“Central Location Ideal for Extended Stay”

Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square
Ranked #23 of 158 Hotels in Brisbane
Sydney, Australia
“Central Location Ideal for Extended Stay”
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel offers apartment style large rooms with limited kitchen facilities and washing machine. The convenience of these facilities is much appreciated if staying 3 nights or more. The location is excellent opposite central station and one block from Queen Street Mall. The hotel is in an historic building with relatively modern rooms which have been designed as a hybrid somewhere between colonial and modern style. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed with pay television good work space and separate bedroom with a washing machine in the generous bathroom. The rooms are very well maintained. Service is ok I have never had a problem but it seems a little perfunctory. Over the past 2 years I have stayed at the hotel about 10 times usually for 3-4 nights but you get no welcome for being a returning guest which is the opposite of most properties I stay in. This has resulted in me usually staying elsewhere in Brisbane on short trips. However, overall a comfortable convenient place to stay especially for a longer stay.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
RendezvousBris, Director of Sales at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your stays with us.

We are very disappointed to read about the lack of recognition, especially as we do have an internal guest recognition program in place. Would you be kind enough to contact me at dos.brisbaneAS@rendezvoushotels.com so that we can update your profile accordingly, and make sure that you are recognized in the future – meanwhile, please accept our apologies for this failing on our part.

Sincerely.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
Scottish Borders
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We stayed here in late September for two nights before flying back to the UK. It is ideally situated in the heart of the city, across the road from the Central Station. The rooms are large, well equipped - our studio room had kitchen equipment - and look recently refurbished. We didn't eat in the hotel at all, but the bar staff were happy to serve tea and coffee.

The reception/concierge staff were very helpful, and we had free access to the internet to check in for our flight online. It was also no trouble to leave all our bags there on the day we checked out as our flight was not until late evening.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
RendezvousBris, Public Relations Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments from your recent stay.

Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

Having been to this hotel a couple of times now, I find the central location it's best feature. It's right next to the railway station and a very short walk to the inner city shopping precinct. The rooms are spacious, room service fast and efficient. The rooms are very tastefully decorated with interesting prints of Brisbane in a bye gone era. On the down side, was the lack of flexibility re breakfast. I wanted a plate of scrambled eggs & toast. This was not an option as it was considered to be part of the full breakfast buffet. Not wanting a full breakfast just some eggs I was offered a continental breakfast however , I wanted a bit more than juice, cereal etc. . The waitress did go to management but on return stated that if I wanted a plate of scrambled eggs would have to pay the full price of the buffet breakfast. This would be $27.00 . I declined that offer. Went to cafe in the shopping centre. Paid $12.50 for lovely perfectly cooked eggs, a piece of toast and a latte!! I will still stay here but will go out for breakfast! As I said, the convenience is the greatest attraction along with the tastefully decorated and spacious and very clean and comfortable rooms

• Stayed September 2012
RendezvousBris, Public Relations Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us.

We note your comments regarding breakfast and these have been conveyed internally so that they are taken into account for the future. We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding our location and our rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Brisbane.
muswellbrook
Reviewed 24 September 2012

room was small but clean and tidy, beer prices very reasonable from bar fridge,location spot on for shopping, train, bus etc,if parking there make sure you allow time before your departure as it can take up to 30 minutes to collect they tell that anyway, Friday nights they have cocktails for only five dollars and some beer at that price also.you really don't need a car in town most places are within walking distances or public transport at front door so to speak

Room Tip: ask for a quite room on second level
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments from your recent stay.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Brisbane.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Stayed here again because nothing else was available and I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was fresh and airy and everything that I needed was there. Internet worked first time but it is still a bit annoying having to call for a log in and password every day. Why not just make it freely available? Only drawback was the noise from the corridor and adjoining rooms but overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Back of hotel and away from the lifts
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments from your recent stay.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to clarify our policy regarding wi-fi internet. We have two programs; The Value Promise, which offers internet with a download limit, does require daily passwords due to the system set up. Alternatively, the Business Benefits Package includes unlimited wi-fi internet access and does not require daily passwords – this may be more convenient for you.

We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Brisbane.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

As my title says - I will never return to this hotel again although the location is excellent. It is near everything you want to visit in Brisbane, especially Queen Street Mall where you can find the Tourist Information centre.

The central train station in the CBD is just opposite the hotel as well. Location wise it has everything going for it. Maybe that is why the hotel hasn't bothered to invest in training its staff in the field of hospitality. The reception staff made me feel so unwelcome that I wanted to leave just as I checked in. The guy, Jose, was brusque and abrupt. He didn't even bother to explain where anything is, or anything at all for that matter. I had to ask which room, where the elevator was etc. because he put the key on the counter without even looking at me and proceeded to say nothing and went on his computer! The same happened when we checked out. Different guy same attitude! He took the key and said nothing. I had to ask whether that was all and he said yes without even looking up. Australian warmth that was not!

The hotel was also expensive for the state it was in. It needed a total refurb of staff and decor. Very dated and dark. The room was spacious enough with a small bathroom. The surprising thing was a kitchenette. It has a small fridge and a microwave, a sink and cupboards.

Needless to say, I won't be returning as overall, it wasn't really value for money.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank vee n
RendezvousBris, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Dr Nolan,

Further to my email to you of 24th August, I do appreciate the fact that you took the time to highlight the issues you experienced with your stay. On this occassion it appears clear that we did not deliver the levels of service that we regularly receive compliments on and as such we have taken this as an opportunity to refresh the training of all of our team. Once again we are grateful for the feedback as it will provide the hotel further scope to improve the way we interact with our guests.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I booked this hotel on the Wotif Mystery Hotel deal and was pleased that it was the Hotel Rendezvous. I have never stayed here before but the location suited me perfectly as I was travelling by train to Brisbane.
The Hotel itself is located right plonk opposite Central Station in a old heritage listed building that was once a government office block.
I arrived early and had anticipated that my room may not be available, so I had alternative plans to fill in the time. I was surprised to find my room was ready and I that I could check in.
The room was lovely, not spacious, but had everything and more that you wouldn't find in other hotels such as dvd player and cd player.
I also loved the fact that the room had a kitchenette with microwave and a few utensils. The hotel provides a 24 hour microwave meal delivery service which is a great idea.
The beds are comfortable and the bathroom is clean with plenty of high pressure hot water.
Although my room faced Ann street (which is very busy) I never heard a thing due to the double glazing on the windows.
The colour scheme of the public areas of the hotel are tasteful and reflect the era of the original building.
Walk out the front door of the hotel and you a stone throw away from everything,shops, the arts precinct, southbank and so much more.
Reception staff are couteous and polite which is a rarity these days.
As I was so impressed with the hotel I have booked to stay on the 3rd November and am looking forward to it.
Reference: Room 1023.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
RendezvousBris, Public Relations Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback to us following your recent stay.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the location and the service, and we have passed your comments to the reception team.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Brisbane.