ibis Brisbane
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Abbey On Roma(Brisbane)
1,674 results
All reviewsturbot stsouth banktwo queen bedsqueen street mallthe riverbuffet breakfastshort walkcentral locationroma street stationroom was largecouple of nightspleasant stayreception staffearly checkshort stayan easy walkgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Central and really close to the footbridge/cycle path over the river which meant I could have a pleasant half hour walk along the river to work every day. Massive room on 15th floor looking over sister Mercure hotel and the river. Liked that you could use the restaurant in the Mercure and be billed to your room. I did this as the Ibis restaurant was great for breakie but couldn't compare to the views of the Mercure. Internet $12.50 for two hours but a good speed. Happy discovery in park nearby the oldest structure in Queensland. I would stay in ibis Brisbane again

Room Tip: The higher the better at the back.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wasamut
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights recently. Rooms were a good size and very clean, comfortable bed and as many pillows as you need. Super large bathroom also exceptionally clean. Staff were extremely friendly and efficient, especially the Scottish bar man. Hotel is situated close to transport, King George Square and Queen street mall. My room also had a nice view of the river. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nenejellybeney
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've only stayed at an Ibis once before and it was okay, but nothing fancy and the room so small you could barely swing the proverbial cat, but this was a much better experience. It's in a great location, close to the river and within walking distance of the mall and a major train station.

The staff were super, super friendly and welcoming. My room was nice and big, tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The bed was super comfy and there were a couple of nice little snacks in the bar fridge that were reasonably priced. You can also walk right around the corner and grab a drink from the local BWS if you prefer.

They don't do room service but you can ring downstairs to the restaurant and order food and they'll call you when it's ready and you can pick it up. I had one of their steaks with mash and fresh veggies and I've got to say, it was divine, so divine I had it both nights I was there. It was perfectly cooked to my order and the mash was creamy and smooth and the veggies still had a little crisp. I was very happy with the food and it was reasonably priced too.

Brekky is great, but I have to say, my only complaint is the coffee. It's nothing short of God awful, to the point where I drank tea instead, and I rarely drink tea. I attended a two-day conference while there, the conference being on site, and again the food was excellent, the venue great, but everyone in the course agreed that the coffee was just positively awful, to the point where a number of us went round the corner to buy a decent coffee in the morning tea break.

So all in all, I had a great stay and would happily stay again, but I really think they should do something about the cruddy coffee. If you're not a coffee drinker, then you'll probably have nothing to complain about at all ;)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Geoffreyallan
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed one night last week when in town for a conference. Check In and Check out was easy and the room was a good size with 2 Queen sized beds. Both the bed and pillows were very comfortable.There was no hotel information in the room so if I wanted to know anything I had to ring reception. Basic questions such as Where is the restaurant?, How do you connect to the internet? and Is there room service? could all have been answered with a simple information folder in the room. My second niggle was Internet availability. I tried unsuccessfully more than 2 hours to connect. There were many calls to reception and the concierge from the Mercure next door even came to the room to try and help me connect but we had no success. In this day and age a straight forward, reliable WiFi should be available when staying in a hotel. Staff were very helpful but technology let them down. I left my mobile phone in a taxi the following day and Tanya went out of her way to make sure it was returned. So 5 stars for the staff but only 3 for the facilities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This has to be one of the better Ibis hotels we have stayed in the rooms were large with excellent facilities and a good view over the river. The staff were very helpful with any request we made and advised us on all of the sights in Brisbane. Would definitely return here. Unless you need to do not pay for wifi access at the hotel as Brisbane has free wifi access across the city and is available as soon as you leave the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple