“120 nights in 2011 and well on my way for the same 2012”

The Sebel Quay West Brisbane
Ranked #66 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 19 March 2012

You will ask me, why I choose Quay West Suites every time I am in Brisbane...
The location leads me to 5 different Freeways and Destinations in Queenland.
The Hotel overlooks the Beautiful Brisbane Botanical Gardens and the Kangaroo Cliffs and Glorious Brisbane River.
The CBD is 2 mins walk around the corner.
Dine in QWS McMahons Gorgeous New Restaurant or slip down the road to most of the Best Restaurants in Brisbane.
The Staff go to extraodinarylengths to ensure your every need.
Parking is available and a Swimming Pool from a Hollywood Movie Set.

Room Tip: Ask for a tour of rooms before selecting. Higher the floor you have river views, lower floor have ga...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on business and found everything fine.
The check in staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The rooms are appartment style and very big. I stayed in a 1 bedroom appt. which was fantastic, a great view over the Botanic Gardens and Brisbane River.
The room was clean and well appointed and the bed one of the most comfortable I have slept in at any hotel.
The city is just around the corner and easy walking distance, also the casino and plenty of bars and restaurants.
All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are on the same side but of course the views are better the higher you get
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mundo61
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We only had 1 night there, but would go back. Very central. The desk staff were very helpful. The apartment had all amenities and we had a great view over the botanic gardens.
Only thing about it, we would say was the road noise during the night didn't feel like double glazing. We were on the 8th floor and got woken with traffic noise so would suggest asking for a higher floor.
The over night parking was valet so expected the fee, but would suggest if you don't need your car in Brisbane the taxi to airport would work.
Have to say the bedding was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Just ask for higher up
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McCormicksNz
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I just stayed two nights at this location with my 2 year old son. We had a one bedroom apartment. I love the set out and having a tv in the bedroom and lounge room and the wide verandah with two sitting tables and cars. In the bathroom the shower and grout had alot of mould and their was long black hairs in the bath. That is my only whinge. The staffs service was amazing and valet parking was prompt and great. On my second day of coming back the room had been refreshed and the dishwasher put on, bed made, new towels, carpets vaccumed and outside verandah cleaned( my son had a plate, glass and food out there). The view was amazing and I enjoyed having my morning coffee while watching the city warm up for the day. I got room service and the food was top quality and delicious. I would love to bring the rest of my family here, just hoping for a clean shower.

Room Tip: I ask for a higher leveled room if staying with children so they can see the whole park and city.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kimmy_kmr
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Just stayed 2 nights at this wonderful location. Great location overlooking the botanical gardens. Spacious balcony, perfect for watching the lightning show from. Well appointed rooms, lounge room- again with great views, kitchenette, laundry and good size bathroom.
Very comfortable bed, crisp bedding and lovely pillows.

It's a shame the bathroom wasn't cleaned properly, mould very evident in corners of the shower, other clients dark hairs in the bath ( which we didn't use) and silicone peeling off the tiles and left hanging.

Staff....what staff!

Asked for help as to how to get to the pedestrian bridge, they said it was a 20 min walk however no suggestions as to how to get there. Had to ask for a map on another occasion when I asked how to get to the shops..no offer of a map, I had to ask. Needed a taxi...again had to wait in line while guests got checked in then they phoned for one which took another 8 minutes at which time we watched many other taxis drive right past with their lights on...cost us a call out fee of $7.50 which could have been avoided if we just waited in the street ( it actually cost us $12 less the next day by standing on the street going to the same place) hotel staff do what is required and only what's required certainly didn't make us feel welcome.

Having whinged about all that I now feel much better...would I go again...absolutely just won't expect much from the staff and maybe take some white king to spray the bathroom with!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We had two nights here at the end of trip. We booked it late online only a few days before arriving but had no problems and were very happy with our room. This is an apartment hotel located right opposite the botanic gardens.
Our room consisted of an open plan kitchen/lounge, bedroom and bathroom with a balcony right across the lounge and bedroom overlooking the botanic gardens.
We only used the hotel for the room so can not comment on anything else. The room was perhaps a little dated and could do with refurbishing although it was perfectly acceptable. It had everything required and we would have happily stayed longer and would be happy to return. I am not sure if we got any kind of discount as I booked through hotels.com I think and it was, in my opinion, good value.
The staff on reception were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2012

It is really a nice hotel, with spacious, clean suites and a very friendly staff. I stayed there during my business trip and was happy that I had booked this hotel. It is situated in a nice place just opposite the botanical gardens. Breakfast ara is small, but cosy, the service is quick, so you don't waste precious morning minutes. As it isn't noisy either in the hotel or outside it, you hdve a wonderfull opportunity to have some rest in the evenings.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business