Hi everyone back again with a new review, this time in Australia. My partner and I have just stayed at this hotel which we took an Executive Spa Suite. The hotel itself has under gone a refurbishment/upgrade and I have to say our Suite was beautiful especially with the views over the Botanic Gardens, the bed was to die for so comfortable in all a great Suite. Now a few problems we struck and some criticisms. First of all there was no mini bar menu in the room, no pillow menu and we found that the mini bar had not been checked so nearly charged for goods we did not have. There are 3 umbrellas by the pool not nearly enough especially with Brisbane's hot sun, although I must say the biggest pool I've encountered in Brisbane. The 2 toilets in the Suite did not flush properly and had no ventilation so the smells lingered, we had to open the Suites entrance door to aerate the room. They have a 24 hour room service menu, but when we went to order where told they only had Chips and Pizza, ordered 2 of each, took 1 and half hours and then they dropped one of the pizzas and tool would have to make another, not at all good. The staff in the restaurant and the front desk, excluding a lovely lady on check in where stuffy, pompous and generally quite rude, we where charge parking which on booking where told would be free and Paul on the desk was quite rude dealing with taking it off the bill, totally not a good person to have dealing face to face with clients. All in all people, we will never stay at this hotel again, even though we loved the room. Be quite aware that Breakfast is an extra $25.00 Continental and $35.00 Cooked, and you will be slugged $25.00 for parking even though you park yourself, also the porters are not exactly that, they just deliver the luggage to the room, it is up to you to get it out of your car. Good luck I feel for the price $379.00 per night you could do a lot better else where.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal on the Park is conveniently located just a 5 minute stroll away from Brisbane's CBD and popular Queen Street Mall shopping precinct. Facing the Beautiful Botanic Gardens at the green end of the CBD, it gives the feeling of being in a calm oasis. Outside the front door, age-old Moreton Bay fig trees, soaring bamboo and ancient travellers' palms stand sentinel opposite the hotel. Royal on the Park features 153 spacious guest rooms and suites, tailoring amenities and services to both leisure and business travellers! All guests, diners and delegates can enjoy complimentary hi speed wifi with no download limits. The Walnut Restaurant has consistently remained a favourite venue for local visitors and regular hotel diners. Ask about our new a la carte menu featuring fresh local produce from Queensland farmers. For those with fitness in mind, the largest in-ground hotel pool in Brisbane together with spa and top floor gymnasium provide the freedom to relax and unwind or to enjoy an energetic work-out. A kick start to the day is made easy with an invigorating early morning jog around the numerous pathways of the Botanic Gardens. The hotel is well renowned for its in room facilities. Combining digital free to air television, Foxtel and satellite channels from around the world. A wide selection of pay per view blockbuster movies and favourites for adults and children alike. 37 radio stations combining local AM and FM channels with international flavour. This combines for a total of 188 viewing and listening opportunities. Whether you are looking for a conference venue, planning a Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner or perhaps even a Wedding, the hotel has up to 8 elegant function rooms to select from, catering up to 800 cocktail style or 400 banquet style. Guests of Royal on the Park are well placed to enjoy the range of leisure activities in Brisbane. It's just a boardwalk stroll along the water's edge to the Riverside Markets and an abundance of restaurants and al fresco cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Royal On The Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal On The Park Hotel Brisbane
- Royal On The Park Brisbane
- Park Royal