“Great location, wonderful rooms”
Review of Royal On The Park

Royal On The Park
Ranked #29 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The hotel is in such a great location, we stumbled upon it while checking out the downtown core of Brisbane. The lobby and hotel from outside looks dated, but make no mistake the rooms are fantastic. Clean, up to date, roomy - I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Eisaacs
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and for your stay with us at Royal on the Park.

I was so pleased to read that you couldn’t rate us high enough. I will be sure to pass on my personal thanks to our teams on your behalf for achieving our mission of ”Where service comes first”

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Very nice hotel, lovely foyer. On arrival I was upgraded to a large Park View room on 2nd floor. The room was very quiet, well laid out and had large full-length windows. The bed was extremely comfortable. Bathroom was very nice after the hotels recent renovations. The location was easily accessible by public transport as there is a Taxi rank outside and the Free City Loop Bus stopped across the road at the entrance to the Botanical Gardens. Reception staff were very friendly at check-in, and the Concierge was very helpful when I had a problem with a failed shuttle bus pick-up to the airport. He twice attempted to contact the company for me and got me a taxi to the airport. I will definitely choose this hotel in the future because of its quality, comfort, great location and excellent staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest

I thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time out of your schedule to provide your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you loved our new rooms and our bathroom met your expectations.

We certainly are spoiled with the transport options provided at the hotel – multiple taxi ranks, ferry stops, free city loop buses and of course a choice of various private shuttles, tours as well as two options for hiring bikes are located within 200 metres of our front door. That’s doesn’t even begin on our street access for drivers with the main freeway to both the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast located at the bottom of our street.

I will be sure to pass on your thanks direct to our front office and concierge team – they all work so hard to provide the unparalleled levels of service we lavish on our guests and they do appreciate a pat on the back every now and then!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We arrived in the morning and requested a room earlier than normal check in time, front desk staff were polite and helpful and organised a room within the hour for us. We stayed in a deluxe garden view room, that was very clean and spacious but had a small bathroom in comparison. The beds are great, very roomy and comfortable, lots of pillows to choose from. The windows are large with beautiful views of the garden out the front and the glimpses of the river behind. There was no street noise at all and no noise of neighbouring rooms which made for a pleasant nights sleep.
The hotel was only a 10 minute walk from central railway station, it was located right next to several eateries, shops, there were taxi's waiting out the front at all times we were there but we did not need any as we were in the heart of the city to walk around and the wharf for the ferry was a very short walk away and made it extremely quick and easy to be able to explore across the river and see more of Brisbane city.
I reccommend taking up the hotels offer and requesting complimentary check out at midday.
The only negative we noticed was upon entering the foyer and lifts there was a distinct smell which was quite unpleasant because it was extremely strong scented.
Overall, I can not wait to stay here again. Great hotel, great location, with great staff!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share you experiences with us.
I was pleased to read that our front desk team were accommodating with your early arrival and that you found your room spacious and clean.

Although we are in a quieter part of the city, our area is experiencing growth like no other in Brisbane. We have taken proactive steps to begin installing 12mm double glazed glass soundproofing into all our guest rooms starting early next month. I was glad to see that you didn’t need it but I can assure you next time you stay your room will be even quieter!
I was intrigued when I read your comments regarding the smell in our foyer as we scent the foyer only with fresh flowers twice a week. I would be interested to learn the dates of your stay as earlier this month we replaced the entire ground floor carpets and also upgraded our front desk with a new marble top – during this process there was a distinct smell of solvents used to adhere the renovations, however this smell is only a memory now.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and we cannot wait to welcome you back!

Regards

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We spent three very pleasant nights at the Royal. Reception was welcoming and helpful, the room was spacious and light, with floor to ceiling windows, and the bathroom had a powerful shower (and bath), though the shower temperature needed a delicate touch. As good as the room, though, was having both the CBD and the Botanic Gardens on the doorstep. The Gardens provided the perfect relief from the city, as well as a quick walk to the riverside and across to the South Bank.
One tip: the Hotel has a great value car service for the airport, cheaper and better than a taxi and as cheap for a couple as the Shuttle Bus.

• Stayed: February 2012
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was pleased to see that you found our reception team welcoming – they really do embody the hotels mission of “where service comes first”.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I recently stayed here on a business trip. I attempted to check in at 9am however as I was so early my room was not ready. The front desk stored my luggage and I went to meetings for the day. On return I was instantly recognised, my bags were given to me and I was shown to my room. All staff from the front desk, restaurant and housekeeping were warm, friendly and efficient. The room was modern and comfortable. The buffet breakfast was equivalent to that of a five star hotel. A fantastic hotel!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
ROTP_RDM, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am so pleased to read that you found our teams exceptional and enjoyed our new rooms. I will enjoy sharing this feedback with them.

We will all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2012

My hubby and I stayed here for my birthday. Very convenient location for Southbank and the city.Rooms very clean and the beds and pillows very comfy, pillows the best I have ever laid upon ( yes I like to purchase some). Staff very polite and helpful. Had a free upgrade to a garden view.Which was nice as the city view didnt look to good. My only grumble was the tea served at breakfast time, the worst I have every tasted. No taste what so ever.

Room Tip: Always try and book a
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank for you sharing your experiences with us.

I will be sure to thank our housekeeping team on your behalf – they all work so hard to ensure our hotel is absolutely sparkling!

I do apologise for the tea – I have spoken with our Food and Beverage Manager about your comments and we have decided to review our tea and coffee offerings in the Walnut Restaurant & Lounge Bar – keep an eye on this space as we will announce soon a new, larger range of higher quality teas.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Regards

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I am intrigued to read the 'not happy' review as our experience of the Royal was the antithesis. The staff (and I mean all the staff we encountered - from the front desk to the kitchen) were charming, helpful and efficient. In fact I have never experienced staff that appear to be so genuinely helpful and courteous - even when I managed to lose my parking ticket in the first five minutes in the hotel!
The location is fabulous. The serenity of the Botanical Gardens is a relief from the city and gives fabulous walking access along the river to the restaurants, galleries and entertainment of Southbank as well as Eagle Street Pier.
Our family (aged 10 to 85) enjoyed the lovely rooms, the range and quality of the breakfast and the cooling dip in the pool. The beds are particularly comfortable with an array of beautiful soft pillows to collapse into. My son reveled in the luxury of a queen size bed to himself. The hotel decor, while not to my taste, is functional and well maintained as are all the furnishings and fittings.
We had no need for internet access but perhaps the cost needs to be re-examined by the hotel in order to attract regular business clientele.
All in all, we felt like we were treated with kindness and respect. What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: Although we had a room on the second floor, city side, we still had loads of natural light and a rea...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Maureen B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

All the teams that comprise Royal on the Park work so hard to ensure we will up to our mission of “where service comes first. I am truly grateful for the time you have taken to provide me with some genuine thanks and feedback to pass onto them. At the end of the day a pat on the back and word of thanks is one of our best tools to show our team we appreciate their efforts.