“Brisbane Pre-Assignment”

Ranked #29 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Katy, Texas
“Brisbane Pre-Assignment”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The room was clean, bed was comfortable and it was quiet. The staff, particularly in the club lounge were friendly and professional. I thought the wifi charges were high and should include unlimited downloads.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Chris B

I appreciate your feedback following your recent stay with us whilst visiting Brisbane and will share your feedback with our team. Our internet prices are competitive within our market and we do also offer complimentary Wi-Fi access in our lobby and I apologize if you were not made aware of this during your stay.

Thank you for your review and I hope to be able to welcome you back again the next time you visit Brisbane.

Sofitel Brisbane Central

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Excellent service and beautiful hotel short uphill walk from CBD.
Rooms are very well-set out and luxurious.
Quite expensive compared with some of the other hotels in the CBD but great for a short or special trip.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear auspoot

I was pleased to read your review following your recent stay with us and to learn that you found our location and closeness to the CBD to be convenient for you.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel end of January for 4 nights. Great stay from the moment you enter the hotel. Service is always friendly at the front desk, they are really great persons working there and you feel welcomed. Had a modern and large size room quite high up in the building, everything nice and housekeeping friendly and helpful. Restaurant nice, great food and exceptional service, nothing too much for them, same in bar - you can just enjoy. Breakfast extensive, quite expensive, mut you get a good start for the coming day. Great hotel - meets the standard you expect from a Sofitel hotel. Would absolutely stay there again if going to Brisbane - great staff makes this hotel what it is.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear frihet30

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay with us whilst visiting Brisbane. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and to learn that you thought so highly of our staff. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back should you visit Brisbane again.

Beecroft
Reviewed 26 February 2014

It is hard for a 5 star hotel to get a good rating from me. I regularly stay in them for business and one is much the same as another. They are usually more expensive and I expect more for my money. I often feel that the friendliness of the staff is not really genuine but just part of the expensive package.

The Sofitel Brisbane would seem to be an exception to the rule. I don't know whether it is the hotel training or the natural friendliness of Queenslander's but we were may to feel genuinely at home.

And now for my usual GF rating:

I would now rate the Brisbane Sofitel as the best Hotel I have stayed for not only catering for coeliacs but seemingly understanding the how critical it is for them not to consume even the smallest crumb containing gluten. Not only did the Sofitel Brisbane provide a buffet containing gluten free pastries (along with other options) it went to the trouble of providing a separate toaster for gluten free bread. Gluten Intolerance may not feel like a big deal to some but the Sofitel staff showed knowledge, understanding and genuine caring.

Room Tip: Join Accor Advantage Plus
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Phydeaux69

I was delighted to read your review following your recent stay with us and to learn that you rated our hotel so highly, and that our staff made you feel valued and welcomed during your stay.

I am sure that our Executive Chef Patrice and his kitchen brigade will also be delighted to read your comments on the Gluten Free options that the hotel provides for its guests.

Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you visit Brisbane.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Used to stay here a lot and was good, recent stay was disappointing tired room in need of renovation, hotel doesn't give Accor points "the owner doesn't want to" according to reception awful air conditioning in room and a bed used so much it dipped at the side! Topping it off was being woken up twice by a maintenance guy insisting he fix my light that I never reported as broken! He wasn't taking no for an answer!
Gym is ok bit small in weights area but adequate, I've always liked the outdoor pool and spa.

Shame used to be excellent, would have thought as a regular guest previously you may have got a decent room. I'll go back to other hotels that offer better value in Brisy.

Location excellent for train station if that's important.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Don2156

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and provide us with your honest and constructive feedback. It was disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us on this occasion and you felt our standards had declined. I will certainly follow up with our Maintenance and Housekeeping departments regarding the points you raised. At present the hotel does not participate in the Le Club points program and I apologize if you were not advised of this prior to making your reservation.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

brisbane
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We checked in the hotel it was a very good process last 5 mins to check in, we got into the lift got to our room it was one of the refurbishment rooms it was lovely done we stay in a club room the bed was to die for so comfortable the bathroom was very nice with the toiletries, we went up to the top floor to club sofitel it was very nice indeed we had the free drinks and the canapes the sushi was so lovely then we had the breakfast next day it was bloody gorgeous the French pastries so fresh everything else was hot and fresh I would definitely stay at this hotel again can't wait to go back I give it 9/10

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear woody71Brisbane

I was delighted to read your review following your recent stay with us and to learn that you enjoyed sleeping in our wonderful Sofitel MyBeds. I am sure our Executive Chef and his team will also be delighted to read your comments on their breakfast menu, in particular the French pastries.

Thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed recently for 1 night in a upgraded King Suite. Overall the stay was pleasant with nice facilities and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Staff we're friendly and efficient. Minor feedback would be to upgrade the televisions they were very old and almost antiques!! However the hotel management need to urgently review the great parking rip off. 45 bucks a night when you are paying over 300 a night is nothing more then a rip off so beware of this rip off and voice your complaints to management!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StevenKC
Dear StevenKC

I appreciate your review following your recent stay with us and did note your comments regarding the car parking charges. Parking in the CBD is at a premium and it is common for hotel’s to charge guests for this service and I apologize if you were not made aware of these charges at the time of making your reservations.

Thank you for feedback and I hope to be able to welcome you back again the next time you visit Brisbane.

Yours Sincerely