“Excellent”

Mercure Brisbane
Ranked #58 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 9 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I just had a short 1 day stay in this hotel on a Friday night. Check in was prompt and efficient and I liked their open plan reception desk. Very much more personal.

Location is on the corner of Ann and North Quay and on the riverside and only a block away from George Street. The location is good and an easy 5 minute walk to the Queen Street Mall. There are several pubs and dining choices nearby. If arriving by train Roma St Station is also
about a 5 minute walk away.

The lobby was completely refurbished last month and looks great. The rooms also looked like they were refurbished not so long ago so quite modern and "retro". Rooms are not large but a good sized flat screen tv is provided and the bathroom has modern fittings. Toileteries supplied were very
basic. Façade and Corridors still look quite dated.

Room service pizza was promptly served and was good.

My son, his partner and I had buffet breakfast in this hotel and for $32 I thought the prices were very high for the quite limited choices. On nearby George Street you will find better value breakfast options

Hotel has a pool which we didn't use.

Free wifi isnt provided but there are computers located in the lobby which can be used at no cost for 20 minutes at a time.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tommomelbourne
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Needs way more signage and people to help guests. Waiting way too long for someone to help me find where to go for a workshop. No signs saying whivh level you are on so I ended up spending 15 mins traipsing around the place. Finally skmeone was free. He treated me like crap. Very condescending and rude. Wont ever be staying here cause of this. Food was average barely enough to feed everyone in my group and coffee boiler wasnt working in the morning.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Thank angy27986 .
D'orne F, Manager at Mercure Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Meh

I am so sorry about your most recent experience here at the Mercure Hotel. I appologise for the staff that did not treat you as they should have and want to reasure you that we do not condone such service. I also wanted to let you know that we have taken steps to rectify the issue you raised about the location of our funtion rooms and how dificult it can be to navigate your way around the Hotel. We are in the process of having additional signage made up that will point our conference guests in the right direction.

I hope we get a chance to show you how you should be treated as a guest at the Mercure Brisbane in the future.

Kind regards

Laurence Nathan
HOD Mercure Hotel

Reviewed 2 May 2014

First visit. So close to the Mall and all the shopping.
We were on the 12th floor, the room was super clean very impressed.
The room was compact but had everything in it you could want. Airconditioning was good and the KG bar downstairs very nice.
Excellent value for money. I booked direct with the hotel and got as good a deal as I could find anywhere. Checkin was a bit busy but I suppose cant be helped at peak times.
Will definitely use again.

Room Tip: Ask to be well away from the lift areas.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for 1 night while on business. Obviously the hotel has undergone a refurb - which was very tasteful, but parts of the hotel still smelt tired (my room opened onto the ugly fire stairs). I found the room just a tad small, and the lighting not great - it needs to be a little more powerful.

I ordered room service, and thought the food was really great. Original, not just the club sandwich on the menu! When I noticed the glass of wine I'd ordered with my room service was off, they were prompt to change it, and very apologetic. (Better check my bill - I wonder if they thought good customer service would be to waiver that?).
The location is lovely, right on the river, with great access to the beautiful river paths. I could not fault my river view.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Yvette L

It was a pleasure for me to read your review about the Hotel. I was realy happy that you noticed our recent refurb and that we met your expectations regarding the room service food and that you enjoyed the river view.

On another note I wasn't so happy to read about the areas we did not meet your expectations and these are the areas we need to focus on to ensure all our guests are happy.

I appreciate the time you have taken to post a review and hopefully the next time you stay with us we can meet all of your needs.

Kind regards

Laurence Nathan
HOD Mercure Brisbane

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Location was excellent - very handy to both Central and Roma Street stations, Queen Street Mall and South Bank. Pleasant walk to riverside, botanical gardens and Roma St Parklands. Lovely room with very comfortable bedding and modern fit out and tasteful furnishings - fabulous river view! New foyer is fabulous - quality free self service coffee, magazines/papers and I-pads for use. Staff provided good service. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: River side higher floors fabulous view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nelcums
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Hotel is close to the river and close to the Queen St mall. We were lucky to be upgraded to a river view room, from the bed we could see the Brisbane wheel by day, and spectacular by night. We walked one block to the free river ferry for a lovey 90 min return trip by sunset. Our room was roomy, very clean and quiet. Renovations were almost finished but the reception staff made sure they did their best so guests had minimum disruption. The entry is on a one way road but we found it OK with the help of our GPS. Car parking underneath was convenient. Our meal in the Quay restaurant was lovely.

Room Tip: River view rooms have lovely view, higher floors best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple