“Always a Pleasure”

Ranked #28 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed a few days in Brisbane after a 28 hour flight and the beauty of this hotel is its excellent location in the centre of Brisbane and ease of access off the airport train. Entrance into the hotel i just of the main concourse and another great help are the station staff who took us through the ticket barriers and showed us theventrance. A great welcome to Australia.
The Sofitel staff were excellent and very welcoming. From the start to our leaving I felt they were really helpful and were so friendly.
The room was standard but well maintained, clean and oh the bed and pillows after such a long flight were so comfortable! The only gripe was a continuing problem with the tv and some up grade is probably needed. Any large hotel is always going to show some signs of wear and tear but overall it's in a good state.
Breakfast is vast and worth at least one sitting. Possibly a little on the expensive side but compares well to other similar hotels in major cities. Close by are plenty of good breakfast places and it's good to get out and watch the world go by.
It was good value for our stay and the staff and room comfort made a great start to our holiday.
If you are using the airport train and have a paper ticket there is only one exit you can use at Brisbane Central. Best to look lost like us and someone will help.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear geofflp

Thank you for taking the time to write such a review on your recent stay with us whilst visiting from the UK. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel’s central location so convenient. I did note your comments regarding problems with the TV in your room and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I trust you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Australia and hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel should you visit Brisbane again.

Dannevirke, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My partner stayed at the Sofitel for two nights on a recent visit to Brisbane. We booked a Junior Suite and the experience was as we expected. Terrific staff and amenities. Room was large and faultless. Everything we expected was there. Ordered room service on our first night and were given a time of thirty minutes. Meal arrived before the time limit and was well presented and hot.

We booked a spa at Stephanies Day Spa and weren't disappointed.

We would recommend this Hotel to everyone and will certainly stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Probably the room on the upper floor overlooking ANZAC Square.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rich L
Dear Rich L

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Brisbane. It was pleasing to read that we met your expectations across so many levels and I will share your feedback with our ambassadors.

Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Brisbane.

Townsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Short trip to Brisbane for concert and shopping in mall and trip to Southbank Markets, staff were very helpful the closeness to the mall a bonus no need for transport. The only negative was at Harlequin bar had steak for evening meal no steak knife supplied.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Diane M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent trip to Brisbane. I did note your comments regarding the missing cutlery in Harlequin Jack and apologize for this oversight. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the hotel’s central location and that our staff were so helpful.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sofitel Brisbane Central.
Katherine, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I booked this hotel using my accor advantage complimentary night and I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. I chose the sofitel for its proximity to Central as I was staying with my mother who has mobility issues. The only positives were that we were able to check in about 1 1/2 hours early, the deserts at lunch and comfortable beds.

We were given a room on the 12 floor and our view was of a rooftop. While the beds were comfortable (2doubles) I was surprised at how small the room was. The bathroom was adequate but was surprised at the amount of dust behind the containers that held the toiletries on the countertop. We were provided with one each of shampoo, conditioner, soap, body lotion, body wash and various others eg cotton tips, sanitary bags, nail files. Was surprised not to see toothbrush set or shaving kit.

After unpacking we went downstairs to the thyme restaurant for lunch. It was buffet style. The only positive were that the deserts where stunning both in looks and taste. We started with seafood - prawns pale pink and very small - certainly not tiger prawns, oysters no bigger than a 10 cent piece. We then had hot food which was Italian or meditteranian based - slow cooked meat had stewed for too long, I had turkey and my mum had roast beef - both were very dry. Although as I've said the deserts were divine and a highlight! Sadly we were not told about the fact that lunch is $73 a head when we arrived (thank god for my accor card!) as sadly our lunch was not worth $73. Also at no point were we offered wine as apparently it was included in the $73. We were offered either tap water or sparkling and then had to pay $9 for a bottle of water that was hardly drunk! It might have helped if the waitress was able to speak fluent English (and yes I have travelled to many different countries where English is a second and third language but I had trouble understanding her!)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rnrjay
Dear Mrjay

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. Whilst we do value the gift of feedback I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay and in particular your dining experience in Thyme2 restaurant. I will discuss the issues you have raised with the relevant department heads and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for your honest and constructive review and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back should you visit Brisbane again.

Sofitel Brisbane Central.