“Pleasure”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #25 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a proper hotel,well situated with nice scenery. Belongs to my favorites.Our family really enjoyed --not just spent a night.
All services are of good quality and staff excellent.Special thanks for club lounge and limo service.
I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had a comfortable stay at the end of July. The internet connection had some issues. The best part was the traditional Marriot bed comfort. But when I tried to pay with USD, they had offered me an insane change rate. I have paid 750 USD for 726 Aussie Dollars. I had to leave early and I didn't have time to quarrel with front office. Please change your money beforehand.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear zulashi – I’m so pleased to note that you enjoyed our super comfortable Marriott bedding. However, I am sorry to hear that you experienced some internet connectivity issues. I do hope that we were able to resolve them for you while you were here. I can also appreciate your dismay at the exchange rate, however, I wish to assure you that we adhere to the current market rates which are provided daily by a third party. Thankyou for your review and I hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming you again when you are next in this part of the world.

Kind regards
James Ferguson

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at most of the big name hotels in Brisbane but never at the Marriott before. I do like it and have no real issue. The only comment would be the mattress I had was just about at the end of its life with a droop and a few small lumps. Otherwise a nice hotel and friendly staff. The location is very good if working in the CBD and not in as busy a spot as the Hilton.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I recently stayed at this property for 3 nights and, overall, found the hotel to be better than average on several fronts. The location was great, being next to the river. The breakfast was excellent, with a very attentive serving staff and quality food and selection. Probably the biggest negative I found was that several floors smelled a bit moldy. Not sure if that is a Brisbane thing, or just this hotel. Fortunately, my room did not have that same odor. For lunches and dinners, I suggest you head out to the river walk, or towards the Queen Street Mall, for a wide selection of pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AAF62
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear AAF62 – I’m delighted that you enjoyed our Hotel overall and found our location to be so accessible to the river walk and the Brisbane shopping and dining scene. We take great pride in providing one of Brisbane’s best buffet breakfasts and it’s great to hear that you were so impressed with our service and selections. On another note, I was of course most concerned to hear that you found there to be a smell of mould on some of our floors. I do wish to assure you and Trip Advisor readers that we have the most stringent, daily cleaning procedures in place and this is not feedback that we have heard before. Nevertheless, our Executive Housekeeper is investigating thoroughly. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you this way.

Kind regards
James Ferguson

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Marriott on Queen Street for four nights on a recent trip to Brisbane. The Hotel was in a fantastic location, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. After arriving on an early morning flight from the United States, I was surprised when we arrived that the Hotel checked us right in. I had requested early check-in, but based on past experience, I was not expecting it to be available. The Concierge handled all our luggage and delivered it to our room quickly. What really stood out at the Marriott was the level of service by the staff. The Concierge staff in particular was extremely helpful with directions and arranging any tours we might want to take. Whenever we wanted to use a bus, or ferry, the staff would put our details into their computer, and find us the best travel option. The Marriott is also in an extremely good location. It is near the Eagle Street Ferry, and there are numerous good restaurants in walking distance. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Brisbane.

1  Thank J. W
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in the executive level and it was amazing... The room was so nice and we loved the pool :) it is downtown and only 7min walk away from the main shopping street... The executive lounge is amazing and has a wonderful view... If you aren't an executive try to get a room up high :) our level was 25 :) really really enjoyed it!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel meets the standards you would expect from Marriotts. Rooms and facilities are of a very good standard. Restaurant in the evening could have a more imaginative menu but overall no complaints.

2  Thank Caplink