“Perfect location!”
Review of Royal On The Park

Royal On The Park
Ranked #31 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Spent a night here so we could enjoy a friend's wedding over in the South Bank area & leave the car parked at the hotel. The walk to the ceremony via the Botanical Gardens across the road was a pleasure; then after the reception it was an easy stroll back for a good night's sleep.

Breakfast was good; gluten free toast supplied when I requested it; staff seem happy & helpful which is always an appreciated combination.

Would stay again; often some good discounted rates if you check.

Didn't have time but noticed there's a pool & a croquet lawn (want to check that out) - next time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Jacqui_Bee
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent visit. We are perfectly located opposite the Botanic Gardens and provide a central base for weddings or exploring Brisbane. Our chefs can cater to any dietary requirement whilst maintaining the quality and flavour of the dish. At the rear of the hotel we have a very large outdoor pool, spa and croquet lawn. There are also plenty of deck chairs and space to relax and enjoy our complimentary wifi.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a good place to stay if you want to be in central Brisbane. I've stayed here several times over the last fifteen years, but this the first time since the room updates. They are better, though some of the fixtures are not the best quality (eg loo seat that will not stay up). The place has a great 'friendly and personal' atmosphere, and includes wifi in the price. For Brisbane (generally outrageously expensive) the room price with breakfast not bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear mark p
Thank you for sharing your feedback after your recent stay. I am pleased that you have stayed at the Royal many times over the years and I trust you will continue to do so in the future. All staff strive to give personal and efficient service and what you experienced was no exception. We believe that wifi should be free and we were at the forefront of bringing this to Brisbane hotels.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

As a volunteer for an international conference, it was quite a stressful experience for myself and others. But the staff at the Royal on the Park hotel were absolutely fantastic. Whenever help was needed, they were there to lend a hand. I don't think there wasn't a time where a staff member wasn't smiling and being so helpful.

The delegates of the conference were very impressed with the initiative and the willingness to help by the staff also and the venues are just beautiful. The delegates who stayed in the hotel had nothing but the best things to say about the rooms, the service, and especially the food. The food was definitely a knockout as there was always a wide variety of choices where all choices catered to every dietary requirement possible. Every plate was at top quality and definitely 5 star.

I would have to say the highlight of the conference was the willingness to help by the reception, restaurant and waiting/food preparation staff. If there was a problem, it would be rectified within seconds of making an enquiry.

Royal in the Park is definitely a 5 star hotel and I definitely recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Tristan W
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after the conference held last week. All staff felt honoured to play their part in making the conference a success and truly felt invested in providing the very best service. Assisting guests with vision impairment provided a unique opportunity for the team to offer personal touches to each interaction. Our chefs can cater for all dietary requirements by amending our existing menu or creating an entirely new dish and they relish these opportunities to showcase their creativity. We look forward to the conference returning next year.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here for three nights to attend a conference which was being held at the hotel. The hotel was in a great location, opposite the Botanic Gardens and about 5-10 minutes' walk to the shopping area of the city. The hotel's decor is a luxurious, charming, classic style, and while some have commented the decor is old-fashioned, I found it very comfortable and relaxing. The buffet breakfast is excellent - there are a wide range of hot and cold options. I especially enjoyed the fresh fruit and juices.

The staff were friendly and welcoming. I was very happy on the day I arrived, at 8am, after a very early flight from New Zealand, when I went to check in, assuming I would have to leave my bag until the check-in time at 2pm, but they were able to give me my room straight away. It made a real difference to my stay that day!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear w3ndytravels
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay, particularly our location, opposite the Botanic Gardens, buffet breakfast and the classic style of the hotel. An early check in, particularly when travelling from overseas can make a huge difference to the overall enjoyment of a trip and I'm glad we could accommodate your needs.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was so looking forward to staying in this hotel but I have to say I was dissapointed. Check in was fast, efficient and friendly, no problems at all. We were given our swipe card and went up to floor 6 to our room. When we opened the door we were knocked out with the smell of cigarette fumes and as we are both non smokers it really annoyed us. I called down to reception and they told us to come down and we would be given a different room. We lugged all our things down to the lobby again, we weren't offered any assistance. We were given a different room, this one was on floor 7. The bathroom had bits of mould in some of the bathroom tiles which was indeed off putting. The bed was comfortable to us, although quite soft. I wanted to purchase a bear but the ones in the room which we were told we could buy, were tatted and worn and missing whiskers. On checkout I asked if I could buy a new bear I was told they had no ribbons to go around the bears necks, so striked out again, as i wanted the Royal on the park ribbon on the bear. View of the botanical rivers was nice out of the window.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear vicki_kilroy
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay. I was pleased that your check in was fast, efficient and friendly. I was disappointed that you were greeted with cigarette smoke when you arrived at your floor. All public areas and guest rooms at Royal on the Park are 100% non-smoking and guests are charged a substantial cleaning fee if they choose to disregard this. I apologise that you were not offered assistance to move to a new room and the cleanliness of the bathroom was not up to standard. The Housekeeping team are investigating this matter. We support the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital through the sale of Royal Bears with money from the sale going directly to the hospital to fund vital research. This is a endeavour that all staff believe in and support. I am sorry that we could not fulfil this need during your check out and we have since ordered more stock to ensure this does not happen in future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Central location but opposite the Botanic Gardens so not too much traffic. Everything works well in a sightly old fashioned hotel. Bathrooms could do with an update, although everything very clean and comfortable. I had no problems with a soft bed as did another contributor. I thought it to be a pretty food one, although I was jet-lagged and so perhaps not best able to judge.
A big thank you for allowing me to check in very early after a long flight (almost worth the 5th star!
Complimentary internet at quite good speed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nathanwaks

Dear nathanwaks
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay. I was pleased to read that the team were able to accommodate your check in early in the morning as it can make such a big difference when travelling. We enjoy a wonderful location and our complimentary, 100MPS wifi with no download limits is sure to please.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We visited in April. Disappointed that due to a late flight in we missed the restaurant & bar. Pool in the morning was gorgeous, although no facilities at pool level. Just across the road from the Bot Gardens made a beautiful start to the day. A bit pricey but we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Due to trees couldn't really see much on the park side but on the other side it would just be bu...