“Budget motel with a hotel price”

Hacienda Airport Motel
Ranked #146 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Budget motel with a hotel price”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The location was good for my visit as I did not need to be in the CBD. Easy walk to local conveniences although the motel has a nice little restaurant on site. Office staff were very helpful, free parking and internet. Rooms was tidy and open.

Couldn't get the TV to pick up regular stations, only pay tv. Tiny room that had the toilet and shower together but otherwise it was livable and served its purpose.

I tend to stay in motels when travelling rather than hotels as they are more friendly, cheaper for one night stays plus they remind me of my holidays as a kid (love the little window to get your breakfast through). Plus they offer what a lot of expensive hotels don't, free wifi.

Wifi aside, I probably could have found a motel along the strip for under the $150 price tag that was better appointed with a nicer bathroom and more 'modern' decor. Being able to have a relaxing shower at the end of a day can make or break a stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Neil N
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and thank you for sharing your comments. It is lovely to hear you were happy here and enjoyed our services and facilities. It is very helpful to hear all your comments about our property and we hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon. Kind regards, Michael Frost

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is a low-star, bit of a budget hotel compared to the many I have reviewed. I have actually returned here twice! I think it is friendly and personal and very well positioned in Brisbane city.

Read my other reviews and hear me complaining about parking in Brisbane.... not here! This is the best option I have found for a well-priced hotel in the airport and city vicinity that does not rip you off for parking your car.

You just park right at the front of reception and it is free. I also believe they offer free parking up to 4 weeks for hotel guests who use the airport to fly out, then return. It is so easy to access the Inner City Bypass or the Valley as well.

It is a basic room with simple facilities, a flat screen TV, Air Con, plenty of towels, coffee making facilities and has a couple of spare single beds if you are traveling with your children.

It can be a little bit noisy if you get a room at the front close to the road. There seems to be a bump in the road that truck trailers BANG over as they brake to slow down for the traffic lights.

It has a handy in-house restaurant reminiscent of one you would find in a small desert town, or even ‘Faulty Towers’, right down to a waiter who is quite a character named Monty who really suits the place.

For a 5-start fusspot like me, I can say I quiet like it here! If this review has been helpful in any way please click my Helpful button so I know that my review is being enjoyed and is useful, as I only take the time to do it to help other travelers, so this is the only way I can know if I really have.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank SmithersinAU
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Hello and thank you for your comprehensive review - much appreciated and very helpful. Thank you for staying with us and I am pleased we are able to provide suitable accommodation and services for you. We continue to aim to please all our guests and it is always a priority. Yes, we offer up to 4 weeks car storage at non-discounted prices for single/double/family accommodation - so if you stay 1 night, you can store your car here while you fly off or go on a cruise free of charge. I hope we are able to accommodate you again soon. Happy Travelling! Kind regards, Michael Frost
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 August 2013

An unusual motel very close to the Brisbane Airport with everything you really need except that it is very tired. We chose this motel as we have stayed in many Best Western properties over the years and the location is excellent. The reception staff and restaurant breakfast staff were so good and they just get top marks for customer service and the room was clean but the place needs a real lift and the rooms are extremely dated. With everything that is being done right here the owners need to invest in this property and it would be a real gold mine. We got woken at just after 5.30am with the noise of shrieking plumbing from someone in the building having a shower so this needs to be looked in to and it was only the start of those noises until we left for breakfast at 7.30am. We enjoyed our complimentary Continental breakfast and the wifi was fast but did cost us $12.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PennyPie
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Hello and thank you for staying with us recently. Thank You for sharing your comments and I am pleased our service and facilities were comfortable for you during your stay. We are in the process of updating our rooms and recognize this as an area of need. Our team is dedicated to ensuring you, as all of our guests, enjoy your stay with us and it is pleasing to hear their compliments from you. Thank you again and we hope we can accommodate you again in the future. kind regards, Michael Frost
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The room was ok, the bed was a bit old and so the springs could be felt through the matress - not very comfy. The cleanliness was good. The location is excellent if you have an early flight because it's 10min from the airport. They also provide a dinner which was quite enjoyable. The menu was good and so was the service. The rooms all have little balconies which is nice. They do not have a lift so if you have heavy bags request a room on the ground or first floor. They have lots of parking space an an entry from the back instead of the main road which is nice.

