“Good location and facilities”
Review of Novotel Brisbane

Novotel Brisbane
Ranked #43 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Great hotel, well equipped, clean and spacious. It's a bit of a walk into the CBD and a bit dark and concerning if late at night, but it's only really 5 mins.

The staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating, the bar well stocked and restaurant was great.

I had booked for a 2 night stay, when enquiring for a 3rd night the desk staff quoted double what I had paid. To be fair this was the best rate available online as well, but they went out of their way with tips to get a better deal. When the rates didn't change the day I was due to check-out, the assistant manager offered me a very good rate (though still $50 dearer than what I had paid for the first 2 nights) and told me to keep checking online but if it didn't drop during the day, just to let the staff know she had authorised it. She really went out of her way to look after me, although she really shouldn't have had to considering there were 50 odd free rooms that night!!!

Novotel beds still rank amongst the best in my book.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, General Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Good Afternoon Eddie C,

I'm sorry that we couldn't match your price for the third night. You must have snapped up a really great deal for that to happen!

Keep your eyes peeled for the next one because we'd love to have you back in the hotel,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Just come home after spending two nights here in the executive suite. Can genuinely say that my partner and myself enjoyed our stay greatly. The room was great with plenty of amenities and although we did not have a view of the city centre (we were facing opposite direction) we still enjoyed having a drink out on the Balcony with what view we had. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever been in at a hotel.

Was a bit concerned about location as Novotel is located a little bit further outside city centre then some other hotels, however should not have been worried. Was only very short walk to Central Station and Queen Street. The only shortcomings were that our room key failed to work twice, however not that much of an issue to just go downstairs to have it fixed.

We had the breakfast on both days. The selection was great and food very delicious. We chose the in-room dining for dinner the last night to save us going out and ordered a club sandwich and crispy crust pizza. The pizza was nice but the club sandwich was to die for, nicest I've ever had.

The staff at the restaurant and the housekeeper on our floor were extremely pleasant, and were always smiling and eager to help.

I've never written a review before however felt it was necessary to express how much we enjoyed our stay and give compliments where they were due. Would definitely return.

Hi Leah K,

Best Club Sandwich you've ever had?! My goodness. Thank you! And first Trip Advisor Review! I'm honored! Thank you very much for choosing us to be your first!

I'm sorry to read about your room key, unfortunately they are quite sensitive to mobile phones, credit cards and virtually anything that may have a magnetic field.

We hope that you enjoyed your stay enough to stay with us next time!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I just had the pleasure of staying at the Novotel Brisbane for 2 nights with my wife, checking in on 20/01/14.

Being a Le Club Platinum member, I made some requests by e-mail before arriving and on arrival was promptly upgraded to a room on the highest floor (14th floor) with balcony, received 2 welcome drinks, 2 complimentary bottles of water daily and complimentary parking. The male staff (Angus) even escorted us to our room and the Assistant manager (Riki) left a hand written letter in the room which was nice.

The room was well appointed but I did notice that the lights were oddly out of sync. The bed lamp lights did not operate on their own without the main light being on. However, the bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept on. The temperature control unit was easy to use and worked flawlessly and was always able to keep the room at the optimum temperature. We made good use of the Nespresso coffee machine, which included 6 capsules.

Buffet breakfast was great, and we enjoyed the organic offerings. Eggs were cooked to liking when requested and the staff were friendly and efficient.

We used the pool and sauna and they seemed well maintained. There were plenty of towels in the gym but not enough lounge chairs. However, we don't think this would bother too many people as the pool area doesn't seem to get that much sunlight anyway.

Location of the hotel is well positioned - only 10 or so minutes by foot to reach Queen Street Mall.

The complimentary water was not replenished on the second day so had to make a call to request them. Water was brought up with two glasses filled with ice which was nice. Was wrongly charged for the water but was error was promptly rectified when brought to the attention of the front office staff. Was impressed once again with the efficient way of handling such issues.

We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return again. Thanks for making our stay comfortable.

Room Tip: Le Club members should make any requests in advance so as to avoid disappointment.

Hello weliketogotravelling,

Thank you for the review! I'm very happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your requests and that you would chose to stay with us again. Customer loyalty and recognition for customer loyalty are very important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in to the hotel!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here and it is a lovely hotel with modern, nicely decorated and spacious rooms. The bed was nice though pillows were very squishy. My first issue with the hotel is its location which is quite an uphill walk from the city and in an area that lacks shops, eateries etc close by. My second issue was the lack of privacy I felt as on two occasions, staff knocked and entered our room before I had a chance to get up from the bed where I was watching TV, and answer the door. I really think that no one should enter the room I have booked and paid for unless I request or allow them to. Essentially it's a very nice hotel but just too far away from the action.

Stayed: January 2014

Good Afternoon Glenda A,

Yes, unfortunately we are about a three block walk from the centre of town. I too agree with you when staff members are entering rooms un authorized. This concerns me greatly and please rest assured I will be sending a memo out to all staff members regarding this.

Thanks for the review,