ULTIQA Rothbury Hotel
US$176
US$166
Hilton
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$128
Mercure Brisbane King George Square(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$240
US$181
  • Restaurant
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$121
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$88
  • Pool
Hotel Jen Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$97
HotelJen.com
US$69
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast basketcentral stationcafe next doorart deco buildingheritage hotelmarble floorsrooftop spacar parking spacenice marbledaily allowanceevery afternoonone bedroom apartmentcity activitiesan older style hotelheritage styleseparate lounge roomfree breakfast is
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My husband and I had just one night in the Rothbury but I would definitely come back. Located within easy walking distance to Queen Street Mall, the room had double glazing and the original thick walls that come with an Art Deco building, resulting in a quiet nights sleep. The original art deco style had been respected when updating the building and our double bedroom suite was roomy and well appointed. The bed was soft (too soft for me but comfortable for my husband) and the rooms were clean. Perhaps get rid of the silk flower arrangements, that add nothing to the ambience but this is just a minor quibble.
The breakfast basket needs some serious updating, squashed white bread wrapped in plastic is unappealing and likewise, bland cereal. The fruit juice was a great start but perhaps replace all the rest with a croissant or decent baguette. Parking was excellent value (but only if you have a small car, it's tight!) in a city that charges like a wounded bull for parking.
An excellent choice for a short or long stay, with helpful staff and welcoming surrounds.

Room Tip: Our suite on the first floor was easily accessed, quiet and with a decent view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 187212Green2010
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I was looking for a venue for my daughters photos to be taken before her wedding and was amazed by the staircase in the foyer of this hotel, absolutely perfect for her photos. The rooms were first class and very roomy, elegant would be a good way to describe them. The management and staff could not have done any more to make this the most perfect stay, nothing was too much trouble for them. The girls had a large 2 bedroom unit to all get ready in and my daughter and her new husband had a beautiful 1 bedroom appartment for their wedding night. I would definately recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for somewhere quiet and central to stay in Brisbane. Overall a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The Hotel is in a great locaion, vertually across the road from Central Station, only a short walk to the Queen Street Mall and within walking distance to Suncorp Stadium.
The Hotel Staff were excellent, the location met our needs, but the apartment we stayed in on the ground floor needed attention.
We had read online that the aparemtns had been recently refurbished, but we couldn't tell this at all. The roof in the bathroom was starting to chip / fall away and their was a horrible 'dead rat smell' in the bathroom also. The tea and coffee is rationed out, we had 3 adults in a one bedroom apartment but tea and coffee only for 2 people. The rollaway bed for the 3rd person needed a new mattress and when we asked for an extra blanket, it came with 'extra dust'.
The apartment was very clean and the couch was comfortable, i wouldn't recommend staying on the ground level, it was a bit noisey.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor, it was noisey and the bars on the windows give it a 'prison' feel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RaeA007
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Our search: a one-bedroom apartment with free internet access
Location: very good, close to Central Station, to convenience stores open 24/24, supermarkets, food courts, malls, bus stops, Queen Street, China Town
Hotel: charming rococo hotel
Rooms: comfortable, 2 TVs, well equipped kitchenette, whasher/dryer washes but does not dry (2 in one machines), fair bedding, I enjoy a blanket and a second sheet on top while I had one sheet and the bedcover. Our room was on the 15th floor, very quiet, charming St Andrew church bells in the morning
Light breakfast in a basket, free and placed in the fridge every afternoon, excellent idea : bread slices, butter, jelly, juices, fresh milk and cereals. If not enough, the cafe next door opens at 6:30 am
Internet: since we could not connect to the broadband, the hotel had wi-fi installed, it then worked perfectly and was free of charge ( thank you very much Michele, very efficient front desk clerk)
Staff:all very nice and helpful
Weakness: housekeeping. Despite the real kindness of the housekeepers, the room has not been vacuumed much in 12 days, and instead of making the beds, the bedcovers were just drawn so that it looked like the beds had been made.
Check out surprise: I had to pay a surcharge for the rollaway bed, I would have prefered to know it beforehand
Will I stay there again in the future: yes I will.

Room Tip: We had a corner appartment (1502) which was roomy enough
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank maramanocent
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I had planned to attend a centenary celebration party at my old Brisbane school but was amazed to find how expensive many of the big-chain 4/5 star hotels were when planning a 2-day visit. I left Brisbane in 1975 and was interested in trying a "heritage" property which I remember last visiting in the 1960s when it was an office block & the rate available for the Rothbury together with a good central location made my choice easy. If you are taxi-averse as I have become, the Brisbane Airtrain provides a terrific service from the airport to the center of the city in a tad over 20 minutes & the Rothbury is literally a 3 minute walk from central Station. At the same time, the property is only a 6-7 minute walk to the Queen Street Mall. My apartment/suite was very spacious with a large, comfortably furnished living room with kitchinette plus perfectly adequate bedroom/en-suite. I was not disturbed by any internal noise issues & the supplementary glazing system was fine excluding external noise, provided you closed the original external windows which had been left partly open. My only negative experience was that I found the aircon to be not functioning. Brisbane can actually get quite chilly in the evening & early morning & I was suspcisious to find that the thermostat had been set to 27degC by a previous occupant. After running for an hour set to heat to 23deg, the room temp was unchanged at 20.5deg which was only just comfortable. I did not report this to reception as it was not a serious problem for a 2-night stay. Overall, I very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo