“A good choice for Brisbane”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #25 of 158 Hotels in Brisbane
Gainesville, Florida
“A good choice for Brisbane”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Good location, close to shopping area and biking/hiking trails. We stayed 3 nights and had a quiet room with a comfortable bed. Slightly older hotel but immaculate and kept in very good condition. Marriott loyalty club members, if at least silver, receive a 15% discount on meals served in the bar/rstaurant. We ate here for dinner one evening and had a delicious high tea the following day. Pricey but worth it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warragul
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay at Marriott Brisbane and we were amazed! The staff were all friendly and extremely helpful. There was no problem too big or small for them to deal with. The service was efficient and reliable each time. We will definitely be staying again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank WarragulLad
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for our first night out after having bub. Fantastic location on the river precinct with easy walking distance to bars and restaurants. Also ferry near by if you want to go to south bank. One thing you need to know is carparking is extra! $50 extra!!! They only do valet parking. Suggest checking your deal to see if it's included or not. Breakfast Buffett is very busy. There was a line up at around 9am to get in. Some staff were saying 30min wait for table. Yet we were next in line and our usher seated us straight away. The hotel is competing at high end and around 10yrs ago it was one of the premium hotels. Today it's still above avg but in my opinion is starting to get very pricey for the service you receive. I would rate as a 4star hotel. King bed was comfortable but pillows terrible. Also fire alarm went off at 7am so (as a new mum) I didn't get my very valuable sleep in. It was bad luck for me I guess.

• Stayed May 2014
London
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a proper hotel,well situated with nice scenery. Belongs to my favorites.Our family really enjoyed --not just spent a night.
All services are of good quality and staff excellent.Special thanks for club lounge and limo service.
I would definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had a comfortable stay at the end of July. The internet connection had some issues. The best part was the traditional Marriot bed comfort. But when I tried to pay with USD, they had offered me an insane change rate. I have paid 750 USD for 726 Aussie Dollars. I had to leave early and I didn't have time to quarrel with front office. Please change your money beforehand.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear zulashi – I’m so pleased to note that you enjoyed our super comfortable Marriott bedding. However, I am sorry to hear that you experienced some internet connectivity issues. I do hope that we were able to resolve them for you while you were here. I can also appreciate your dismay at the exchange rate, however, I wish to assure you that we adhere to the current market rates which are provided daily by a third party. Thankyou for your review and I hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming you again when you are next in this part of the world.

Kind regards
James Ferguson
Melbourne
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at most of the big name hotels in Brisbane but never at the Marriott before. I do like it and have no real issue. The only comment would be the mattress I had was just about at the end of its life with a droop and a few small lumps. Otherwise a nice hotel and friendly staff. The location is very good if working in the CBD and not in as busy a spot as the Hilton.

Stayed August 2014
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I recently stayed at this property for 3 nights and, overall, found the hotel to be better than average on several fronts. The location was great, being next to the river. The breakfast was excellent, with a very attentive serving staff and quality food and selection. Probably the biggest negative I found was that several floors smelled a bit moldy. Not sure if that is a Brisbane thing, or just this hotel. Fortunately, my room did not have that same odor. For lunches and dinners, I suggest you head out to the river walk, or towards the Queen Street Mall, for a wide selection of pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AAF62
James F, General Manager at Brisbane Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear AAF62 – I’m delighted that you enjoyed our Hotel overall and found our location to be so accessible to the river walk and the Brisbane shopping and dining scene. We take great pride in providing one of Brisbane’s best buffet breakfasts and it’s great to hear that you were so impressed with our service and selections. On another note, I was of course most concerned to hear that you found there to be a smell of mould on some of our floors. I do wish to assure you and Trip Advisor readers that we have the most stringent, daily cleaning procedures in place and this is not feedback that we have heard before. Nevertheless, our Executive Housekeeper is investigating thoroughly. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you this way.

Kind regards