“Great Location”

Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square
Ranked #27 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Travelled up from the Gold Coast by Air Train to Central Terminal. The Hotel was across the road, and so very handy to everything. The room was a bedsit so was small but just right for two. The bed was comfortable.
The room had a sink, microwave, cutlery and dinner set for two. The bathroom was large.
Mini bar prices were very reasonable, $5 for a crown lager.
Every room also had free 3hour internet use.
A lovely hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed here for one night, before heading to Surfer's Paradise - we ended up coming back from Surfer's to stay an extra two nights. The hotel was lovely, although a little pricy it is definitely worth it for comfort, staff and location. It is right opposite Central Station, very handy for catching trains to anywhere you need to go - and you can get the airtrain which runs straight to the airports very often!! The staff were fantastic, and very helpful at giving directions and ideas of where to visit on South Bank. The rooms were lovely and clean, very comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful - fantastic shower and lovely shampoo/conditioners/soaps etc. A fantastic base for exploring Brisbane, plenty to see and do. A fantastic bonus - three hours of free wi-fi a day - fantastic!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahH26
RendezvousBris, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Rendezous Brisbane and thank you for posting a delightful review. We have shared your review with all our staff who work hard to privide excellent service . They take pride in knowing that guests have enjoyed their stay with us.
Please let us know if you are returning to Brisbane and if you have friends coming our way, we look forward to welcoming them as well.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed for a couple of nights in early July. Could have done a lot better. The service was really bad with reception staff uninterested and unhelpful. The rooms are really dated, old and musty. Used the washing machine in the bathroom and had to then go to a laundromat to wash the smell out of them from the washing machine. Best thing about the place is where it is situated - very close to Queen St. No pool or fitness centre. Never again!

Room Tip: Look before you agree to stay - the facade gives a false impression
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tuari

Would you please let me know which room you stayed in, as all our rooms have been thoroughly refurbished over the past 12 months so your claim of staying in room that was dated, old & musty is somewhat of a surprise , as we dont have any rooms that fit that description.
Did you fill out a survey form whilst staying here, as I would like to see where the service let you down and what room you were staying in. We take these complaints seriously and when its criticism about an area that we usually get praised for we need to get answers.
Housekeeping are reveiwing all washing machines, and the only feedback I have isn that it could have been caused from water residue sitting in the base of a machine that hadnt been used for some time.
We are more than happy to show any guest who would like to see a room before booking, and if they have a preference for a different room and its available we will oblige and offer that room. There is 2 main room types Studio & One bedroom, and as you can see from the many reviews we get, a majority of our guests love the rooms and the Heritage character of the hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Stayed on a Saturday night when going out on the town in Brisbane. Good value for money in a very central location. Was upgraded to a 1 bedroom apartment which had a small kitchenette so it would have been suitable for an extended stay but i only used the room for a few hours after a late night out. The staff at reception seemed a little confused and flustered on check in and check out but were pleasent enough. Bed was only a double or small queen but was comfortable. Overall it was better than I had expected and I would definately consider staying again at the weekend rate. Parking is a bit of a hassle as there is not much room to leave your car at the front of the hotel (4 parking bays) and they insist on valet parking your car.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the side of the hotel that is opposite the backpackers complex
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
RendezvousBris, Director of Sales at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Thank you for reviewing the Rendezvous Brisbane and Im pleased you enjoyed your stay . We do have very limited parking and thats why we have to do valet parking, as I am sure guests would get lost trying to find our car park!! Sounds like you were here over a special event weekend, and it does get very busy if that was the case.
If you are coming back into Brisbane, and hopefully Rendezvous Brisbane, please request a specific room, and if its available we will certainly reserve it for you.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

We love the location of this hotel, within 5 minutes walk to the Queens St.
The room was clean and the space was just right, with a small living room, washing machine in the bathroom and kitchenette. They also provide a small coffee machine, so you can make yourself freshly brewed cup of coffee, and it is included in the room charge.
Would love to stay in this hotel again when we visit Brisbane next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The Rendezvous hotel is perfectly located in a city central location, opposite the Central station (where you can jump on the airport train to get your flight).
I have stayed in both the one bedroom apartment and one bedroom bedsit and both times found the accommodation to be great value with clean, comfortable rooms.
The one bedroom apartment was well appointed with a separate lounge area, large tv, kitchen with facilities, bathroom with washer and comfortable bed. The decor is fresh and modern. The one bedroom bedsit was roomy and clean although had problems getting the tv to work.
The bar downstairs offers a good meeting point for after work drinks and the location means you're only a brief walk away from plenty of restaurants.
I had no problems with noise - both times my room wasn't near the backpackers - and overall would recommend this hotel both for business trips and for visiting Brisbane.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed at the Rendezvous for one night in late June. The location near the station and other parts of the CBD is excellent. Front desk staff were friendly, helpful and professional. My room was a one bedroom apartment on the side of the hotel facing the backpackers which others have mention can be noisy. It was a Saturday night and there was some noise from that side of the street, but my bed was away from the exterior wall so I didn't bother me. I enjoyed the size of the room, access to laundry facilities and 3 hours of free internet. All big pluses for me.

The letdown of the stay for me was breakfast in the morning. I don't know if my experience was typical, but something just wasn't going well that morning...The staff were preoccupied and slow to respond. As I waited to be seated, one of the staff continued to fiddle with the register and replace the tape. It was clear she hadn't done it before and struggled for 2-3 minutes while I waited to be seated. There were numerous tables with dirty dishes on them and there was a sense of disorganization. Eventually the hostess she gave up and came to seat me at the only table which had been cleared. The buffet was nearly bare when I arrived and there were numerous folks waiting for something to eat. As I ate the only food I could get from the buffet more and more folks came to the dining room to be seated only to find a) no food b) no clean tables c) the coffee machine not working due to the waste container being full (needed to be emptied). It was pretty chaotic. I ate my breakkie and got out, having paid $29 (I think) for some eggs and very little else. When I went to check out shortly after, the breakfast hadn't be added to my bill and so I pointed that out...The front desk staff sheepishly thanked my for my honesty and rolled their eyes as the stuff up, giving me the impression that it wasn't an uncommon occurrence

All up, I enjoyed my stay and the Rendezvous and would gladly choose to stay there again. However, I will not be dining in the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo