“Lovely building, great location”

Treasury Hotel & Casino
Ranked #50 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Very different to usual hotels as the rooms remain in character to the age of the building with very high ceilings, large corridors and big open spaces. The room was spacious (a standard room was booked), with a decent sized bathroom with a separate shower cubicle.
Great location to wander down Queen Street, near the bus stop for the free city loop bus, the habourside and the south bank. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011

Reviewed 1 March 2011

We have stayed between 08-10-10 to 10-10-10 with Deluxe King Room.

The hotel is classic and not old, the staff was friendly and professional.

The room size is decent, bathroom is clean and big.

The best part is their king size bed. Love the bed we had, this is the best bed we had after the bed at corner King room at Sofitel Melbourne.

will definitely pay another visit soon!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank c0c0mi
Reviewed 27 February 2011

This is supposedly the top hotel in Brisbane - give or take. Recognise that it is a heritage hotel - so the darkeness is to be expected - I guess. I ventured out straight after check in - looking forward to a later glass of wine on the balcony. Alas ! no exit from either of the two french doors permitted. OK, settled down inside to do some work at the desk (dark) - but not enough plugs for my laptop - I had to experiment with which cord to take out so that I could plug in . Worked it out eventually.

Next dinner - no wine by the glass. Room service gave me the choice of a full bottle, limited set of half bottles and then suggested that I walk to the hotel up the road!!

Dinner - Thai salad - limp, salty, thick beef steak, cold.

TV remote - not working. Very basic remote. Service excellent on both occasions that I requested help. However, button names long erased, and needed to call Service (again!) to turn off television for me.

5 star? Not even close

JC

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Stayed 1 night. Arrived in Brisbane around 11.00am after an overnight flight. We stored our luggage at the hotel and we were able to check in an hour early at 1.00pm. Very friendly staff. Room was lovely and quite spacious. Quiet and comfortable. The building is joined to Treasury Casino by an underground walkway, which is handy. Very good location for shopping in city centre or cafes at Southbank. Probably good value given that it costs only a little more than other lower-rated hotels.

Reviewed 16 January 2011

We stayed in the Treasury for four nights in December 2010 to go to the England v Australia Cricket. I didn't want to go to the Cricket every day so I wanted to stay somewhere close to other attractions that I could get to my own.

We were really pleased we chose this hotel when we arrived as the location is superb. Right in the heart of the shopping area and a short walk over the bridge to the Art Gallery and Museum, it is also not far to walk to the Botanical Gardens. The hotel has character, and is well air conditioned and beautifully clean, the rooms are comfortable and spacious. The staff were helpful and friendly especially the house keeping ladies who were delightful.

Unfortunately after 3 relaxing days and nights at the Treasury come Saturday night we had one big complaint! The inner rooms are arranged around a central inner courtyard and on Saturday nights they erect a marquee in this space and hold wedding parties etc. The rooms open directly to this space and so when the disco started in the evening the noise was horrendous, it was seriously loud even through two closed doors, we were not able to go to sleep until it ended at midnight ish.

We could not believe that the management of a sophisticated hotel thought this was an acceptable noise level to inflict on their guests especially without warning, we thought that they must have so many complaints. To be fair they dealt with our complaint very well and did give us some refund towards our last nights stay, however I would have been happier with an early night especially as we had a busy day travelling planned for the following day.

I would definately recommend the hotel but if you are staying over a weekend just check whether they have an event organised for the Saturday night, you might want to re-think!

1  Thank Sarsy47
Reviewed 1 January 2011

The Treasury Hotel is located in a beautiful historic building that has been restored and converted into a hotel retaining some beautiful features. I don't really have any criticism of this hotel as it ticked all of the boxes, room was lovely, service was good, central location etc but did feel it lacked the ambiance taht a luxury hotel like this should have.

Reviewed 17 December 2010

It was a lovely experience staying here. From the second we arrived the staff were brilliant. We pulled up out the front and weren't sure whether we had booked valet or self park. The valet was lovely and said he would valet park us and not charge us if we only ended up having self-parking. When we went inside to check in our credit card didn't work. The concierge let my partner use the free wi-fi in the lounge to check his bank account, whilst I sat in reception. The concierge then handed me a voucher and suggested I go into the bar and have a free drink while I wait! The staff were always helpful, polite, friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The rooms were luxurious and beautifully appointed, if a little small. The mattress was the best I have ever slept on, I intend to buy one! It would have been nice if the doors to they balcony were able to be opened, but they were blocked off by glass. If you really want a treat and to be spoiled, go here, I have never been treated so well in my life at a hotel!