“Business Days”

Ranked #22 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Mandurah, Australia
“Business Days”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have stayed in this Hotel several times and it is in a perfect location right in the center of the City. The rooms are very nicely decorated in a modern style and have pleasant feel about it. I like this Hotel however on this stay I found it a very noisy place. My room was on a high floor but I was able to hear the noise from the baar in the Lobby as the center hallway is open and the noise will echo right to the top floors. Furthermore there was a Party going on in the room next door until 1:30 AM until I called security to shut it down. The executive Lounge on the top floor is very good with great Service and friendly staff. Overall with the exception of the noise a great place to stay however the rates are very high.

Room Tip: Select rooms on high floors
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
RonaldvanWeezel, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Paul I,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience at the Hilton Brisbane.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay and delighted to hear that the team in our Executive Lounge made it even more special. On this occasion, please accept my sincere apologies for the noise in your room and for any inconvenience caused during your stay. I will ensure I personally address this issue with our security team.

We look forward to welcoming you back and having you stay with us again at Hilton Brisbane.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on 07 3234 2000.

Ronald van Weezel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The food and and room amenity and comfortness, in this experience, was not as good as I expect to "enjoy" lodging in this brand of hotel. Hilton was once to me the must stay hotel in my leisure trip with my wife, but not anymore.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Wai Keung L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on Tripadvisor.

I was extremely concerned to learn that we had not lived up to your expectations. On this occasion, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Trust I will personally review your comments with our management team.

Should I be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 07 3234200.

We truly hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Brisbane and be able to provide you with the true Hilton experience.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Took a weekend break here to visit Brisbane.... fantastic location, very close to Queen St Mall and all the shops. Rooms were modern, clean & well equipped. Valet parking was available byt expensive, so took another parking option next door which was cheaper. Staff were extremely courteous & professional...... it was a really great place to stay!

Room Tip: Very close to CBD & shops, so try to get a room on a higher floor? We were on level 12 and could...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
RonaldvanWeezel, General Manager at Hilton Brisbane, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Alan B,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

It is great to learn about your positive experience at the Hilton Brisbane. We are indeed privileged with our central location allowing our guests direct access to some of the best shopping experience in Brisbane. I am also delighted to read that our team were able to add to a great experience and trust I will personally share your comments with the team.

We truly hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Brisbane hand have you stay with us again.

Oxford, UK
Reviewed 14 August 2014

There's nothing actually wrong with this hotel but it is rather boring. Horrible bar (twinned with the moon - no atmosphere) and all open plan in the foyer/bar/restaurant. The rooms are fine but if you are looking for something more cosy, go elsewhere. It's also rather expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DeanOxford
Dear DeanOxford,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments from your recent stay with us in Hilton Brisbane.

I am disappointed to learn that your stay did not live up to your expectations and felt the architecture was a little boring. The design of the hotel is often subject and unfortunately it does not always appeal to everyone. It is however the design of Harry Seidler, an award winning Australia architect who has been recognised for his efforts both nationally and internationally.

Rest assured that we value your comments and I personally share these with our management teams. On behalf of the team, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back Hilton Brisbane.

Gold Coast
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Brisbane Hilton for short break. We found the hotel at its best in location. Service was really good. Disappointed no free water bottles in room on arrival. Recommend to stay here. Heaps of restaurants, shopping mall and places of interest to visit. Casino is close by for good luck, Car park valet quite steep.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor still good
1 Thank mok y
Dear mok y,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

It is great to read about your positive experience at the Hilton Brisbane. We are indeed privileged with our central location which makes it convenient for our guests not only to enjoy our but also Brisbane’s hospitality. It is a pleasure to learn that our team members were providing you with the true Hilton experience. I will personally make sure to share your comments with the rest of the team.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The thing about this hotel is that it is centrally located in Brisbane (Brisvegas) and its staff are amazing - cannot fault a single person.
After arriving late in the night, I was informed that my pre-paid room was not available. The staff could not explain how something like this could occurr, but to their creit they tried and within half an hour (during which time I had started to look for other hotels), had a room for me. They did upgrade me. Receptionist was lovely - apologetic and genuine. No fake eylashes, squinting eyes or tawdry dress with hair extensions that makes Jubba look like he has a receeding hair line.
The lobby / foyer was this large cavernous space - made it a raucous place with splatterings of colour, dim lighting, infused with an air of general banality pretending to be something - you know when you walk into a place you get a feel for it...there is no feel here. Is the space an ode to modernism? Or someone's idea of what sleek business, hip and cool translates into? Irrespective of motives, it is a cavernous space with no art, filled with dim lights, the sounds one expects in 17th century English Inns of disrepute, lashings of black with the only warmth being the staff. Or is this brash 'the Nanny in retirement' version of sleek/contemporary?
On entering the room, I found the carpets not cleaned, the bathroom was not clean - someone's hair was still in the shower recess with the wash basin covered in brown spider cracks. There was a musty / dour smell in the room. The bed was not comfortable nor were the pillows. I am getting a massage to recover.
The decor in the executive room created an expectation that Austin Powers would come swagging in. Outdated, chipped brown furniture. I love wood, but this was laminate purgatory. There were a Jeston like tubular shelves or art installations that sat on the wall. A George Jetson chiar in the corner (all shades of browns and beiges) and the carpet was a melange of oblong interconnecting lines of browns and beiges printed onto the carpet. The provision of slippers - a dying art in hotels - made the unclean carpets bearable.
The ironing board also was not cleaned - again I found someone's hair.
Breakfast was the usual fair - the juicer was great. The staff however lifted a hohum ordinary experience into something more. From the executive lounge you could start your day with wonderview views across the Brisbane River. Evening drinks and canapes were also ok (there was a lack of appreciation of balancing cheese selection and appropriate temperatures). Again it was the staff that set this place apart.
I was on the 21st floor but the noise which the cavernous space accentuates the noise, makes for the provision of ear plugs part of the complimentary items. Turn the aircon off at night - if you can - it is awfully loud.
Check out was easy. However the guest feedback requested feedback on good experiences of staff only. Makes me wonder if the hotel is interested in positive comments about their staff only.
Standout for me was the staff.

Room Tip: Check if there are refurbished rooms.
2 Thank Ranjini050
Dear Ranjini050,

Thank you for taking the time to post your insightful review on TripAdvisor.

On this occasion, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused with your reservation and for the shortfalls in quality in your room. Rest assured I will personally follow up on these issues with our both our housekeeping and front office teams.

I am however delighted to learn that our team were able to provide you with the level of service that is consistent with Hilton hotels. Trust I will share your comments with the team as I am sure they too will be delighted.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and should I be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on 02 3234 2000. On behalf of the team, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Brisbane.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed in the deluxe king room and found it quite comfortable. Smaller than some rooms from similarly priced hotels but still large enough for two people. The bed was firm but still comfortable. The bathroom was very small, particularly the shower / bath space - could be larger. Overall a comfortable stay.

1 Thank Jason R
Dear Jason R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on Tripadvisor.

It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guest rooms start with a size of 32sqm and have a reasonable size for such a central location. Please have a look at our website where we display special offers including packages or please do not hesitate to contact us on 07 3234 2000 if you wish to make a reservation in of one of our higher room categories with a larger room size.