“Perfection”

Brisbane Marriott Hotel
Ranked #26 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We stayed here for Christmas and as it was the festive season everything was a little pricey... We didn't realize that Lunch was a main event & extremely overpriced in comparison to other days of the year. They were fully booked but the receptionist on Check in Christmas eve said she could get us a table if we needed. We decided againest it & went for the Aussie BBQ instead....
We did however have room service breakfast which was well worth the price with Complimentary Egg Nogg & CHristmas Crackers. Our Breakfast trolley was collected a little too quickly but the Hotel Staff were fantastic & I can not fault the Hotel Facilities, Location or Decor.
We really did have a luxuary Christmas Treate....
A special note for the Guys that do Vault Parking... They really are Brilliant & Can drive ANYTHING!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alim27

Reviewed 18 June 2009

I would say the hotel room was larger then normal one and much more spacious. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and for once I thought I am amongst the friends. The main street in downtown is 10 minutes walk and backside is the beautiful lake side walk. The bathroom and the toilet kit is supplied by Aromatherapy which is by far the best quality toilettries I have ever got in the luxury hotels. Rooms service and food is a negative factor in the hotel and for the vegetarians like me you are in trouble. Even the breakfast was very ordinary. The bed & linen used were top class. Excellent indoor pool, Spa and health club facilities. Comfortable property for a business tour!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Suniel14
Reviewed 13 June 2009

We spent the first leg of our three week Australia trip at the Marriott and it was the perfect place to do it. The staff-- especially the concierge service-- were all friendly and attentive. We were able to check in quite early, but placed in a room that was right next to the elevator. We asked to move to a quieter spot and it was taken care of immediately, without hesitation. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds and great bath amenities. It was heaven to be able to sleep in the plush beds and take a bath in the deep tub after a long travel day. The only oddity we encountered on our stay was that on Sundays, apparently housekeeping takes a long time to attend to stayover rooms. However, once we called the front desk to enquire why our room was not serviced, it was attended to quickly. Great location for the tourist at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bonjonsc
Reviewed 5 June 2009

This place is wonderful, I think I could get used to this as the hotel is amazing and really a great stay. My wife and I had a few days for a getaway and we loved it. The condition of the room, the treatment by the staff and the wonderful time we had was just great!

Great place for a romantic stay. Order the champagne and lock the door and only allow roomservice to come in for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karta_Mita
Reviewed 29 May 2009

The Brisbane Marriot is a very well located business hotel, right on the riverside, adjacent to the busy promenade with many bars and restaurants. The staff are friendly and efficient, the parking is well-run, the breakfast buffet is very good and the rooms are comfortable. The spa is also great. Go for the 'two day package' deal. You get a cheaper rate that includes breakfast and valet parking. It saves you a packet!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex_Hunt
Reviewed 23 May 2009

I booked the Marriott after reading the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and the fact it offered a package that included valet parking (we had a hire car and it seems parking is a bit of a luxury in the Brisbane CBD!) The hotel was lovely, our room was beautiful and the bed was huge and very comfy! We had some noise from a couple of the rooms next to us which was annoying (kids screaming and banging doors most of the afternoon and then first thing in the morning) The location was really good. Close to the river.... (don't bother with the Groove Train restaurant...The pasta sauce may as well have been dishwater!) walking distance to Queen St Mall and footsteps away from Ecco Bistro which was amazing!! The hotel gym was amongst the best I have seen in a hotel (Yes...a little punishment was required for my amazing meal at Ecco!!)

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jloPerth
Reviewed 17 May 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days on a recent business trip. The hotel is quite attractive. It is decorated in a traditional style with lots or marble and timber trimming/pannelling. It has a nice warm, welcoming feel to it. I found the service excellent and very professional. Perhaps the restaurant wait staff could be a little casual in their manner, but all requests were handled promptly and willingly. Reception staff were very professional. I ordered dinner by room service on one occasion and it was delivered within 20 minutes.
The room was spacious and comfortable and yes the beds are a standout. They have a special cushioning layer on top of the mattress which provides a supportive but floating on air feeling. The room was probably the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in and cleanliness is my highest priority in choosing a room. The main body of the hotel is a high rise so that the windows don't open and you rely on airconditioning for aircirculation. The hotel has a no smoking policy so there isn't that dingy smell you often find in hotel rooms.
I used the internet while I was there. Unfortunately they charge a fee depending on the length of use: $9.95 per hour, $19.95 per day and (I think) $99.95 for a week. However, all extra charges are dependent on what is included in your rate. The internet was a little slow, but I had no difficulty getting on to it. I noticed when I arrived at the hotel that I had been there once before for a conference (which I remember was smooth and comfortable). It appeared that there were other conferences there at the time and it is popular for this purpose.
The location is quite good once you get the hang of the layout of the streets in Brisbane centre. If you walk down Queen Street, it probably takes you about 4 blocks or so to reach the main shopping area. A short walk will also take you to the riverside promenade where there are a lot of reasonable restaurants. Being a few blocks away from the busiest areas meant that the hotel was quiet and restful.
My biggest disappointment was the food served in the restaurant. My rate included a buffet breakfast. The selection was certainly wide and nicely presented. They produced quite nice stewed fruits with whole cinnamon and cloves for example and made parfaits of fruit and yoghurt. They also had a few cereals, a very small variety of pastries that had been dried to a crisp under heating lamps, inedible pancakes, a selection of sliced cheese and cold meats; and the usual english breakfast items such as bacon, sausages, fried eggs, hash browns, which I didn't eat because they looked unappetising. The second day I ordered an omelette which came dry and overcooked. Espresso coffee could be ordered with the breakfast but it always came luke warm.
I ate all my meals there and was very disappointed with the standard of the food compared to the cost - it was not at all 5 star quality (more like 2). I would recommend a rate that didn't include breakfast and eating at the riverside promenade or one of the cafes along Queen Street. Such a shame since this effected my feelings about the hotel. As I filled in the questionnaire for this review I realized that most aspects of the hotel itself were excellent.

In summary I liked the comfort and presentation of the room the most but disliked the poor quality of the restaurant food.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business