“Excellent location and service”
Review of Royal On The Park

Royal On The Park
Ranked #30 of 170 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Our room overloookig the Botanical Gardens was clean and quiet, a bonus given the excellent central location of the hotel. All the satff were warm and friendly and were particularly helpful over organising the birthday cake for our father's 90th birthday. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brisbane

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Moffa34
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location of the hotel excellent.

Our team work very hard to ensure that all our guests are comfortable and treated like they are at home. It is great for them to see feedback such as your.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Royal on the Park in the future.

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 7 May 2011

I booked a mystery deal online for a twin room when I arrived we were upgraded for free. The room was really clean and beds were so comfortable. Only problem I had was the air conditioner wasn't working properly so it was a little bit warm when sleeping other then that the hotel was perfect I will defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking your time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I will be sharing your comments about your room cleanliness with our Executive Housekeeper - our entire housekeeping team work very hard to ensure high standards of cleanliness and feedback from guests recognising this is always appreciated.

I do apologise for the problems you experienced with your air conditioning system and would be keen to learn your room number so that I can have the unit checked by our engineers. Please do not hesitate to contact myself or the hotel Assistant Manager 24 hours per day if you are able to provide these details

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Regards

Reviewed 3 May 2011

It would be nice to have a few more rewards for people who stay regularly. I know I would stay more often if I could afford it. For me staying at the Royal allows me to safely access city shopping and weekend markets. I much prefer to stay at the Royal over many of the city hotels I have tried.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank SharonLH
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I recently stayed at Royal on the Park for a conference. It has an excellent location, a short walk to food/shops (Queen St Mall). The food in the hotel is somewhat expensive but that can be expected.

The rooms are a little small, as is the bathroom but it's fine for 1 or 2 people for a short stay. The beds were extremely comfortable and sleep quality was great.

The only things I could fault the hotel on was the pre-authorisation of my credit card for the bill when checking in, but after querying this with the staff, they explained they they had placed a hold on the money and it shouldn't already have come out of my account. I was even showed the receipt that the money wasn't authorised to come out as yet. Also, be prepared to pay $20 a night for parking.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay for tourists (as the reception desk is 24 hours) and business people.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank caseymelissa
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I stayed at Royal on the park for a conference and loved it. The foyer is open 24 hours, (yes when you come back at 3am there are actual people standing at reception) which I think is fantastic customer service. The foyer is very nice as well.
The appartment we stayed at had two queen sized beds, they are super comfortable to sleep on, the pillows are good too. We didn't order the buffet breakfast which is $20 per morning, the food is a little expensive, but its a hotel and all food and room service is expensive.
I didn't have time to check out the pool, or any of the other facilities so unfortunately I can't really comment on that. The only bad thing for my weekend was that parking is $20 per night.
This is a relatively cheap place to stay and is a very nice place for that matter. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank d_bell_10
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our Refreshed, Renewed and Refurbished hotel. We have received so many compliments regarding our new bedding, in particular the pillows – which is great to see because at the end of the day, a high quality bed is what all travelers crave.

With regards to your comment about our parking rates, most Brisbane CBD hotels do add a surcharge for parking – and recently upon completion of a survey of similar hotels we found ours to be the second cheapest in Brisbane.

I’m very happy to share your review with our team so they can be assured that their efforts in providing exception service do not go unnoticed.

Thank you once again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 2 May 2011

Service from front of house, dining, room service and bar was good, polite and friendly. Room comfortable, beds a little soft (for me) and with enough pillows, cushions, bolsters and comforters to open a small shop. Drawback was the connecting door to the next room and the usual level of ambient noise from any hotel and city. Even though the connecting door was not able to be opened next door's conversation level came straight through (they were not loud nor did they go to bed late, I could just hear every thing they did). Easy walk to town, restraunts, parks, transport.

Best thing: service, Wost thing: noisy (to me - others may think it's fine and it's certainly not the noisiest place I've been)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are very happy to read about your enjoyments.

Please accept my apologies for any noise you experiences coming from the interconnecting doors. We always try to avoid using those rooms for non-families, however, given how popular our new product has been that’s not always possible. If you so wish, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly and I can update your guest profile to ensure in future you don’t receive an interconnecting room.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us and we certainly do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2011

This is my first time staying here and it has some distinctive old world charm. The front desk and room service are excellent and the food and wine was first rate. The bed was very comfortable and sumptuous, but I wish they had spent less on the leather desk chair that I type this review on and more on the tv.

The NEC 81cm tv is at least 5 years old and is poor quality for a hotel that just had a refurbishment. The channel selection was attrocious for a $155 per night hotel ( and this apparently is the discounted rate.) Also the room did have a certain mustiness to it, which may be just due to the age of the hotel, but it could do with some fresh air. Also the bathroom facilities were ordinary and the soaps and shampoo were what I expect at a 3 star motel.

Overall a good experience but the $20 charge for parking is a nasty sting and should be included in the room rate. I would say if you what a hotel a bit different and want great food, then check out this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your experiences with other travelers.

I will be certain to share your comments with our entire service staff – they absolutely love reading appreciative comments such as yours and it shows them that the effort they put into providing exception service doesn’t go unnoticed. I will also be sure to pass on your feedback regarding our bathrooms and amenities to our Executive Housekeeper for her review as well.

With regards to your TV, about 70% of the hotel was fitted with brand new larger flat screen TV’s during the recent refurbishment, however some of the older flat screen NEC models are still in the hotel – If you wish I’m more than happy for you to contact myself personally and I can ensure your guest profile is updated for your next stay to ensure you receive a room with a new TV. We have already started reviewing our current TV channel and movie system with the aim to being able to provide more variety for our guests.

Finally – it’s great to see that you noted our exceptional food. We are so proud of our multi-award winning Executive Chef and his team who create some unbelievable culinary delights in our eyes.

Thank you once again and if I can be of any further service please do not hesitate to contact myself directly.

Regards,