“A very pleasant surprise!”

ULTIQA Rothbury Hotel
Ranked #89 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“A very pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This small heritage hotel is a wonderful place to stay when in Brisbane City. Close to transport - Central Station & the bus network. I have stayed in the Rothbury twice now for business trips to Brisbane, both times the rooms were fantastic. I had a small unit type, with cooking facilities, a separate bedroom, separate bathroom and a lounge. Free wi-fi, breakfast and local newspaper. Very clean, friendly reception, great manager. Very quiet and I had quality sleeps in a very comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Both rooms were very good, 1st floor & 2nd floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed at the Rothbury heritage apartment hotel for an overnight business stay. I must say that although my room was not as spacious as a 1 bedroom and did not have fantastic views it was perfect for an overnight stay. I really needed the internet and the staff were so helpful and set up wifi in the room beside me so i could check my emails and do some work. The price was reasonable under $150 for Brisbane and was within company budget so worked out well. The breakfast was a great little touch, delivered to my room the night before so i could have it when i woke up. The room was clean and the bed so comfortable - i found out that they were only new beds a great night sleep.

Tip if you are staying more than one night - book a 1 Bedroom much more spacious.

Room Tip: choose 1 Bedroom much more spacious
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The billing says, "the best 4-star hotel in Brisbane"... I find that hard to believe, especially having stayed in far better ones in that city.

It is pleasant enough - and old style building with very large guest accommodation. It is close to the train station, useful if one is coming in from the airport. The staff are very friendly - which, in my case, they needed to be as my booking had been mixed up with another...

The room air conditioning is deafening and impossible to run off - so very annoying. The room service offerings are basic at best and it is not the most salubrious end of town if you are looking for a good restaurant - and the complimentary breakfast basket is really not worth the bother.

1 Thank Gen F
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I travel to Brisbane for business quite regularly and have stayed in quite a few hotels around the city area. This hotel was a lovely surprise and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They helped me with faxing and printing to get my work done before meetings. Nothing was ever too much trouble. I stayed in a room at the front of the building and didn't hear any traffic noise at all - the windows had double glazing. The room was spacious and clean. The housekeepers were lovely and considerate when servicing my room around me whilst I worked. I will definitely be back to this hotel as I feel very much at home there.

Room Tip: - Excellent location! - Clean, spacious rooms. - Friendly, helpful staff.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
AnnStreet, General Manager at ULTIQA Rothbury Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are very excited to hear you had a good stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed at the Rothbury because i needed to stay close to my conference which was around the corner in Adelaide street. I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the room it felt clean as soon as you walked in. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Although i did have an issue connecting to the internet, we discovered it was my computer not the hotel service. So overall great location, friendly service and definitely value for money! I will be back to stay with my partner for a weekend away and return business as well.

Room Tip: i would say from level 4-6 would be perfect
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate receiving your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Rothbury.
berkshire
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Booked this one as it had a 4 star rating from Trip Advisor. Had a ground floor apt. booked an apt as we had just done 50 nights on a cruise and thought we could get the laundry down whilst we were sight seeing! Had a washer dryer that didn't dry and you couldn't hear the TV if you were using it. As soon as water was drawn in another apt. you heard it - yes at 7 in the morning first the kettle and then a shower!We didn't do much laundry as we couldn't stand the noise and having wet clothes hanging around.
It advertises Queen size beds - they are the standard double - 4ft.6 ins wide and the bedroom is tiny.
The kitchen has one hob, no real oven a tiny small microwave size oven with a small shelf - takes hours to make cheese on toast!!
The lounge had a bed settee and another settee - you sank very low on the bed settee and it was really uncomfortable.
We had 2 windows in the lounge and one in the bedroom = one looked up the drive towards the main road and the other two straight into a concrete wall of the next building. They were all covered in bars.

We were told the roof garden was under renovation so couldn't use this.
The 301 cafe next door is only open in the mornings.
The staff are very friendly and the hotel is in an excellent position. Go down the next road and you are on the riverside or go straight down and you are in the city.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dtreeby
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback whether good or bad. We have taken serious notes from your review and will be reviewing them carefully. We are about to undergo a major refurbishment of the apartments which is very exciting and will certainly give them a fresh and modern feel. Once again thank you for your review.
Canberra
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Boiked for business so location was excellent. However the room was so tiny you could not pull chair out from under desk. The air conditioning is controlled from another room so you can freeze or roast depending on your neighbour's preferences.

This will not be repeat venue.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Harry G
Thank you for your review. We appreicate your feedback whether good or bad, this does help us correct any issues that may arise. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the room.

The air conditionig is generally set at the 24 degrees and we have now looked into the individual unit and made repairs as necessary. Thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated.