“Ideal city location”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #26 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Visited here on the way back from the Gold Coast. Staff were friendly and efficient, gold rewards extras were excellent. Room was comfortable. Location ideal. Only negative was that there was no heating in the bathroom and lighting was set up so that the shower was very dark.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2011

It's been about 10 years since I last stayed at the Marriott Brisbane, but I ended up there for 3 nights this week as my usual brisbane hotels were fully booked. Glad to be back! The level of service is fantastic and helps when you have a busy schedule. It's not in the best location (.... although not bad) and is little more expensive than where I normally stay, but I will consider making it my usual Brisbane hotel again. Macaroons and bubbles on arrival is a nice touch :->

Room Tip: Take out Marriott Rewards on arrival to get free WiFi access.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed over the Queen's birthday long weekend. The hotel was very well presented, decent rooms, beds that were comfortable - this was very important as I value my sleep very highly! We had the breakfast buffet at the hotel most days for convenience, and it was pretty good. Great selection of fresh fruits and cereals, and the usual hot breakfast buffet offerings. The bottomless expresso/flat whites were a nice touch. The staff and service throughout the stay were excellent. If you enjoy restuarants, there are a lot of restaurants on offer just down the road at the Eagle Street pier. It's about a 15 to 20 min walk to the Queens Street Mall so easy walking distance. The pool area was nice, just a little small that's all. The gym was very well equiped.

Free broadband members to Mariott members - membership is free.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverview room!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Beautiful hotel, always clean when I have stayed there, Staff is excellent. The rooms are not large but it is to be expected, they are furnished extremely well. It was beautifully decorated in a very old fashioned style, but with all the modern comforts you would expect. The location was perfect! There are many restaurants in walking distance to the hotel that provide better food and better prices. We stayed here for 3 days in June 2011 and I cannot speak highly enough about our experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying here the next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2011

very expensive, but very convenient location on the Brisbane river. Downtown is an easy walk, with numerous bars/restaurants only a few blocks away. $40AUD per day for parking or valet, tiny little lobby bar. Didnt eat at the restaurant. Very nice room with a incredible view of the riverfront. The bathroom had a shower and separate bathtub!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I stayed there for 2 weeks. Initially, straight after I made my reservation, I found out I needed a medical appointment upom return, so I had to cancel 2 nights. Tey remained adamant that their policy is NO REFUND.

It must be the top worst chef in the univers, really, with high prices of minimum 40. They also charged 4 AUD for each room delivery.
The room was big enough, but NO DVD player, no microwave, despite me being there for 2 weeks with my young child.

the staff (gilrs at reception) was considerate and poor Violette cleaned nicely daily.

I chosed them because it was winter and they advertised heated pool. The pool was cold and nobody could swim in it. The gym room was stuffy, because no air con and the 2 fans were broken.

I will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MonalisaMelbourne
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We stayed at the Brisbane Marriott for 4 nights over the Queen’s Birthday long weekend - and have to say we had a most enjoyable stay.

This is the third time we've stayed at this hotel – and have never been disappointed. The river-view room weekend promotional rate was very, very reasonable. We were greeted on arrival with a warm welcome, a glass of sparkling, and canapés. All the staff were professionally attentive. Our room was beautiful - clean, spacious, well decorated and inviting. The breakfast buffet did not disappoint – bountiful food of all sorts and varieties.

The hotel location was convenient to all the things we wanted to do in Brisbane – and close to the river for a nice stroll along the waterfront.

This is a hotel we highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends