“Good value apartment hotel in central Brisbane”

ULTIQA Rothbury Hotel
Ranked #81 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed in a 1 bedroom Deluxe Apartment for 2 nights in August 2012. The Rothbury is barely a 5 minute walk from the railway station so it was quick and easy to get there from the airport by train. I was visiting Brisbane for a friend’s wedding and the hotel turned out to be straight across the road from All Saints’ Church. This saved any hassles with taxis on the day of the wedding.

I got a friendly welcome from the front desk and wished I was staying longer when I saw the size of the apartment – sofa, dining table, desk, kitchen with fridge. I thought the breakfast left in the fridge each day was perfectly sufficient and being able to make the tea and toast in my room was far preferable to having to get dressed and go down to a hotel dining room. The Central location made it easy to get to the shops and bars in the city.

The only thing that would have made my stay better was wi-fi, and I did see a sign that it was coming soon. There was free wired internet but that meant digging out the laptop rather than just using the smartphone. It was fast enough the one time I did plug in.

I’d certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank emmesse2010

Reviewed 17 December 2012

We had a girls night out planned for our christmas party and chose to stay at the beautiful and charming Rothbury as the location was just perfect for us. We found the staff to be very helpful and polite.
When entering the hotel it is like stepping back in time, the gorgeous stair case and the timber lifts are stunning. Our two bedroom apartment was spacious and clean and fitted with everything we needed.
We enjoyed sitting up on the roof top terrace and having a few drinks while admiring the few of the city.
The breakfast provided was well appreciated the next morning after a night out in the city.
We would gladly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The Rothbury Heritage Apartment Hotel is truly a rose among thorns. This beautiful Art Deco boutique hotel is close to all amenities and public transport. It is walking distance to the CBD and the restaurant precincts of Southbank and West End yet still retains it's old world charm. When you are staying at The Rothbury you can truly relax and enjoy! The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and very spacious, and all your needs are accommodated. I have stayed at The Rothbury several times and I would never consider staying anywhere else in Brisbane! It's perfect for a long weekend stay or mid-week city break and I really like that the rooms have their own kitchens and washing machines. I would recommend The Rothbury to anyone planning on staying in Brisbane.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jillian C
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We sated at the Rothbruy for two nights, not only that we were greeted like move stars' thay up graded our room just because it was available! Clean fresh sheets and so comfortable the service was 5 stars with all the staff all way and not just when you get there to pick up your keys, fantastic value my best stay in brisvagas thank you Rothruy.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank George C
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed at the Rothbury Hotel last Friday, Saturday Sunday night with friends & family as we where all in town for a wedding. The reception at the hotel was very smooth, the rooms we had were fresh and clean, very comfortable and service was great. would recommend the Rothbury if staying in Brisbane, great value for money!!!!

Room Tip: two bedroom family suit
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012

What can I say about this place!! it was really bad. It took 15 mins to park our car, the driveway was very narrow and the carpark so small and if that wasn"t bad enough they charged $22 for the priviledge. Finally we checked in and headed to our room where we were hit by the most horrible musky smell. The decor in the apartment was outdated and the furniture really worn. They didn't seen to have spent any money on maintenance or upkeep but the worse part of this stay was when I was awoken at midnight by the strong musky smell in the apartment. I started having trouble breathing, i tried to get some fresh air in the room but i couldn't open the windows. I would not stay in this place again even if it was for free, it was that bad.

Dont Stay There!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank shelly2126
Reviewed 21 November 2012

This hotel has a large sign outside saying it was voted the best 4 star hotel in Brisbane.
Having stayed there, I can't see how. A 4 star hotel may not be luxurious but one would expect a level of quality across all aspects. I think it is a reasonable 3 star hotel.

My room and the furniture in it were a little "tired" and the fitout is clearly flat box. Everything was there but didn't really hit the mark. For instance, the cutlery provided was clearly old and from many different sets. Similarly with the mugs. The "complimentary breakfast" is a packet of cereal, a small carton of milk, a small bottle of juice and 2 slices of bread in cling wrap, left in your room refrigerator.

It works but one might expect more. I have stayed in a number of apartment hotels in Brisbane and this one does not measure up to the others.

The hotel is well placed if one needs to be close to the train, at Central station but otherwise is some blocks away from shops and the CBD and it is an uphill climb to the hotel from those points.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business