“Location Location”

Ranked #51 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Melbourne, Australia
“Location Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I always stay here on my annual visit to Brisbane. Very clean modern hotel within easy walk over the river to the attractions at Southbank, and even closer to the city mall. Staff always welcoming and friendly. My only reservation is having to pay for wifi.

Room Tip: I like the river view rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We flew in from Malaysia with our 3 year old, arrived into Australia around 11pm and took a hire car to the hotel. Arrived exhausted, parked out front and not one person came to help with our luggage. We loaded it onto the trolley ourselves and rolled it to the front desk....not one person looked up to greet us (3 people at reception). Our room view was over what looked like the roof of another building (we were told river view). The corridor to our room was so narrow we could hardly push the luggage trolley down. VERY disappointed! Would NOT stay here again or recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JManderfeld
D'orne F, Manager at Mercure Brisbane, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor quality of service you experienced whilst at the hotel. This is certainly not the experience we would like our guests to have and I thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I can assure you that your feedback has been shared with our front-line team members and our service standards and expectations have been communicated to all.

If you would like to further discuss the details of your previous stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We hope the experience will not alter your confidence in the Mercure Brisbane, and that you will provide us with the opportunity to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Monika Kolakowski
Assistant Night Manager
Ph: +61 7 3237 2300
Email: H1750-NA@accor.com
Gold Coast Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This place has been full refurbished and the rooms are most comfortable. Bathroom was very small which was ok for one person, but for a couple, you would have to take it in turns. The bench in the bathroom is the lowest I have ever seen. Room was a good size and had beautiful views over the river, showing the Arts Centre, QPAC and the giant ferris wheel. Very pretty at night. Despite being on North Quay which is a really busy road, there was no traffic noise. Very comfortable bed.
Restaurant was closed when I needed dinner at 2130 but there was a reasonable range of light meals available from the bar at a reasonable price. I had a wagyu burger which was hot and tasty, with the largest plate of fries I have seen.
Carpet in the hallways was new, but very dark pattern which make the place look a bit dingy, but the decor in the rooms was quite nice.
The function rooms were adequate and the food at intervals was good.
Carpark is a bit of a disaster. It is a funny shape and very congested, but reasonable rates.
Overall, pleasant and comfortable and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that overlooks the river if possible, the views are spectacular
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Peregian Beach, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Onsite car parking, yes, but spoiled by no lift access to the hotel - you must walk the vehicle ramp. She was not happy. Attractive foyer & professional welcoming staff. Up to the room, open the door and enter a design catastrophe - send the police! Black carpet with large splotch patch of yellow then more black and another splotch patch of colour. You want to unpack your gear but there are no drawers - well, there is one for the mini-bar. At least there is a normal hanging cupboard. No storage drawers in the bathroom either. Great view of the river which is even better by night. Very comfortable bed and very large flat screen TV.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Lovely hotel, very modern and nice, and quite flashy (even the bathrooms were very nice) Proper large shower (not over a bath). Delicious breakfast. Great location, easy walking distance to queen st and southbank. Very comfy bed. Room was a bit small, was lead to believe by pictures at time of booking that it was a 1 bedroom apartment, but turned out to be just a hotel room, and not an overly spacious one, but thats the only gripe. Great view of river and south bank (we were 12th floor). Got it at a good sale price $450 for 3 nights (can be expensive if you pay normal price).

Room Tip: We booked a 'privilege queen'. the room itself is not any different to a standard, you just...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caitlin P
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed in the Mercure for 2 nights. There was a bellboy at the door that didn't even move when I came in. The reception desk only had 2 people working and there was a quite large number of guests trying to check in so the wait was a bit long. Having to pay around $30 per night to use the parking facilities is outrageous, especially after paying a fairly elevated price for the room. The concierge desk was empty for over 20 minutes as I wanted them to book a taxi. They never came and I ended up booking one myself. The mini bar was not re-stacked when they cleaned the room either. I must admit, the room was quite modern and the river view was nice, but I expected a better service for the price I paid. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kekito5
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

While I note your more positive feedback regarding the room décor and river views, I am disappointed to learn that several aspects of your experience at the Mercure Brisbane were less than satisfactory. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced in relation to our service.

At the Mercure Brisbane we strive to ensure our guests’ experience is memorable for all the right reasons. I wish to assure you that I have reviewed the role of our concierge team with our Front Office Manager and our expectations have been communicated with the team. In addition to this, the Food and Beverage manager has reviewed the mini-bar procedures with the staff, to ensure that each room is being checked and restocked accordingly.

Once again, thank you again for the constructive feedback you have provided. I do hope you may reconsider staying with us again at the Mercure Brisbane. Should you choose to return to the hotel, please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee your reservation.

Kind regards,