Royal On The Park
US$167
Hilton
US$66
  • Restaurant
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$124
US$150
  • Restaurant
Mercure Brisbane King George Square(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$85
  • Pool
Mantra Terrace Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$71
  • Room Service
Hotel Jen Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$97
HotelJen.com
US$220
US$181
Orbitz.com
US$69
1,319 results
All reviewsbotanic gardenswalnut restaurantwalnut roomacross the roadpark viewgreat locationthe riveralbert streetfree wifishort walkbuffet breakfastbit datedsouth bankrooms are largewithin easy walking distanceenjoyable stayqueen st mall
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My hubby and I stayed here for my birthday. Very convenient location for Southbank and the city.Rooms very clean and the beds and pillows very comfy, pillows the best I have ever laid upon ( yes I like to purchase some). Staff very polite and helpful. Had a free upgrade to a garden view.Which was nice as the city view didnt look to good. My only grumble was the tea served at breakfast time, the worst I have every tasted. No taste what so ever.

Room Tip: Always try and book a
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank for you sharing your experiences with us.

I will be sure to thank our housekeeping team on your behalf – they all work so hard to ensure our hotel is absolutely sparkling!

I do apologise for the tea – I have spoken with our Food and Beverage Manager about your comments and we have decided to review our tea and coffee offerings in the Walnut Restaurant & Lounge Bar – keep an eye on this space as we will announce soon a new, larger range of higher quality teas.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Regards

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I am intrigued to read the 'not happy' review as our experience of the Royal was the antithesis. The staff (and I mean all the staff we encountered - from the front desk to the kitchen) were charming, helpful and efficient. In fact I have never experienced staff that appear to be so genuinely helpful and courteous - even when I managed to lose my parking ticket in the first five minutes in the hotel!
The location is fabulous. The serenity of the Botanical Gardens is a relief from the city and gives fabulous walking access along the river to the restaurants, galleries and entertainment of Southbank as well as Eagle Street Pier.
Our family (aged 10 to 85) enjoyed the lovely rooms, the range and quality of the breakfast and the cooling dip in the pool. The beds are particularly comfortable with an array of beautiful soft pillows to collapse into. My son reveled in the luxury of a queen size bed to himself. The hotel decor, while not to my taste, is functional and well maintained as are all the furnishings and fittings.
We had no need for internet access but perhaps the cost needs to be re-examined by the hotel in order to attract regular business clientele.
All in all, we felt like we were treated with kindness and respect. What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: Although we had a room on the second floor, city side, we still had loads of natural light and a reasonable view. I thought that the park view rooms may be noisy because of the main road beside the hotel, but I suspect this fear was unfounded and the rooms are well insulated against noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maureen B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

All the teams that comprise Royal on the Park work so hard to ensure we will up to our mission of “where service comes first. I am truly grateful for the time you have taken to provide me with some genuine thanks and feedback to pass onto them. At the end of the day a pat on the back and word of thanks is one of our best tools to show our team we appreciate their efforts.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for some years now and recommended to colleagues over the bigger hotels, but my last two trips have resulted in me moving to others. The service and standards are on the decline here. I drove into reception in my sons ute after booking a secure carpark. They watched me unload my luggage, and couldn't find a carpark saying I had to park out the front of the hotel. Despite having preferred rooms I got one beside the elevators on the street side. Next I asked about internet and the charges were enormous. 20 minutes on skype cost $90. Hotels down the road such as Stamford now look competitive as internet is free. I complained about room and internet as I was staying the week and they were not very responsive. As such I moved hotels (and allegiances) to other hotels.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CentralQLDChalk
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback – as a regular guest of ours your views are very important to us.

Your comments regarding the arrival experience are both very concerning and disappointing. As you can see from our other reviews on TripAdvisor it is our team and the service they provide that has contributed to our successes to date. Your experience is certainly out of the ordinary and I would very much like to discuss this with you, so that I can take every possible step to avoid this happening again.

I was surprised to read your comments about our competitors internet pricing, as their internet is not provided free of charge to guests. It is only with the purchase of one of their premium room packages that internet is included. We also have a similar packaged room rate (Royal Rooms) that includes a high floor park view room with an upgraded mattress & bedding, buffet breakfast, free of charge internet or movie, premium amenities as well as access to our pool and gym and bottled water.

If you choose not to package internet access with a room rate, we offer four pricing modes based on our guests different requirements – the $90 plan you refer to provides you internet access for a full 7 days and this price is in line with most Brisbane CBD hotels. Due to the anonymous nature of this forum, I am unable to verify that the charge processed onto your account was correct, however I would encourage you to please contact myself directly on the number below so that I may investigate it. If indeed you have been charged $90 for a connection lasting only 20 minutes, I will offer a full refund instantly – I agree that $90 for only 20 minutes is unacceptable.
Please do accept my apologies for your substandard stay with us and I would truly appreciate the chance to speak directly with you regarding the issues you have raised. Please feel free to contact myself directly at anytime on 07 3221 3411.

With many thanks & regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2012

This hotel whilst not right in the center of the city it is around three blocks away. The real bonus is that it is right opposite the botanic gardens and the Brisbane river, a great place to walk.

The rooms have been renovated and are clean and a good size, you can have a view over the city or the gardens.

Lots of good restaurants close by.

Definitely recommend it

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Columbus1958

Dear Guest

As you mention our location is perfect, being only three blocks away from the city center allows us to be just far enough out to avoid all the hassles of city street access and associated noise, but close enough so that we are walking distance from all the Brisbane has to offer.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights after our visit to Northern Queensland and Fiji. We were very pleased that we picked this Hotel. Its location is perfect to explore Brisbane without a car.
A walk across the street and you are in the botanical gardens. If you are up to a longer stroll, you can walk through the gardens and get to the South Bank area and from here access the river.
Also its only a 10 minute walk into the main city area for the shops and restaurants.
We arrived at the hotel mid morning and were expecting to have to wait until the afternoon to get into our room but it was ready for us straight away.
The staff at reception were extremely helpful, we needed to find a pharmacy late one evening and they phoned through to the closest one checking that it was still open, saving us a lot of time searching for one !
We ate in the Walnut restaurant and had a lovely meal, staff in the restaurant and bar area also look after you well.
The room was large and clean, if I was to make one very small criticism, it would be the plastic shower curtain, they do get mouldy quickly and then smell !
My 9 year old son loved the pool area, which is lovely to come back to after spending a long hot day exploring the city.
We would definitely return to the Royal On The Park and would highly recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in friendly Hotel in a great location in Brisbane.

Room Tip: We booked a garden view room and were very pleased we did.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alison T
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with other travelers.

I was so pleased to read that you found our Front Office & restaurant staff welcoming, professional and helpful – our team is the backbone of the hotel and they certainly live up to our Mission Statement of “Where Service Comes First”.

I note with interest your comments about the shower curtain and am pleased to advise that on Monday of next week we begin installation of glass shower screens into every bathroom in the hotel. We expect the process to take up to two weeks (a very quick turnaround due to our dedicated maintenance team!) and can assure you that from the start of February – there will be no more shower curtains at Royal on the Park.

We are also very glad to read that your son enjoyed the pool area – certainly a highlight of our facilities. Keep a close eye out on our back lawn area as soon we will be offering High Tea and Croquet by the pool.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,