“Great location with wonderful views of the river” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brisbane Marriott Hotel

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #29 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Utah
“Great location with wonderful views of the river”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location, next to the river. Valet parking shuts down a bit early, I think I arrived around 10:30 and the valet was already closing up for the night. The restaurant is great but the breakfast is the best meal. The rooms are great and the beds are wonderful. Take a walk along the riverfront, plenty of restaurants from which to choose.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of Storey bridge, the lights at night are nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Marriott Brisbane was a pretty good hotel. The lobby was nice although the rooms needed to be redone but still pretty good. The beds in the rooms were quite hard so didn't exactly have a pleasant The fee for breakfast was pretty expensive (85 dollars per person). The location is great, about a 5 minute walk to the city! Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Helen T
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Helen T - Thankyou for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay overall and particularly our ideal location. I am sorry though that you found the bed in your room to be hard – we usually receive such great feedback on our bedding so I do apologise that you have been disappointed. I agree with you that $85 per person for breakfast is expensive. However, I wonder if this has been a typo, as a full buffet breakfast in our restaurant Motion Bar & Grill is great value at just $35.00 per person. I also appreciate your feedback regarding our rooms. Of course, we’d love to be brand new all of the time. Our entire Lobby Level has recently been renovated with great success and an innovative and exciting renovation of our accommodation rooms is in the planning stages. Thankyou again for your valued feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards
James Ferguson
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

An excellent venue and hotel with great service and attention to detail. I can not thank the staff enough for their impeccable service and assistance recently when my daughter was married and held the reception there. My daughter stayed in the Presidential suite which is both elegant and luxuriously comfortable whilst I stayed in a river view suite that was equally as charming although much smaller of course. The buffet breakfast caters for all dietary needs including chefs on hand waiting to cook fresh for you.

• Stayed June 2014
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed one night in an Executive Club room before going on a cruise. Well worth the extra cost. Room had 2 double beds (travelling with mum) and a walkin shower. Great toiletries by Thann. Complimentary water and an apple were a nice surprise. Beds were really comfy!

Had afternoon tea in the club whilst we enjoyed the view from 26th floor. Later they offered drinks and a good selection of hot and cold nibbles including making your own caesar salad. Breakfast was extensive enough not to need to go downstairs - eggs, bacon, smoked salmon, pastries.

Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Go for executive floor room. Benefits well worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I only arrived two hours ago and I'm more than impressed with the Marriott Brisbane. On arrival the delightful concierge helped me with my bags and got me to check in with no fuss. The man who brought my bags to my room gave me some great tips on movies and explained his motivation to join Marriott hotels. Love to see such keen staff front of house.
The room (2209) is just lovely. Two large double beds, so comfy I could go to sleep right now. Impeccably clean. And the bathroom has a separate bath and shower and a nice large area to spread out all my cosmetics. Very impressed.
I just ordered room service - oh my gosh - amazing food. Lamb was delicious, seasonal vegetables, yum. And to top it off the best crème brulee I've had in years. Congrats to the restaurant team. Room service doesn't come this good often. Only minor flaw was that I asked for no fennel with my lamb, but they left it on the plate, but I forgive them, because the food was soooo good.
Wardrobe has enough space for all my clothes, and they provide decent clothes hangers and lots of them.
This hotel ticks all my boxes - quiet, clean, great beds and above all staff service that could rival any five star Asian hotel.
And for that I'm joining the Marriott membership club. I'm going to add them to my list of 'go to' hotels for travel. Pity I'm only here for one night. But I'm really looking forward to breakfast in the morning!
Thank you Marriott for an excellent short stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank EmbeeWellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Many hotels have views, nice entry halls, convenient location and large comfortable rooms with plush bedding. What makes a real difference is the people. Pen from housekeeping noticong I like camomile tea and adding an extra couple plus a few nice caramels with a personal note. That makes a difference when you travel for work a lot. The American room service person suggesting a poached egg to their well priced delicious caeser salad and it arriving in 12 minutes. Excellent. Calls to see you are okay with your room choice. Delightful. Barman not in your face but interested in your story. Just right. Good hotel brand I trust but local staff attitude is excellent. Well done all. Stay here if you have long term plans and you become part of the family.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business