“So Loved everything about this hotel, will be back real soon!”
Review of Royal On The Park

Royal On The Park
Ranked #30 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Gold Coast
“So Loved everything about this hotel, will be back real soon!”
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Stayed on the 02/09/11 and was so impressed from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. This hotel offers top class service with a smile and nothing was too much trouble, We stayed in an executive spa suite and OMG it was amazing. The bed was so good and I am very hard to please in this area.
Had everything you need and more. The room was perfect & clean and what more can I say.Will be back and this is my hotel choice when I stay in Brisbane now.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel.

Our mission is “Where Service Comes First” and it is a great testament to our team that you certainly experienced this.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your executive suite, however I am also pleased to advise that the renaissance of Royal on the Park continues with the recently announced refurbishment of our suites –the spacious suites will be refitted with brand new affluent furniture to compliment the floor to ceiling views over the Gardens and Brisbane River. You will need to be sure to make a reservation for a newly refurbished executive suite after they are finished in January 2012!!

Thank you once again and if you wish to share any other feedback please do not hesitate to contact myself directly on 07 3221 3411

Nick Ellis
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We booked this hotel in Brisbane for three nights via one of the random hotel offers from whatif/last minute. The hotel was excellent. A little old on the outside but the inside has plenty of charm. It was located close to the beautiful central park, right near the city, walk to anywhere. The hotel was clean and tidy, nicely appointed and the bed was a king. Staff were very friendly and there was also a basic gym on the top floor. There was a very large pool which we did not use as it was a little cool. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

Our team members are the heart of our hotel and I will take great pleasure in sharing your feedback with them.

Once again, thank you for your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

NSW, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The main thing the Royal has for it is the location. The actual hotel on the other hand is pretty average, the bathroom was tiny and the room wasn't much better, and old. On the otherhand the bed was wonderful and it was clean.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other users of TripAdvisor.

As you have pointed our, our location is perfect. I was surprised to read your comments about our rooms being old, as all our hotel rooms were fully refurbished in January 2011. I would be keen to learn your room number so that I can get our engineering team to give the room a deep clean.

Whilst our bathroom shave not been refurbished yet, we do have plans to refurbish these in 2012.

Brisbane
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This hotel has all of the nice trimmings you want. I had a very comfortable stay all except for being woken up by house-keeping in the morning with a knock on the door and then opening of the door twice, which really startled me, as I was still in bed. I am wondering if this was the hotel's way of getting rid of it's guests earlier so that they could get the next lot of guests in??

Pros:
Good bed...
Nice decor...
Bath-tub/shower in one...
Friendly reception..
Sizeable room, but not an apartment...

Cons:
Had mix-up at check-in that took about 30 minutes to fix...Didn't really bother me....
Being woken by house-keeping early in the morning. It wasn't just me, and no, it was no-where near the 11am check out time...Here we are at 8am on a Saturday morning with every single door on my floor receiving a knock on the door followed by someone opening and closing the doors again! I was so miffed and angry as I was working late the night before and needed to sleep in with another big day on today.

I won't stay at this hotel again, unless there are no other options for this very reason.

If you are the kind of person that wakes up before 8am anyway, then this is a very good choice of a hotel to stay in. You will get a good night's sleep in a nice, stylish and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Daz M
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments to us.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your room & its new décor and that our reception team we accommodating and helpful – I will be sure to thank them for this.

I was concerned to read about your check in experience – again I am pleased to see that you found the staff excellent, however I am surprised to see that your check in took 30 minutes. Our hotel standard is to perform all check ins (including waiting time) within three minutes and I would value some feedback from you on how we have failed to achieve this standard for you.

I also do recognise your comments regarding our housekeeping team agree with your comments about an 8 am start on Saturdays. I will personally raise the issue with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure the team is quiet when working on the floors.

Once again I thank you and if you do wish to speak further regarding your stay, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly

Victoria
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed here for one night on business.
A few days earlier, my travel agent had provided me four hotel options in the area and I chose this out of price alone as I was only staying for one night.
Check-in was a breeze and I was provided a room with two-double beds and an ample amount of pillows. While my room was on the 1st floor and I could hear the sounds from the street below, nevertheless, I had a very good sleep (I think the nice pillows did the trick).
While the hotel sits on Alice Street (the last street before the park and river), the hotel location is still good as everything (restos, cafes, the mall) is still walking distance.
I had a nice, hot buffet breakfast and there were sausages, eggs (scrambled and fried, grilled tomatoes, hash browns, among others. The fruit selection was also quite extensive. I was just a bit puzzled though that the coffee was charged separately from the brekkie as coffee is normally included as part of the breakfast in other hotels I've stayed in.
I actually took an evening walk around the area after checking in and remember telling myself that the hotel had a bit of a dated look. However, that didn't really matter because the short stay was pleasant and I have no qualms recommending this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank middlemanontheroad
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share you r experience with other travellers.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your newly refurbished room. With regards to your comments about street noise, although as you have recognized, the street noise is minimal, we are currently investigating options of having our building fully sound proofed.

I also thank you for passing your comments about our breakfast offerings. I will ensure these are shared with our executive Chef as our kitchen team always takes pride in serving and extensive choice of good quality food. With regards to your coffee, we do provide normal filtered tea or coffee included in the price for our buffet breakfasts, however a charge does apply for an espresso / premium style coffee. We are currently investigating options to have this included in the price of breakfast for next year.

This month we are also staring an update to the look and feel of the outside of our building. As Royal on the Park is one of the oldest hotels in Brisbane, we are very limited in being able to change the classic 1960’s architecture of the hotel. However, we will shortly be painting, cleaning and refreshing the outside of the hotel to provide a more contemporary feel.

Thank you once again for your comments and if there is anything further we can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact myself

Brissie
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Perfect location, and beautifully refurbished Hotel, central to everything in Brisbane--fantastic!

Room Tip: Room was perfect!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your kinds words.

We are so please that you enjoyed your stay and I will enjoy sharing your comments with our teams whom all work very hard for perfection

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Brilliantly comfortable beds, good location, quiet, nice view (select the park side rooms), good service, very clean. Biggest negative was the poor lighting in the bedroom, wholly inadequate for reading in bed - there were 2 double beds, but only one was at all lit (inadequately, by a curtain pelmet light one one side and a heavy-shaded table lamp on the other. The other had no lights, zilch.

Rooms had wireless and plug internet, but expect to pay - Australian hotels should wake up to themselves.

What was eccentric was that, by contrast, the tiny-but-adequate bathroom was lit up like a stadium. Also, both beds were massed with hilarious numbers of cushions (trade them in on more lights!). And the cleaners woke me up to come in to clean at 7.30am on the first day and on another day were noisily cleaning out the room opposite at after 10pm.

Room Tip: Park side is the pick
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are certainly glad to read that overall you stay was up to your expectations.

I am surprised by your comments regarding our lighting as all our rooms with two double beds feature pelmet lights, floor standing lamp as well as bedside lighting – but upon reading your review it appears your room did not have the bedside light. I would be keen to find out your room number so I may have this investigated and replaced if required. Please accept our apologies for this.

With regards to your comments about the pricing for internet, you are correct in stating that unfortunately the internet infrastructure within Australia is very limited on world standards, especially when compared to the US, Europe and Asia. As such it very costly to provide the internet services to all guests simultaneous due to the slow limitations of an ageing data network in Australia. Whilst our charges hotel are in line with other major CBD hotels, we would expect upon completion of the Australia National Broadband Network that the costs of internet would dramatically drop and that we would be happy to pass those savings onto our guests.

If you wish to contact myself directly, please do not hesitate to do so on 07 3221 3411