Room Tip: Go for a first floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Hello and Thank You for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Great to hear you were able to enjoy our restaurant as well. It is so important to receive your review so as to constantly check and improve our property facilities and amenities for you and all future guests. And thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope we are able to accommodate you again soon. Kind regards, Michael Frost
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

The only positive I can offer about this place is the location and the bus you can book to the airport.
We have since found out they offer car storage which may explain the ridiculous cost.
Room was dark and dingy and stairs at the back of the premises did not feel safe to use.
Staff were okay but when we rang down to get some information it seemed like we were imposing on them.
Give it a miss.

• Stayed March 2013
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Hello and thank you for your choosing to stay with us recently and sharing your comments. Yes, we offer free car storage for up to 4 weeks if you stay 1 night with us and we have rooms for singles, doubles, and family sizes to accommodate all configurations. We find alot of our customers use this facility when they holiday on a cruise or fly. Our newest room type offer is for Day Room use (from 9:30am to 5pm) for our customers who look to freshen up between flights. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist you with either of these room types in the future and we would be happy to accommodate you. We can always show you our rooms to ensure you receive one of your choice. Kind regards, Michael Frost
Baldivis, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I booked and prepaid a day room at this hotel and received confirmation which stated that the room I had booked was available from 9.30am till 5 pm which worked well for us as we were arriving at 8.30 am and our flight to Perth wasn't till 8 pm It gave us somewhere to spend the day and freshen up before the long flight home. We were very disappointed in the reception we received on arrival apparently it was a busy weekend in Brisbane and they weren't happy that we had taken a day room. Yet when I booked it only 4 weeks previously they happily took the booking. We were then told that we needed to be out of the room at 4pm I said we had been told 5 pm but was told no I wouldn't have been told that. Unfortunately I hadn't printed a copy of the email but have rechecked my facts since getting home. With a great deal of angst we were given keys to a room. When we opened the room it was unmade up and had suitcases in it. Lucky for the people who owned these items we were honest as we could have ransacked their room. Eventually we were given keys to an empty room. We did leave at 4 so had a lot longer wait at the airport than we should have. Not at all happy to be treated this way when we had booked and paid for the use of a room.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank colleenh52
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with us last weekend and I am sorry for all your disruption on the day for your Day Room Booking. Yes, our day rooms are available from 9:30am to 5pm - you were correct in your booking details. I can only apologize for our service to you on the day and I have already re-trained the Reception Manager on the day. Yes, it was a very busy day with early checking in guests for the night's British Rugby event, however, this is no excuse. This is a new service we have commenced recently and clearly our staff training was amiss on this day. We would gladly offer you another day room use for your next stay in Brisbane - at no charge as a gesture of goodwill. Please contact me directly at the property (you can email directly via our website). Many thanks and kind regards, Michael Frost

Travellers are raving about these Brisbane hotels

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Great Location, close to airport and portside wharf. Room service menu wasnt too bad either. Had excellent experience from check-ins. Very friendly receptionist and german guy in there - Thankyou for your hospitality. Decor of this hotel reminds me of the movie KILL BILL. Good room facility just what you need, abundant towels, plenty of bed configurations. adequate bathroom. Smooth checkout. Had room service bill misposted to room but its rectified promptly. Thankyou very much.

• Stayed June 2013
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
Hello and thank you very much for such a wonderful review. It is great to hear of your experience during your stay with us recently as we are always eager to continually improve our services for all our guests as an ongoing mission. It would be a pleasure to accommodate you again if you come back to Brisbane in the future and provide us this opportunity. All the best, kind regards, Michael Frost