Sofitel Brisbane Central
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
  • Room Service
US$71
US$68
  • Restaurant
Mantra South Bank, Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$131
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$86
Trip.com
US$91
4,352 results
All reviewsthe club loungethyme restaurantluxury roomanzac squareseafood buffettrain stationfive star hotelpillow menunespresso machinean upgradebed and pillowsvalet parkingqueen street mallmini barbonjourcityescalator
FilterAll languages

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I have a colleague who had a terrible experience here, but travelling here with my family we really enjoyed it. The lobby has a good atmosphere, smells great (they were burning a fig scented candle when we were there I think) and the staff were the friendliest and most helpful we found in our Australian travels. The slightly French touch was quite sweet and a nice homage to the french Sofitel chain owners. The room was good, beds comfortable and all was clean and pleasant. The restaurant was good but if you have kids you seem to be seated in a cloistered area which was disconcerting. However I guess this allows the rest of the world to get on with enjoying themselves there which folks certainly were - lots of Christmas celebrations were going on, and I can see why people would choose the Sofitel for that. Would definitely return if in Brisbane again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel Brisbane Central. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I was pleased to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us on your visit to Australia.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

At $300 a night (unless you get a special) It is not the best serviced Motel. At reception we were not offerred our bags taken to the room, even when I was struggling and there were plenty of trolley boys. The room safe was not unlocked and it took them an hour to come and fix it. They disregarded the do not disturb sign on the door and knocked, waking us. I had requested they don't come as we were sleeping. The Motel smelt like stale cigarettes and not a nice smell. They were not friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Brisbane Central. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, particularly in relation to the service you received from our Concierge department on your arrival at the hotel; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. The hotel is currently refurbishing all of our guest rooms and corridors and we hope to have this work completed by April of this year.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

This is a business hotel located in the centre of Brisbane. It's location is just one of many positive features. I caught the train from the airport directly to a station that is right under the hotel (I think the station was called "Central"). This made getting to and from the airport cheap and easy. The hotel itself was also impressive - check in was quick and simple - ask about standby discount upgrades - for and extra 80 dollars I got an upgrade too suite and Sofitel club access. The suit was very nice - way too much room, immaculately clean and L'Occitane products. The highlight of my stay was the Sofitel Club which is included with a suite - the club is on the top floor of the hotel - great way to see Brisbane - they have a work centre and stuff and you can also check out there too. But the best part is the evening cocktails and canapés and breakfast the next morning (anywhere that serves complimentary champagne at 8 am is doing things right). Overall strongly recommended.

Room Tip: The suite was really nice - ask about discount standby upgrades on check in.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sofitel Brisbane Central. It was pleasing to learn that you enjoyed the convenience of catching the Airtrain direct to the hotel and also that you enjoyed our Club Lounge and the facilities it offers.