosing the Hilton Brisbane and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Group of five booked for business 3 of us are Diamond Honours members. Confusion over bookings. We need to but my booking short and transfer my room to another guest in our party. Front desk staff needed the duty manager to intervene on the smallest request. My bill took a week to resolve. A jacket was left in a room by one of our party. Was found and lost again by housekeeping and then misplaced by concierge. After returning 2 weeks later the jacket could not be found after 45mins of searching. Concierge desk called me back 2 hrs later to say they had found it and they were kindly posting it to me. Good ending. But the front desk and reservation staff have a lot to be desired or require a lot of retraining. Wont ever stay again and considering handing back my Honours card and sticking with another chain.

1 Thank Lucy4810
Dear SamEcanberra

Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor.

May I sincerely apologise for the delayed response one of your party received when they left a jacket in their room. We have since reviewed our lost property procedures to ensure there is not such a delay in the future.

I appreciate the feedback on our Front Desk and Reservations team. Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.

I hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Brisbane so we may restore your faith in our hotel.

usa
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I was specting Hilton has a better standar food for the room service and bar, it was just a joke, presentation of the dishes are from the years 60-70, salads are a diisaster..... its not a 5 star hotel at all!!!!!, i stay in others hilton in the world and the food and presentation was beautifull, modern,....they should change it.
its pretty old .... hotel
The room was ok, but not like the other hiltons i was before

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wilson O
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 11 September 2011
Dear Wilson O

Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor.

I was disappointed to read that you felt the presentation of some of our bar and room service dishes was out dated. Your feedback is very important to us as it assists us in reviewing the level of service and facilities that we are offering our guests.

I am pleased to advise we are in the process of reviewing all our menus in anticipation of the opening of our new restaurant at the end of September.

I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Port Douglas, Australia
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here when next in Brisbane. The room was immaculate - fantastic king size extremely comfortable bed...although I did need to ask for a softer pillow....but that was taken care of immediately.Great bathroom and an even better shower. I had gone to Brisbane for a school reunion and found the location of the hotel to be perfect and very safe!!!!!!! All the staff were very attentive and caring - could not rate this higher!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
HHA3004, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
Dear Danny Gorman

Thank you for filling out a review on Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us. In particular your comments about our bedroom and bathroom that have recently been refurbished.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.