“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #30 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our check-in at the Solitel Brisbane last month was the most welcoming that I can remember. Beautiful room, very comfortable bed and a late check-out made our stay very enjoyable. Club drinks and finger food that night were fantastic and breakfast the following morning in the club lounge was absolutely delicious. Because we had a late check-out we decided to book the high tea that you can also enjoy in the club lounge. The food was wonderful, and the price of the high tea included a glass of champagne. My husband and daughter opted for a coke instead, so when I said I would like another glass of champagne, I was told the price only included one glass. So my husband said he would have a glass, but was told he had already had a coke! As we were staying on the executive floors we were able to enjoy any number of glasses of coke as part of the club package. It was embarrassing to be discussing how many cokes we would be allowed. The waitress watched me get up and get myself another soft drink from the club lounge fridge and did eventually come over to apologise and offer me another glass of champagne, but the damage was done. What a shame that this stay that started out so well was spoilt a little by a dispute over a coke! The other waitresses and waiters in the club lounge were excellent. We will certainly be back to stay again, but perhaps not indulge in the high tea.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn B

Dear Carolyn B. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. Whilst overall I was delighted to read your comments, especially regarding the welcome you received, I was disappointed to note the issues you experienced with your High Tea in the Club Lounge. I wish to reassure you and also other Trip Advisor readers that this is certainly not typical of the high level of service that we pride ourselves and I apologize for this lapse in service. The ambassador should have been more accommodating and I regret that this was not the case. Thanks again for your review and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you both back again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Brisbane Sofitel. From the moment we arrived to check in the front desk staff (Aaron) were delightful to deal with. The Sofitel went above and beyond other hotels in adding some special touches to our stay including the lovely Anniversary chocolate plate in our room. Very nice touch. We would recommend this hotel for a lovely city stay.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear LyndyK. I was delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed celebrating your wedding anniversary whilst staying with us and also to learn that Aaron looked after you so well. Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is a decent 4 star hotel or a poor 5 star one.
Highlights are the excellent beds and very quiet rooms (also the a/c is very silent). Service tries hard but is hit and miss. There's also significant nickle-and-diming going on. I paid $29.50 for 500mb of internet access (quite slow). Two skype calls and that was it. That's not acceptable anymore these days (even the Airtrain to Brisbane airport has free high speed wifi on board). $9 for water in the room is just silly. The lighting in the room is terrible, there is very little water pressure and checkout is 11AM (!). Overall not bad if you get a good rate but I certainly wouldn't pay extra to stay here over alternatives.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear sinbarambam. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. It is always pleasing to receive feedback, both positive and constructive. In regards to your comments regarding the Wi Fi charges, I can advise that whilst we do charge for this service our prices are competitive within the Brisbane 5 star market. The hotel also offers complimentary Wi Fi access in our Lobby and I apologize if you were not made aware of this during the course of your stay with us. I should also mention for the benefit of our Trip Advisor readers that the hotel also offers our Le Club Silver, Gold & Platinum members receive complimentary Wi Fi access as part of the membership. Whilst our standard check-out time is 11am whenever possible we can offer later check-outs and I apologize if you were not made aware of this during your stay with us. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Loved the stay. We were treated like royalty the whole time we were there Great central position for a visit to Brisbane The room was quiet, clean and very comfortable. We will definitely come back for another visit.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Jeffrey S. It was very pleasing to read your comments following your recent stay with us and to learn that the team looked after you so well during your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor and I look forward to welcoming you both back again the next time you visit Brisbane.

Reviewed 13 August 2014