“Recent Solo trip to Brisbine” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brisbane Marriott Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #27 of 162 Hotels in Brisbane
Winston Salem
“Recent Solo trip to Brisbine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

My daughter is studying this fall at University of Queensland and I made a solo trip to visit with her. The Marriott was one of the best parts of the trip. The hotel is downtown, centrally located, and the service was incredible. The desk was very knowledgeable and helpful as I had to entertain myself several days while my daughter was in class. he hotel also has a wonderful spa which I took advantage of upon arrival.

I used the hotel as a base and the hotel was very accommodating in letting me store luggage until my return from weekend trips also.

I would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: A view of the river is wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a great location, just a short walk to the Queen Street Mall and Casino. There are heaps of restaurants located along the wharf which is also close by. The Executive Lounge was fantastic serving a great mini Buffett breakfast and had lovely views of the river. From 5.30pm the canapés and alcoholic drinks were plentiful. Room was a good size but a little dated. Everything was clean although the bed was a little uncomfortable with a lump in the middle of it. Only negative was the $50 for valet parking. You could park up the street if you could be bothered for $13 per day over the weekend.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Knockrow, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

I would just like to thank all the staff at the Marriott in Brisbane who made our stay so wonderful from check in to check out everything was perfect. I took my daughters for a weekend in the city (as we are country folk) as part of my birthday celebration. One of my daughters happened to mention it was my birthday at the front desk when we checked in and we were upgraded (other daughter said "I thought that only happened in the movies"). Then later that evening after we got back to the hotel after dinner a wonderful surprise of delicious cake was delivered to our door thanks to the gorgeous girl in reception - perfect timing we all lying in the most comfy beds, had our face masks on, doing our nails, watching a girlie movie eating cake ... couldn't have planned it better. Thanks again to wonderful staff for a great weekend :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Yes the Marriot was opened in the late 80's and has the styling to prove it, lots of marble, coffin ceilings, is very well looked after and I found the staff to the the best that I have found in Brisbane, once again the higher up the better the view, The surprise was the restaurant, it was very good, with a good menu and well priced. Certainly a nice surprise. Even though it is 20 years old it is well worth staying at.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can
      Sleep Quality
Albany, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is my third stay at this hotel. All have been for business. The other two times were for just two nights. This time was for five including Friday and Sat evenings.

I would recommend this hotel to business and non-business travelers. The facilities are impeccably well kept and the staff is very helpful. for those who have Concierge Level access the food and beverages are typically Marriott international good quality and quantity.

Note that the hotel is not in the heart of the business/shopping district but just on the fringe. Keep in mind Brisbane is relatively small so that means that withing 5 - 10 min you are there. I walked yesterday from the hotel down Queen Street to a meeting on George St in less than 15 min and went thru the Queen St Mall area.

On the other hand, the Marriott sits right along the riverfront/Eagle Street Pier so the restaurants and bars - like Jellyfish, Pony, Sake....are all right there as are pubs like Mr & Mrs G Riverbar and Pig 'N Whistle - so there is dining near by just not a lot of shops right out the door. For me this makes for a bit of an escape - albeit not far.

The food in the hotel is good but even though I am a "Marriott person" I prefer to explore.

The rooms I have had have all been comfortable and very quiet. The temperature is also controllable! Not always the case these days.

Sleep Quality
Pune, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have visited the hotel a few times. Im on a business trip for a while , until october in australia. Was fortunate enough to get a room . It was sad that yet again on asking reception staff to meet mr fergusson I was told hes not there . Anyway a little more details of my experience.

Arrival - No bell boy there . Took my three bags myself . ALTHOUGH i noticed some people who looked like bellboys loitering in the garage area. the door was open ! Then coming up at reception, Mr alastar and Mr Angad were there. Both were good. Mr Angad and alastar were polite and I got my room at 11 am . Thats good. SEeing my distress Mr Angad offered to assist with my luggage. We then went to the room, and all facilities were properly explained by Angad. Good improvement after ridiculous start.

Food experience was good . That late evening I had come to reception to tell about no bell boy being there. A lady was there - name started with S - who was affixed on her computer oblivious of a guest waiting. Finally when she bothered to look up , she said the g m is not there. Ok, but atleast she could listen properly and solve my problem or give a solution. neither was done. That surely set a bad impression .
At check out all was fine , process done quickly .

Overall observations :

Arrival - Terrifyingly poor .
Check In : Angad - good customer service , well mannered and compassionate. Alastar was good with giving me a room fast.
Experience with poor listening by staff - horrible .
Alaistar - 4.5 star service.
Angad - 5 star service.

I do have a few questions .
Why did that girl not put a note for me to meet mr fergusson.
Why was there no bell boy.

I would not recommend this hotel because its another experience thats gone bad. There was hope but indeed im disappointed. Pls take corrective action against the lady concerned and encourage good staff members . one does expect high quality service - which i received only one time - if premium rates are paid !!!

Thanks ...

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank a12b
Biggera Waters, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Lovely rooms, upgraded to club, not as big as other club rooms in other hotels we have stayed in. Club lounge access easy but unfortunately no seats or food for predinner drinks. Waited 45 minutes and just got a few pieces of cheese no biscuits..too many guest upgraded with insufficient food and staff organised to cover. all redeemed when FOH counter staff waived car parking fee the next morning so no coplaints in the end as we werent there for the food but to go out in Brisbane. As I couldnt eat bread, they kindly let us have buffet breakfast rather than continental executive club breakfast and that was great. A goo selection on offer

Room Tip: views to story bridge from bed are the best...when lying in bed we looked out to another hotel. Cou...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple