“Enjoyable stay”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #24 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We stayed at the Brisbane Mariott for a week and had a glitch at check that was addressed by the management professsionally the next day. We were very pleased by the hands-on approach the management took in rectifying the problem. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The concierge lounge was fabulous ( both breakfast and evening snacks) and kept in perfect order by a great team. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the location on the river. The hotel was located near restaurants and coffee shops. We ate in the hotel restaurant twice and found the food to be good (not great) and the waitstaff was fantastic. We would stay at this property if we are in the Brisbane area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear JAR59 – I’m pleased to learn that the problem you encountered upon arrival was managed well and resolved to your satisfaction. However, I do apologise here for any disappointment or inconvenience you were caused.

On another note, it’s wonderful to read your feedback regarding our Executive Lounge. The Lounge team take such great pride in looking after our guests and they will be chuffed to read your comments.

Similarly, our Motion Bar & Grill associates will be thrilled to read your compliments regarding their service. They will of course be disappointed to learn that your meals were not up to par. We take that on board and look forward to wowing you the next time you stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Brisbane Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 14 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend and had a great time, yet again. The atmosphere in the hotel is relaxing, but the style is undeniable. We stayed in a standard room, with views of the river and a terrific king size bed. We stay here quite often simply because you always know what you are going to get, great service, great food and a good environment to enjoy them in.

We even realised that the price of drinks in the bar is better (in most circumstances) than the pub we ate in for lunch. Why go elsewhere?

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the story bridge, its beautiful of an evening!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Colin M – It’s fantastic to read such complimentary feedback, particularly from one of our regular guests. I picked up on your comment that the Hotel has undeniable style. We believe it truly does and I’m so pleased you think so too. Regarding our pricing, we believe we provide good value across the hotel and I’m delighted you were pleasantly surprised in M Bar.

Thankyou for your insightful review. Look out for some more great relaxing weekend getaway packages on our website as we’d love to see you and your wife back again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

This was the second time I have stayed at the Marriot and it's a fantastic atmosphere and environment.

The rooms and nice and comfortable and the beds are too die for. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Very disappointing for a Marriott. Desperately in need of refurbishment. Rooms are gloomy, & small with mustard brown carpets.... awful, & with outdated furnishings. Bathrooms are small, & ours had only 1 basin...not acceptable for a so-called 5* hotel.
Definately will not stay here again. Far nicer, lighter, brighter & better furnished hotels in Brisbane, & better value too.
There is a tacky round seating banquette in the middle of the lobby, which is also unimpressive.

There is no luggage service, & we had to leave our car illegally parked out the front, & take the keys to reception.

The receptionist was lovely & friendly, & we were given a complimentary champagne. A nice touch maybe rubbing off from the wonderful hotels & resorts in Asia? Now they have style!

Seriously look around visitors. Much more to be recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side may have views of river.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KLTSunshineCoast
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear KLTSunshineCoast – We receive so many wonderful comments about our furnishings and appointments, particularly our newly refurbished ground floor Lobby. However, I am sorry that you didn’t find our décor to your taste. We are planning a refurbishment of our rooms in the near future and hope that you may possibly reconsider and give us another try then. I do thank you for your kind comments regarding our receptionist and our welcome glass of champagne initiative.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

Everything was what one would expect at a top notch Marriott. The only disappointment was the lack of valet , and bell service upon arrival. I feel guests should be greeted at they arrive to check in, and there was no one. I had to leave my vehicle unattended at the curb and transport my baggage to the reception area.
The reception staff was personable , friendly and efficient. I received a complimentary upgrade to a River view room. Everything was clean, in top condition, and comfortable: no soiled carpets, furniture finishes were not marred, painted surfaces were clean, vents clean, glass and tile surfaces clean, no chips. It was such a pleasure to have a major major municipal hotel in top notch condition. ( a huge contrast in every aspect to the Westin Dublin last summer) . The room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, all linens, robes and towels in like new condition. Wi Fi is complimentary for Marriott rewards members. I will be returning in the next few weeks, and I hope to discover that expecting consistency is justified. I highly recommend the Marriott Brisbane.

Room Tip: River view is nicer than city view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear happytrails702 – Thankyou for sharing your experience with us. I particularly love that you enjoyed our ‘top notch’ condition. Our housekeeping and maintenance teams work diligently to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and they’ll be delighted to see their efforts acknowledged. It goes without saying though that I am very sorry we dropped the ball in relation to your arrival experience. We have a wonderful Concierge team and I know that they will be similarly disappointed that your welcome and first impressions were not as they should have been. Please accept our sincere apologies. Thankyou again for your very gracious review and we look forward to welcoming you back in coming weeks.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed at the Marriott the night before my wedding with my bridesmaids and mother and the night of my wedding (3 rooms in total for 2 nights), in addition I also made arrangements for other guests to stay at the hotel. Given I advised the Marriott the booking was for a wedding, unfortunately there were nothing but problems upon our arrival. Upon checking-in all all our rooms were not ready, in fact we could not even get into one of the rooms until much later because another guest had arranged for a late check-out.Please keep in mind that I booked this accomodation months in advance and we arrived at check-in time, 2pm. In addition, the rooms were all meant to be beside each other, although 2 were the other room was on a complete other floor - not nice when I am meant to be spending my last night as a single lady with my closest family and friends. The tv in one of the rooms also broke and could not be fixed until the next day.The day of the wedding upon arriving back from the hairdressers the rooms had not been made up for photos so we were getting ready and trying to have photos taken while the room was being cleaned around us. All the staff could do were offer complimentary bottles of champagne. In addition, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with the rooms as they are just about due for an upgrade. Overall this is a nice hotel, but the service was disappointing!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erin_Maree84
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear Erin_Maree84 – Firstly, my sincerest apologies. We have a reputation for providing wonderful wedding party accommodation and, as advised in previous correspondence with your family, I can absolutely appreciate your disappointment with those aspects of our service that were found wanting in this instance. I won’t attempt to make excuses except to assure you that our aim is to ensure all of our guests enjoy a memorable experience for all the right reasons and we are so very sorry that this was not the case for you on your special occasion. We certainly do not wish for you to have a poor impression of our hotel and I would be pleased if you would contact me direct as I would appreciate the opportunity to regain your confidence. I look forward to hearing from you and, hopefully, welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

my wife and i stayed at marriott for two days, The service and location were excellent, the staff were very friendly, as we were our honeymoon, they served us a glass of champagne, i strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear samuel s – We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed a memorable honeymoon stay with us. Thankyou so much for taking the time to comment and we hope to see you again on your 1st Anniversary, if not before.