“My luxury night”

Ranked #8 of 160 Hotels in Brisbane
Queensland
“My luxury night”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I needed a room close to the Mall so I could see a lawyer at short notice. I saw the Royal Albert was in close vicinity. I rang and they had a room for me which was so much cheaper than the previous facility I enquired t so I booked. On arrival I was so delighted I had as it was really luxury, clean and with the most polite and helpful staff you could expect to find anywhere in the world. I have travelled widely and they are up with the best. I really would love to return and take my husband for a relaxing visit to our capital city in style. Thankyou, Royal Albert Hotel.

Room Tip: I was on my own but this room would suit a couple perfectly. It was so spacious and self contained i...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Royal_Albert_Hotel, General Manager at Royal Albert Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Signora
Thank you for the lovely comments and in particular the glowing compliments regarding our staff.
We look forward to seeing you back soon.
Peter Tyrer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
Noosa, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

What a fabulous hotel, diagonal to the Myer Centre entrance, one street back from the mall. Booked one night, stayed one more. Efficient, friendly staff .Free newspaper daily to your door & the latest magazines on the console table on our floor which you read and replace for others' use. Large room, double glazed windows ensuring no traffic noise from busy street below. Comfy bed, modern large bathroom w/bath, & Mor toiletries. Old-fashioned entrance of French automatic-opening doors. This place is so removed from the modern hotels that I usually stay in Brisbane. Only this one is right in the middle of the CBD. No walking through parks, past seedy hotels, just a quick stroll from the mall. Jo Jo's Restaurant is close by, the Coffee Club is next door. This hotel has a fabulous outdoor/indoor cafe with licensed bar & friendly, professional staff. We had a drink in the bar & watched the food being taken out to the sidewalk tables & everything looked & smelt fantastic (we will dine there next time). On arrival we wondered if there were enough car spaces, but there are three floors of parking, via a carlift which I've never seen before. Leave your car for the staff to park & retrieve on departure. Ours was ready without asking. Each floor has a small display of Royal Albert which is a nice touch. Saturday night was $180, Sunday was $120. Excellent value. Definitely will stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed on third floor, quiet, no humming of air-conditioners, no lift noises, barely heard neighbour...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maureen J
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Perfectly situated for access to the CBD. Friendly, helpful staff with lovely rooms in this heritage building. The onsite cafe has good food and its a great place to watch the world pass by. Will use again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We only stayed one night here, a stopover, and the room was spacious and pleasantly furnished. The neighbourhood is a noisy one, so we asked for (on arrival) a quiet room and got it. Yes, the building is an historic one, but one enters down a passageway between cafes - the reception doesn't really do justice to the building itself.

Sydney
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was travelling to Brisbane for business and I chose the Albert because of its price and proximity to where I was having meetings. Being somewhat cheaper than other nearby locations and rated only 4* I didn't expect anything special. I'm glad to say my expectations were from.

Starting from the beautiful foyer, well-lit with artwork and newsclippings from the late 18th century, I was given a friendly greeting by a reception desk that was easy to find but in no way detracted from the "casual formal" nature of the place.

The hallways to my room were similarly beautifully decorated with a combination of artwork and period pieces such as a credenza containing a lovely Victorian tea set.

The room is in all ways a full studio apartment containing all the necessary amenities for a lengthy stay including laundry and kitchen with stove - I only wish I was staying long enough to fully appreciate it!

The furniture was comfortable and tasteful, including a large bed, 4-seat table, large Chesterfield sofa and a comfortable chair. The ceilings were lofty and the accoutrements were appropriate and tasteful.

I have to make special mention of the shower. One of my biggest complaints when travelling is showers with very low water pressure which makes showering an annoying chore rather than the relaxing experience it should be. The shower at the Royal Albert was like washing under a warm waterfall. It was better than home and something I miss already.

The only disappointment regarding my stay was its brevity. I will of course be back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Royal Albert was the third hotel I stayed in Brisbane with my husband and it has been the best so far. In fact it is so good that if I'm ever visiting Brisbane again, I'll just stay here. Not only that, our friend who's a local also said he would recommend it to all his out of town guests. The location is just perfect - it's smack centre of everything. Our room was a deluxe room that came with a hot stove, sink, kitchen accessories and washer/dryer. The bathroom was a good size. We had a comfy queen size bed and also another single bed which we didn't use but could be very helpful for groups of three. The hotel is a lovely heritage building. Yes it's not brand new and the carpeting can use a facelift but it didn't matter at all. I really appreciated the newspaper delivery every morning and you can purchase wifi for a reasonable charge (alternatively there are internet cafe's right around the corner). The front desk staff were very polite and friendly. Some reno work is being done to one of the elevators but it didn't cause any sort of obstruction. I highly recommend this hotel.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed in a suite for two nights which was very spacious and comfortable and everything you could possibly want provided. The hotel is quiet, elegantly decorated and the staff were very accommodating and friendly. In this convenient, central location, and for a quite moderate price, this is a fantastic place to stay in Brisbane.