Royal On The Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$168
US$157
  • Room Service
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$131
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$71
US$68
TripAdvisor
1,307 results
All reviewsbotanic gardenswalnut restaurantwalnut roomacross the roadpark viewgreat locationthe riveralbert streetfree wifishort walkbuffet breakfastbit datedsouth bankrooms are largewithin easy walking distanceenjoyable stayqueen st mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2014

"Traditional Elegance, meets Contemporary Style" - we loved this place from the moment we set foot inside the door. The genuinely friendly and helpful staff in all areas of the hotel make for a great atmosphere, The décor is reminiscent of timeless grandeur. Nespresso coffee machine in the room allows you to enjoy your own coffee while looking out over the botanical gardens. Bed was really comfortable and free wireless broadband more than met our requirements. Buffet breakfast is truly first class, Royal on the Park is close to the the city shops and within walking distance of Southbank. We hope to return soon!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the botanic gardens have a great view and are quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PuketiraDeer
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed one night at Royal On The Park before flying back to Melbourne. We enjoyed our stay the room was very clean and the beds comfy. We booked the deal with parking and breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children included in the price. We were given a room with a view over the Botanic Gardens. The check in staff were really helpful, even printing out our boarding passes for our flight home. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, lots to choose from and we were very full after. Would definitely stay here again next time we're in Brisbane.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Botanic Gardens
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beckymay71
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Beckymay71
Thank you for sharing your review after your recent visit. Our large rooms are comfortable for families or single travellers with thoughtful additions to suit both. The view of the sun breaking through the canopy of the Botanic Gardens is a great way to start the morning. The buffet breakfast served in the Walnut Restaurant has a wide variety of dishes to suit every taste and dietary requirement. I was pleased that the staff at reception printed your boarding passes as the extra, thoughtful touches always make the difference, especially when travelling with children.
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next travel to Brisbane.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had always wanted to stay at 'Royal' so on a recent one night trip to Brisbane I booked for three adults. The check-in was fine, except I was a little confused re the parking as I didn't realise you could park anywhere when I saw the numbered spots and had to go back in and check. We didn't really deal with staff much at all, but they were friendly and helpful 'Royal' has a retro vibe which I like- and we were upgraded from a city view to park view - which was nice. We had missed out on one of the 'sizzling' packages as there was none available for that night when I booked- as the parking would have been free + 2x b'fasts. The room was obviously fairly recently refurbished and was immaculate- not a mark on the walls etc. The park view was lovely and the room was very quiet as well as a decent size- plenty of room for three adults with 2x queen beds. I slept very well and found the bed comfortable. The shower over bath is not my favourite- but many quality hotels have this. I really like the location as it is in my preferred area between Queen St and the Botanic Gardens so just a short walk everywhere we wanted to go and very easy to access when driving from the south and when exiting the city. I hope to stay again as I thought the standard was very good, but my choice is often reliant on pricing and I have tried a number of hotels in the CBD where specials have been available. We preferred to eat out for dinner and breakfast, but I'm sure it is very nice.

Room Tip: You may get an upgrade, so don't worry if you want to save by booking city view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear havaholiday
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay. I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay and the photos attached to your review. We enjoy a fantastic location opposite the Botanic Gardens yet close enough to the CBD that shopping, transport and dining is only a short walk away. Our rooms are large enough to accommodate 3 adults comfortably and we take great pride in maintaining the classic style of the hotel.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My second visit and I was not disappointed. Very comfortable, great friendly service, and lovely food.
Lovely view over the park, but still very quiet.
V convenient to the centre of Brisbane but feels apart from it.
I will be back

Room Tip: I stayed on level 5 this time which was a good view for the gardens
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Roberta R
Thank you for taking the time to share your review after another great stay. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your second stay even more than your first. I receive a lot of feedback about our location, sharing your thoughts about it being a central location but removed enough to feel away from the fast pace of the CBD. We look forward to your third stay, and many more to come being even more enjoyable.
Kind Regard

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed one night there for attending a wedding nearby. The hotel is ok for what I paid but the female staff who checked me in was very rude. I had a strong feeling that she was not happy to serve me.Oh later I saw her face on the hotel advertisement on their outside wall!
My room was on the first floor. As soon as you walked out the lift, I had a shock as the look of the area and corridor were very old and disgusting. It was then better when I stepped inside the room. The room was spacious, clean & tidy. There were signs of wear & tear but as a whole it's worth what I paid. One last thing was there was coffee colour liquid coming out from the sink's tap, very freaky!
Breakfast & car parking were included and they were just ok.

Room Tip: Newly renovated room perhaps
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaroochydoreLam
Dale J, Manager at Royal On The Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear MaroochydoreLam
I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay. I apologise that the service you received at check in was far below expectations and much less than I expect of the team. Royal on the Park is 45 years young and we take pride in maintaining the façade and décor of this classic hotel. I apologise that this was not to your liking and due to recent upgrades to water and pipes both in and around the hotel we have experienced some discolouration with our water however this has since been addressed.
Warm Regards