“Centrally located in Brisbane”

Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square
Ranked #26 of 159 Hotels in Brisbane
“Centrally located in Brisbane”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is on Ann St in Brisbane, next door to Memorial Park. It is very centrally located and within walking distance to most Brisbane attractions. The rooms are neat and clean. They have a wheelchair lift as there are stairs to enter the premises. There is a bar and restaurant on site. Overall I would recommend this hotel to those Brisbane bound.

• Stayed November 2013
RendezvousBris, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
We really appreciate your positive comments following your stay, and thank you for taking the time to go onto TripAdvisor. As the hotel is in a heritage-listed building, it does give us the opportunity to provide facilities that are not like a standard hotel. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you here when you are next in Brisbane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at the Rendezvous Anzac Square for 4 nights in Sept. On account of my plans changing, I ended up checking out and back in a few times, so I had a chance to see a few different rooms.

Generally the hotel is nice, the breakfast buffet has a good selection and the location really convenient as it's literally across the road from Central and only a few mins walk to the Queen Street Mall.

I was originally in a studio, and it was adequate but a bit small. The bed was comfortable and it was nice having a sink and counter area in the main bedroom, but the shower wasn't great (it's a nice stand alone shower - not shower over bath - but had a weird configuration and water ended up on the floor).

I was upgraded to a one bedroom for 2 nights, and really enjoyed the difference. It was an odd configuration - long and narrow, with the bedroom, bathroom and then living space all in a row, but the extra space was noticeable and having a bit of room to move in the living area was great. The bathroom in this one was a shower over a bath however, which isn't my preference. Still, I liked this room.

Clearly the hotel isn't 100% cookie cutter because I returned to a studio and it was similar in size but with a better stand up shower configuration.

Overall I'd return, for the location as much as the room quality, but will be crossing my fingers for another upgrade to a one bedroom because that was a much nicer experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
RendezvousBris, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear HeatherCQ

Thank you staying at the Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square on your recent trip to Brisbane. We appreciate you taking the time to advise fellow travellers regarding our convenient location and high room quality, and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Brisbane.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A studio room was booked online, when I arrived I found that I had received an up-grade to a suite, the room was well appointed and very comfortable. I enjoyed the late check out and the valet parking also.

Dear Karen M,

Thank you for staying at the Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square on your most recent trip to Brisbane. We are pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We are on a short road trip around Australia, visiting many cities.
Most if the time we are only in the hotel one or two nights
Would I recommend this hotel well that's a big NO
We booked a twin room as I was sharing with my son, all they could offer was a twin with a roll up bed.
I Asked why take the booking if you can't give me what I booked
The staff said they never refuse then argue on the day
This is not good.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kgoughuk
Dear kgoughuk,

Thank-you for taking the time to provide feedback to us following your recent stay. We apologise for any confusion with your booking. At Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square, we pride ourselves on doing our utmost to ensure that we can accommodate all guest requests, however I apologise that we were unable to fulfil your request to your satisfaction on this occasion.

We would very much like to welcome you back to the hotel, and should be travelling to Brisbane again in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact our Reservations team on reservations.brisbaneAS@rendezvoushotels.com and they would be very pleased to contact you directly to discuss your requirements, and how we can make your next stay more comfortable.

We thank-you again and we look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Brisbane.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was my first visit to this specific Rendevous but have stayed at the George St one many times and feel the all offer great value. Surprised by the size (spaciousness) of the rooms and the in-room facilities. Great , convenient location also. Highly recommended.

Dear Karen_Syd01

Thank you for posting such positive comments following your recent stay at the Rendezvous Hotel Brisbane Anzac Square. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Brisbane.
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while in Brisbane to celebrate my birthday. We always enjoy staying here because the rooms are clean, spacious and well maintained and the hotel is quiet. It is convenient to the city - you can park the car and walk everywhere. This visit did not disappoint.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear tmbawasp,

We appreciate your positive comments regarding the Rendezvous Hotel Anzac Square's location, service and cleanliness. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Rooms were large & spacious, however they were dated & dusty.

Front desk service was terrible - upon checkin was being served by one gentleman, when he said "just one moment, please" and proceeded to spend 10 minutes helping the other person working front desk. Fortunately someone else then came and helped me, but it took them 5 more minutes to work out where the other man had left my partly completed check in.

When checking out, approximately 7.30am, there was only one person manning the front desk, with a large queue of people waiting.

Wont be coming back.

2 Thank DainaByrne
Dear DainaByrne,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I apologise for any inconvenience your check in and out experiences caused you. Please know that this will be discussed with our front desk staff, and your comments will be used as a training tool to prevent this from happening in the future. We trust you will find a marked improvement the next time you stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.