“WOW...Loved this place”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #24 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 23 July 2012

While our room was very well appointed, it was the staff and the extras that makes this hotel stand out. I stay in a lot of hotels and rarely write reviews, but I can't help it this time. The staff were so-o helpful. They put us on the executive floor with access to the lounge. My advance rate ($249) also included valet parking and a buffet breakfast for two. The hotel is very clean, newly renovated and in the heart of downtown on the Brisbane waterfront. I would love to return and will definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear sprucewood - Thankyou for your fantastic review and rating. Our staff will be absolutely delighted to see that you were so impressed with their service that it has prompted you to write this rare review. High praise indeed and much appreciated. And I’m also so pleased you were able to take advantage of one of our fantastic Advanced Purchase Rates. Please look out for future offers as we look forward to delighting you again on a future visit!

There are newer reviews for Brisbane Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I have been a brisbane marriott regular for over 10 years and it always meets my approval. My last stay was at the end of June. The hotel has had a fabulous renovation with a much better atmosphere in the bar/dining area. As usual the marriott bed is like sleeping in heaven and I had a beautiful veiw of the river and story bridge. The service is unbeatable nothing is ever too much trouble and the staff are there to please. It is a leisurely walk to the mall which has great shopping. The riverside markets on Sunday are worth the 2 minute stroll up the river with numerous cafes with excellent coffee, mind you the marriott cafe and dining options are a must the food is delicious. If you are staying in Brisbane and want comfort, luxary, service, and a great locality don't bother looking any further you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: The high floors have the best veiws
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

Dear Eatloveprayplay – Thankyou so much for your very complimentary review. We are delighted that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and particularly that you have found our recently renovated restaurant, Motion Bar & Grill, to have such great atmosphere. That was our aim and it’s wonderful to hear your thoughts. Our staff will also be thrilled to read your praise of their service, our location, the views, the food, the coffee and our super comfortable Marriott ‘revive’ bedding. You certainly seem to make the most of your stays with us and it goes without saying that we look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Just stayed for a week on business and I have to say I was quite impressed. Great location along the river and many of the best restaurants in town within 5 mins walk. Downtown is another few minutes down Adelaide street and taxis are easy to get. The hotel itself is better than the normal Marriott (I stay in Marriott's more than 75 nights a year). Lobby is pretty stylish and spacious. Restaurant is serving good food all day and the service throughout the hotel is good.

Rooms are also a notch better than the average Marriott. I stayed in a deluxe with river views and even staying 7 nights felt comfortable. Space for work, relax and sleep. Bathroom was large and I really like the big showers.

Parking, we used the valet which is a great service. I know its not cheap but Brisbane isn't a cheap city. Our office parking garage charges $100 aud per day ! so the $45 at the hotel isn't too bad I think (compared to other similar locations).

Finally, if you can, try to get access to the Exec lounge. Its on the 26th floor, have fabulous views of the river and the city. Breakfast and other nibbles throughout the day with good coffee, tea and other drinks. Service in the lounge was great.

I look forward to returning later this year.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms with river views
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear RichardU71 – We’re absolutely delighted you enjoyed your week’s stay with us and it’s particularly pleasing to receive such positive feedback from a seasoned business traveller. It’s great to hear that you were impressed with our service, location, rooms, restaurant and our Executive Lounge which is excellent value with all the inclusions and fabulous views. I also appreciate your comments regarding our valet parking service and the competitiveness of our fee. Thank you for your most informative and detailed review. We look forward to welcoming back later in the year.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

The Marriott Brisbane is one of the finest Marriotts we have ever stayed in. The Riverwalk location is perfect for getting all around Brisbane. A short walk to the train station or river taxis. The concierge level is one of the finest, great food and great service. The atmosphere is plush and relaxing, the Marriott in Sydney should come check out this property for a few tips on how to furnish and serve their valued customers. The rooms are well equipped with beautiful views. Outstanding property and fabulous staff!

Room Tip: Stay on the concierge level, it will pay for itself in the amenities offered in the lounge.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Dear TravelConnoisseurs – Thankyou so much for your wonderful review that has encapsulated all of the elements we take such pride in – our staff service, food, atmosphere, décor and location. I am delighted your stay with us was so enjoyable and hope that your travels may bring you this way again soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Nice Hotel in a good location to the CBD & the river. The rooms were comfortable & clean& the service was fine, although the service in the restaurant for breakfast wasn't great. There seemed to be a lack of staff & the breakfast itself was of a poor standard. There are many places close by the hotel to have a cheaper & nicer breakfast.
Across the road from the concierge downstairs is a walkway which leads alongside the river which is filled with some very nice restaurants & cafes for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Great concierge! Very helpful & attentive.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Kat-LakeMacquarie – I am delighted to note your comments in relation to our location, rooms and Concierge service. However, I and our restaurant team are most disappointed to learn that we let you down at breakfast. Please accept our apologies. We understand how important the breakfast experience is and it’s something we usually get so right. Needless to say, we’ll be applying some extra focus in that area of our service. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you on a future occasion.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

My wife and i stayed here for a weekend getaway, excellent service and very attenative, checkout and checkin fast, beautiful view, lovely room and a great sleep, breakfast had lots to choose from, wish we could of stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear PetJud71 – I’m thrilled you so enjoyed your weekend getaway with us. Thankyou for taking the time to post a review and we hope you have the opportunity to come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed here in june 2012. The hotel and conf facilities are great but the hidden charges are something to watch for. Yes they park the car for $20 per night - fair. But only valet parking option so that's a further $45 per! No that means parking is costing me more than hiring the car. I decided to return the car and rehire the next day as Thrifty is 5mins walk away and they do a good range if cars for all budgets.

Brizzy is great and this hotel is 2 mins walk to nearest cat (boat) station to get down river, and it's far cheaper and quicker than the taxi firms. Once 'down river' the place is buzzing on a Friday nite!

This hotel makes a perfect base if budgets are not that much of a consideration. The rooms were tidy, clean, good + finish, and nice bathrooms.

The heating didn't work on night one but this was fixed fast, and the night service chap was very helpful. Concierge also very attentive and didn't have hand out every 2mins.

So scrutinise your bill, shop aroun for car park near by, and enjoy the river and local cuisine from around the Marriott.

I stayed here for a works conference and then for 2 days for my wife and I so can recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear TimandVal – Thankyou so much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed our great location and attentive service.

Of course, I was sorry to learn that you were unaware of our secure valet parking charge which we endeavour to keep very competitive. We also try to be very up front with all of our charges and this particular information is provided on our website and also forwarded with booking confirmations. However, if all of your communications with us were verbal, I apologise sincerely that it was not mentioned.

I’m so pleased you nevertheless enjoyed your time with us and I do appreciate your recommendation. We hope to welcome you on a future visit.