“hotel services”

Ranked #43 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 April 2011

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Write a ReviewReviews (2,648)

Reviewed 25 April 2011

-We had a family room (2 beds that were double bed width but queen bed length) and found the beds very comfortable, the room bright and modern in design and the staff very friendly. I liked the little touches such as the kids being given a small stuffed toy each when we checked in. The room is very small though and there's no way you could actually stay in it for extended periods with kids without going a bit bonkers. There is a fee for getting staff to empty the minibar which is a bit annoying and the breakfast options are quite expensive compared to cafes nearby and there are few options for people who are gluten free.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Dear Massagemenow,

Great to hear your experience had those extra little touches. I hope that we may welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2011

Clearly renovated recently. Rooms look terrific and modern. Great bathroom and facilities. Pool was a little chilly but good size. Staff were all excellent. Love the ability to "order" a pillow according to personal preference - great touch! Breakfasts were good value - will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2011
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2011

Dear cyaw,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our hotel, in particular, our staff. I do hope to be welcoming you again at the hotel soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Gold Coast
Reviewed 19 April 2011

we had a great time, a wonderful breakfast, the staff were all very helpful and very friendly. Our room was clean and welcoming and the bed very comfortable.
Our only complaint was walking up the really steep hill and drive from the railway station.

Dear Traveller,

Fantastic to hear about hor enjoyable your stay was. Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I hope the next time you visit Brisbane we will be able to welcome you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Dalby 4405
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Good morning Gavin,

I appreciate your call yesterday and your prompt attention to addressing this credit issue.

As discussed yesterday, I appreciated your phone call and the fact that you were very apologetic on behalf of your staff and their failure to meet both your and my expectations of customer service.

As manager of an Agricultural Machinery dealership, I have daily contact with my customer base on a regular basis and understand their expectations can often be somewhat difficult to achieve.

However, i don't believe that my lady's and my expectations were too high.

We had purchased an Accor Advantage Plus card and were advised of all of the benefits that accompanied it, of all of the wonderful accommodation partners that were available including the NOVATEL group.

We choose to use our free night at the NOVATEL Brisbane because Brisbane is only 250kms from home, because we could book a room with a balcony and mainly because we hadn't stayed there for approximately 10 years.

Our room was a Premier Balcony Room on the 14th floor, a room for which we paid an additional $80 for .... a room that supposedly came with free local calls ( for which we were charged, albeit for only 1 call at $1/call), a room that only had 1 x bathrobe in it (that had been worn), a room that had an opened packet of Condoms in it's draw and a room that had a missing wine glass that we had to request to be replaced. (all of which were noted to your staff)

These are all only minor issues, however when you pay good money you expect to get what you pay for ... in my opinion my experience with the room and subsequent charge for such with the NOVATEL Brisbane was very disappointing, the staff were very obliging, the food from the Restaurant was excellent but our experience was soured by the little things as mentioned.

As they say the rest is history .... however Gavin, if you sincerely believe that by giving me a credit for the money that you should have never taken from me in the first place and by apologizing profusely for your staffs ineptitude is ample recompense for having my special night with my lady hassled .. well then you sadly mistaken.

In my business when my cliental advise of any issues with our service provision - I collate the information, weigh up my options and react according to those findings ... that's how I ensure that my business retains its standing.

Sometimes that comes at the expense to this business, however I invariably find

An Accor traveller
gold coast
Reviewed 17 April 2011

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

An Accor traveller