“Business trip - short stay”
Review of Mercure Brisbane

Mercure Brisbane
Ranked #58 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I stayed here overnight this week for a business trip, chosen for its close proximity to the city. The location proved to be convenient and easy to get to. My Deluxe room with 1 x queen sized bed was comfortable and clean. The basin in the bathroom could have done with a wpe down but other than that the bathroom was clean, shower bigger than average. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,764)

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great but my experience there was not so great. The check in and out took along time compared to other places I have stayed. I waited for my room to be checked so I could get my room bond back. The man at the counter said everything was fine and was free to leave whenever. Received an email later that day saying I had not collected my room bond (other places I have stayed it was just released back in to my account) still confussed as to why he let me leave if he needed to give me the bond back in person. I have been playing phone and email tag for the past 2 and a half months to get my bond back. I would of liked to of thought of my hoilday as a memorable one but all I can think about is how disappointed I am at my experience. All I want is my room bond back. I have stayed at many of the Accor hotels over the years but after this experience I dont plan on returning.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brooke-linda

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

stayed in room 1013 which has beautiful views, very modern & clean as is the gym. everyone from the check in staff to the cleaners was friendly & helpful. the only issue was with parking, if you're driving be prepared for a very packed & very tight underground carpark. would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We paid extra for a room with a view over the river and it really was a brilliant view over the river on the higher floors. We could also see the conference centre which is the final destination for our business trip, where all our business meetings were based. This hotel is brilliantly located near the quayside in Brisbane. It's close to the shopping area, close to the conference centre, close to the city beach, close to all the major attractions really. We could even cross the bridge and catch a tour boat down the river to the Koala sanctuary which we did on our day off. We paid the extra for the privileged room and got nespresso coffee, spacious room a neat and functional en-suite with all the necessary bathroom accessories. The only thing that was slightly tight was we got one small bottle of free mineral water only the entire time we stayed there, it also said we should have had chocolates on arrival but there wasn't any sign of them. The hotel comes with a free internet option at a reduced speed or you can pay extra for a faster speed. This free internet was kind of irritating at times because you had to keep logging in everytime you wanted to reconnect to the internet and going through many different internet pages before you got online. The breakfast in this hotel was amazing too (service, choice and quality wise), we wished we could have lifted the breakfast room up and had this breakfast in the five other hotels that followed on our business trip. At last a hotel that actually does proper orange juice rather than concentrated stuff that burns your throat. They even drop loads of ice inside to make it very cool. The view of the river for breakfast was very relaxing, a perfect view to get your day started, they chose the location of the breakfast room perfectly. They were also playing some uplifting music to get your day started which was perfect. The only real negative thing about the breakfast was the danishes and pastries, they sometimes seemed a bit hard and they were not as tasty as all the other options on the breakfast buffet. The reception area was spacious and very well presented and the entire hotel was neat, tidy and modern looking. Overall a really good stay with just room for minor improvements that didn't really spoil our stay.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed in the priveledge room and we were not disappointed. Beautiful views over the river, quiet rooms and excellent CBD location. Great service and staff who were prompt and professional with all requests. Look forward to coming back and will refer to friends. Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple