Hacienda Airport Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Airport Motel(Brisbane)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We paid around A$160 for a room that on the whole looked ok when we first went in. However, the shower tray floor had a very large area of what looked like black grime all over it - about 80% of it.
My husband got the heel of his shoe and scraped over it and it came off!!!! Uuuuuugh - just absolutely gross. It had clearly not been cleaned properly - EVER!
Just made me wonder what else hadn't been cleaned in there after that. The surround on one of the power sockets was also cracked which not only looked dangerous but just added to the whole calibre of the place. It needs an upgrade - desperately. I did talk to the receptionist who said she would speak to the cleaners. Too late I felt and suggested she speak to management. I have heard nothing since in the last 3 weeks so have taken to this website to rate this place. Its a dump.

Room Tip: Someone else since had booked there through wotif.com. Felt the same and tried to get their money back. That didn't happen so they stayed somewhere along the road further - I suggest you do the same!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally M
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry I was unable to meet you and personally address your concerns immediately. Your satisfaction with your accommodation, as our guest, is the most important aspect of our business and my team and I make it our mission to ensure this is achieved at all times. Please drop in to visit us again if you are in Brisbane in the future and I would be happy to show you our variety of rooms available should you choose to stay with us again. Kind regards, Michael Frost

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. For the price paid I was expecting it to be a high end four star hotel. Instead I took a step back into the 1970's. It was very noisy due to timber doors with gaps and being right next to a major road. Restaurant food is very basic. It's only saving grace was that it was clean. For what you get it should be priced around $90 not $190 p/night.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nateeg
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with us recently on your business trip. And Thank You for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor as all reviews are welcome. I feel perhaps you booked the wrong accommodation if you were looking to stay 4 star plus as we have always been a AAA3.5 star rated property - friendly, comfortable, clean and lots of facilities. Our direct website along with other booking sites list a variety of room types with flexible rates, discounted last minute rates, plus packages to suit all guests and their budgets. I do hope this helps and we would be very happy to accommodate you again soon. Many thanks and kind regards, Michael Frost.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

The location was good for my visit as I did not need to be in the CBD. Easy walk to local conveniences although the motel has a nice little restaurant on site. Office staff were very helpful, free parking and internet. Rooms was tidy and open.

Couldn't get the TV to pick up regular stations, only pay tv. Tiny room that had the toilet and shower together but otherwise it was livable and served its purpose.

I tend to stay in motels when travelling rather than hotels as they are more friendly, cheaper for one night stays plus they remind me of my holidays as a kid (love the little window to get your breakfast through). Plus they offer what a lot of expensive hotels don't, free wifi.

Wifi aside, I probably could have found a motel along the strip for under the $150 price tag that was better appointed with a nicer bathroom and more 'modern' decor. Being able to have a relaxing shower at the end of a day can make or break a stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil N
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and thank you for sharing your comments. It is lovely to hear you were happy here and enjoyed our services and facilities. It is very helpful to hear all your comments about our property and we hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon. Kind regards, Michael Frost

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is a low-star, bit of a budget hotel compared to the many I have reviewed. I have actually returned here twice! I think it is friendly and personal and very well positioned in Brisbane city.

Read my other reviews and hear me complaining about parking in Brisbane.... not here! This is the best option I have found for a well-priced hotel in the airport and city vicinity that does not rip you off for parking your car.

You just park right at the front of reception and it is free. I also believe they offer free parking up to 4 weeks for hotel guests who use the airport to fly out, then return. It is so easy to access the Inner City Bypass or the Valley as well.

It is a basic room with simple facilities, a flat screen TV, Air Con, plenty of towels, coffee making facilities and has a couple of spare single beds if you are traveling with your children.

It can be a little bit noisy if you get a room at the front close to the road. There seems to be a bump in the road that truck trailers BANG over as they brake to slow down for the traffic lights.

It has a handy in-house restaurant reminiscent of one you would find in a small desert town, or even ‘Faulty Towers’, right down to a waiter who is quite a character named Monty who really suits the place.

For a 5-start fusspot like me, I can say I quiet like it here! If this review has been helpful in any way please click my Helpful button so I know that my review is being enjoyed and is useful, as I only take the time to do it to help other travelers, so this is the only way I can know if I really have.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank SmithersinAU
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Hello and thank you for your comprehensive review - much appreciated and very helpful. Thank you for staying with us and I am pleased we are able to provide suitable accommodation and services for you. We continue to aim to please all our guests and it is always a priority. Yes, we offer up to 4 weeks car storage at non-discounted prices for single/double/family accommodation - so if you stay 1 night, you can store your car here while you fly off or go on a cruise free of charge. I hope we are able to accommodate you again soon. Happy Travelling! Kind regards, Michael Frost

Reviewed 1 August 2013

An unusual motel very close to the Brisbane Airport with everything you really need except that it is very tired. We chose this motel as we have stayed in many Best Western properties over the years and the location is excellent. The reception staff and restaurant breakfast staff were so good and they just get top marks for customer service and the room was clean but the place needs a real lift and the rooms are extremely dated. With everything that is being done right here the owners need to invest in this property and it would be a real gold mine. We got woken at just after 5.30am with the noise of shrieking plumbing from someone in the building having a shower so this needs to be looked in to and it was only the start of those noises until we left for breakfast at 7.30am. We enjoyed our complimentary Continental breakfast and the wifi was fast but did cost us $12.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PennyPie
airporthaciendamotel, General Manager at Hacienda Airport Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Hello and thank you for staying with us recently. Thank You for sharing your comments and I am pleased our service and facilities were comfortable for you during your stay. We are in the process of updating our rooms and recognize this as an area of need. Our team is dedicated to ensuring you, as all of our guests, enjoy your stay with us and it is pleasing to hear their compliments from you. Thank you again and we hope we can accommodate you again in the future. kind regards, Michael Frost