“Great Family Stay - Brisbane Novotel”
Review of Novotel Brisbane

Novotel Brisbane
Ranked #37 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at the Novotel with my wife and daughter for one night prior to flying overseas. We arrived early afternoon with check in being quick and easy, with the staff member being both welcoming and motivated to assist with our stay. The room was well presented and spacious as it could have easily accommodated 2 adults and 2 children's if necessary in the 2 x double bed layout with the beds being comfy. Centrally located in the CBD and reasonably priced. Would return and continue to use the Accor / Novotel brand.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nev67
D'orne F, Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Nev67

We appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

It is pleasing to read that you found our rooms to be comfortable & spacious and the Hotel central to the Brisbane CBD.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards
The novotel Brisbane Team

Melissa Longhurst
H1750-sb05@accor.com
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The service was very good and the staff were very friendly .the room was clean and tidy, the whole experience was very relaxing, with no stress. Will come back again and highly recommend to anyone who is looking for accomadation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Kerry G
GM-Novotel-Brisbane, Manager at Novotel Brisbane, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thanks for your review Kerry G. It is great to hear your stay was relaxing with no stress! That is exactly how it should be. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.
Harrington, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a beautiful place to stay, very convenient location, nice rooms serviced daily, staff on check in and out we're very helpful and efficient, also communication was great before check in as I called and emailed a couple of questions and all was answered very professionally and promptly..
My only negative thing I can say is that on check in I was advised (as normal proceedure) that my accommodation costs, parking costs, and a small bond would be held until check out, and upon check out the accommodation and parking would be charged and my bond would be fully refunded immediately.. this wasn't quite correct, yes, the accommodation and parking was promptly removed from my account.. but the bond stayed in limbo, which is ok as I checked out on a Sunday, but as I was advised it would refund with no delay I expected it to land back in my account on the next business day.. Monday comes, and still no refund, $$ is sitting as a balance in limbo in my account but completely frozen, Tuesday comes and money is still frozen (I chose to be patient as most big businesses would advise that transactions can take up to 2 business days to process), my pay from work is processed into my account on the Tuesday also, but mysteriously is frozen alongside the bond money.. I ring my bank on Wednesday morning as my accounts are still frozen, to be told that the novotel has stuffed up their transaction and this has therefore frozen my account.. I rang novotel and spoke with Michel, who was great and very appologetic, I explained that this stuff up has resulted in me not being able to access even my own money outside of the bond, and that this is serious, I was advised the money would be in that arvo.. after 3-4 convos back and forth, I finally snapped and told Michel that the money needed to be in my account today as it truly isn't fair that because the novotel didn't process their charge correctly that I was unable to access any of my own money,and to be told by the bank that this happens all the time?
Yes I was given an appology, the money cleared by about 7pm, but as an Accor staff member I expected to at least be offered some sort of extra discount for the inconvenience of having no access to my own money for 3 days, or maybe something to entice me to stay again to make up for this stuff up.. but instead I got a "I'm very sorry that this is an inconvenience, but there's not a lot I can do"... Bit disappointed as I would have been more than happy to give a 5 star..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

2 Thank MikaelaBurnes
Ingelmunster, Belgium
Reviewed 9 July 2014

First time in Brisbane.

Prior to booking, I noticed the hotel being extremely expensive for a Novotel (200€/night), but this might be a Brisbane thing. Breakfast= extra charge. internet= extra charge...

For this price, you'd expect something special.
Room is very nice! spacious, and they've put a lot of efforts in styling the room. job well done.
Bathroom is good enough, although (for a hotel) very little pressure on the water, but that's still ok.

What is not OK, is that the bath tub is damaged somehow. doesn't look very tempting to take a bath in that. (for that price? replace the thing). What is worse: prior to use, I still had to remove hairs which were still in the tub. makes you wonder how well they cleaned it. in the corners on the bathroom floor: again, some hairs...

Airconditioning: extremely noisy!! luckily I was able to turn it off, as it's winter up here.
Would not be able to sleep here during summer.

Breakfast is just ok, although a bit pricy if you'd ask me.
Really (!!!!) good bread though!

bed's very good!

staff is friendly and pro

facilities are all good...

This could actually be quite a nice hotel if they sort some things out urgently!

also the room itself was not 100% clean. that's a minimum I'd say.
They would be able to make the rooms a lot better, if they just refurbished the place a bit. would take them very little time in room 710... of few brushes of paint on damaged spots on doors etc would make a world of difference...

Charging for Ineternet? sorry, don't get my head around that, after having paid so much for a room.
tried it for the first day: internet connection was even very slow.

Went to a tel shop, bought a 4G sim card for my ipad, and had much faster internet, which costed me the same as 1 day internet here. (I'm in AU for two weeks, so thought it was worth it)

Had to do some quick ironing on a shirt... couldn't... iron would not nearly get warm enough...
also something they might want to look after.

Bathroom had a little smell to it...

wouldn't really recommend the place after my stay, although I'm sure it could be a good hotel, if you're luckier on pricing and cleaning than I was.

Room Tip: instead of paying for slow internet, run to a teleshop and get yourself a 4g data sim.