“We will return”

Ranked #21 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Brisbane
“We will return”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very central hotel - the Queen Street mall is right outside the "back door" with loads of shopping opportunities and restaurants to choose from.

We have found the Hilton staff to be always professional with a high standard of service. Check-in and check-out was quick and friendly. The deluxe room was of a high quality and very modern.

The atmosphere at the newly renovated bar was relaxing, yet busy.

Parking (either self-parking or valet) is $55. They automatically charged us $2 for a newspaper although we weren't asked if we wanted one - it used to be complimentary.

Overall, the hotel is certainly value for money if you can obtain a good price (they have specials from time to time). We continually return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RonaldvanWeezel, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Brissy2,

Thank you for your great feedback on Tripadvisor after your stay at the Hilton Brisbane.
It is great to read you fully enjoyed your time with us and thank you also for making such wonderful comments about our team members. As you state, we are indeed privileged with the central location and our guests are able to enjoy Brisbane's hospitality.
The Vintaged bar got a new facelift with the artwork of Simon Degroot and is indeed a nice spot to relax.
We are looking forward welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards, Ronald van Weezel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've stayed in several Hilton hotels including one opposite the World Trade Centre and on Time Square in New York, but I have to say the Brisbane CBD Hilton is my favourite so far.

We were able to book 4 free nights (plus two paid) at the hotel as my other half travels a lot for work, regularly staying in Hilton Hotels, so now he is a member of their Hilton Honours Scheme.

Just walking into the foyer took my breath away, a huge marble clad room was home to the reception, hotels bar and restaurant. It was light, airy, sleek, clean and beautiful.

The reception, cleaning, restaurant and door staff were friendly, chatty, welcoming and so helpful throughout our entire stay, we could not fault them at all.

Our room was huge and on the 22nd floor so we had wonderful views of the city, with the Town Hall framed by the surrounding hotels and business blocks.

The room was modern, clean and had a huge bathroom to boot!

We used the room service several times and the food was fantastic, as was our complementary breakfasts which included fruit, hot food like a Full English Breakfast or freshly made pancakes and omelettes, pastries, cereals, yogurts and fantastic unlimited coffee, tea and juice.

We made use of the Hilton’s pool and sundeck on the 8th floor, this was all kept immaculate and well stocked in towels!

I cannot fault the Brisbane Hilton in anyway, if you want 5 star service, food, cocktails and impeccable treatments stay here!

Room Tip: If you have special needs due to disability or being elderly, do not be afraid to ask for help, we d...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
RonaldvanWeezel, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Ladygogo84,

Thank you for your extensive and insightful review of your recent experience at the Hilton Brisbane. It is great to read you fully enjoyed your time with us and thank you for making such wonderful comments about our team members, the service and the F&B outlets.
As you state correctly, you are able to use your Hilton HHonors advantages of being a member after reaching a certain Hilton HHonors status. In addition, we are indeed privildged with our spacious rooms and our central location which makes it very convenient for our business as well as leisure guests to enjoy Brisbane.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

with best regards, Ronald van Weezel
MichealMacSuibhne
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for a couple of nights in April. Hilton has a great name for being reliable but for me something else is important - They always have smoking rooms. Now these must be secured in advance of arrival but they do exist.
Another bonus at this hotel was its marvellous restaurant specialising in steaks. I had a wonderful evening there and the food was superb!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Micheal MacSuibhne,

Thank you for your positive review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at the Hilton Brisbane. It is wonderful to read that we were able to fulfill your wishes regarding the smoking room you were enjoying a nice dinner in our award - winning Vintaged restaurant for which we get indeed great feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Let me list the problems: Checked me in to a smoking room. Told me that it wasn't a smoking room when I complained (despite the fact there was an ash tray on the desk, and it stank of smoke so badly that you could smell it in the corridor when you approached the room) When they moved me to another room, somehow left it as "vacant", so half an hour later, someone walked into my room who had just been checked into my room. This de-activated my room key. When I had that fixed (and they made me wait about 5 minutes at the front desk while they tried to work out what had happened), now about midnight, I then got disturbed again by room service delivering someone else's order to my room. All capped off by the invoice under my door on check out day - the room rate charged for the second night was double the rate of the first night - yet another problem to sort out. When I tried to sort it out I was told "it's OK, the travel agent is taking care of the room charge" - the staff didn't seem to understand that I am a responsible employee, and didn't want my company charged double because I was too lazy to get a problem fixed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

5 Thank Bernard S
RonaldvanWeezel, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Bernard S,

Thank you for your insights on Tripadvisor about your recent visit to the Hilton Brisbane. It is disappointing to see that we were not able to satisfy your requirements on this particular visit. I trust the contact you had with the hotel direct around the misunderstandings resulting in the inconvenience experienced will have answered all your queries posted.
We sincerely hope to one day change your opinion about our hotel again.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We love this hotel. It's so convenient. Always made welcome and staff could not be more helpful. It's like a home away from home for us.

Food is great and atmosphere is very relaxing. Good if your in Brisbane to shop as it's right in the Mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a high rise room looking out on the river. An executive room gives many benefits.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Marlane S
Dear Marlane S,

Thank you for your brief and kind insight into the recent stay you had at the Hilton Brisbane. Giving you the feeling being home away is certainly a positive sentiment we feel very proud of. Hopefully you won't remain away from us for too long this time and give us the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I would expect staying with a Hilton branded hotel the Hilton experience. In this case it was not delivered. Service was patchy, for instance my room was not cleaned properly during my stay, wait service was OK some of the time at others notably absent.

The room itself was nice enough, bed very comfortable, but the ammenities were sparse. One bar of soap for a five day stay which I transferrred from shower to sink as required is a bit cheap, especially at the rate I paid to be up on one of the executive floors.

One thing that really annoys me in 2014 is the additional charge for wifi. Not particularly cheap at AUD $29 per 24 hours.

Overall a very average experience and one I am unlikely to repeat

2 Thank Kiwi_acct
RonaldvanWeezel, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Kiwi_acct,

Thank you for your insights on Tripadvisor about your recent visit to the Hilton Brisbane. It is with regret that I read you did not fully enjoy your stay as your expectations of the room were not met.
We sincerely hope to one day change your opinion about our hotel again. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel direct should there be any further unanswered queries or concerns we might need to address.

With kind regards, Ronald van Weezel
Charlottesville, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

the Brisbane Hilton delivers on everything they advertise they do it ! From spotless rooms , to great breakfast, super friendly and professional staff in all areas .. it is by far one the best hotels in the world, and I travel a lot on business, this is as good as they come ! Congratulations to a great team and their GM , Ron van Weezel !

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sorin G,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. It is great to read about your positive experience at the Hilton Brisbane, enjoying our food offering and interacting with our team members. Your comments are most certainly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.