“great location and pampering”

Sofitel Brisbane Central
Ranked #30 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 19 July 2010

You can't beat the true inner city location! Right above central station.
The lobby is very nicely decorated and smells great! Check-in and out service was fast and polite.
There is a nice coffee shop that turns into a bar later in the evening with a band.
The breakfast for me was included and tasted great! a nice variety of pastries, hot and cold food, fruit etc. We didn't eat at the restaurant in the evenings but did have room service. It was quick to arrive and I was nicely surprised by the portions, but expensive.

There was a great deck area with a pool and heated jacuzzi. The view is great! It was too cold to swim in the pool but the kids couldn't resist the heated jacuzzi. There is also a decent sized gym too.
The best part of the hotel was the BED! It was the most comfortable bed I have slept in, ever! The pillows are great too, and soft. I had a deluxe suite room and the size was good. The baby crib was free. we had a nice view, and the view from the elevator is fun too, especially at night.
The bathroom was a decent but I couldn't understand the half-size door of the tub. When you showered, the whole floor got wet! Also, I had to call down to have toothbrush set brought up. They had tea/coffee facilites in the room and of course, very overpriced mini-bar! There is a room safe, and iron/board too.
Overall the hotel was nice and calm, and safe. (you can only access your floor, and only your floor, with your card). A very nice 5* Hotel to pamper yourself with. I got a great deal with an industry rate but I'm sure it is very expensive otherwise.

PS... I don't know why they keep saying bonjour! though, made me laugh :)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 July 2010

I was a little hesitant to book or stay at the Sofitel due to its; central location. Bear with me here as I mean a usual luxury hotel with views and a club etc…
WOW Brisbane has a great place with all that
Suites are a little stark, but have potential to be better appointed with a little imagination and additional furnishings. Bathrooms and other amenities are spacious and offer all you need and more.
Club staff are down to earth and so friendly. In fact the Sofital’s if I can say it that way, are really very friendly,
I have not noticed that in a lot of hotels before now.
We like a lot of “Big Brand” hotels, and the Sofitel Brissy has a “thing’ about it. (And it’s)
Having said that I have booked for Melbourne Sofitel, yet another story for another review.
So Bonjour…yes and it all happens after that.
Highly recommend Brisbane Sofitel.
RG

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2010

I have stayed at the Sofitel Melbourne regularly and was expecting a similar standard of hotel from the Sofitel Brisbane. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed. I was staying in the hotel the night after the State of Origin, so perhaps they were busy and this accounted for some of my experience. My room was on the lowest floor available, even though I had requested a high floor room. It was right on the main street and was extremely noisy all night. In addition, the room hadn't been cleaned properly and there were streamers and rubbish on the floor from the previous occupants. In addition, the base of my mattress was completely bare - linen on the top matress but the base of the bed had no sheet/valance! I called the front desk straight away and they were quite shocked and said they would fix the situation straight away. I then headed out to dinner and upon returning, some hours later, I was shocked to discover that no one had even bothered to address the issues - room was still dirty, base of bed still bare! So, not the best experience for me - I will say that the breakfast was good though.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank SydneyGirl08
SofitelBrisbane249, Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2010

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Value, location, cleanliness, service and sleep quality are important aspects of our guest experience I was disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Your room should have been cleaned and properly presented prior to your check-in and I apologise that this was not the case. These faults are certainly not acceptable within our hotel. I invite you to please contact our property directly so that we may discuss further with you as to which room you stayed in during your time at the hotel so that we may investigate this matter further. I was pleased to read your comments regarding our breakfast and will share that with our team.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 20 June 2010

This hotel has 2 things going for it - the central location (although really hard to find the carpark entrance when you arent familiar with the city) and the best beds (king sized, not too hard and not too soft, with top quality linen - as were the lovely towels).

While we had a reasonable view (although windows rather dirty), the room size was average with rather boring decor..... someone mentioned beige, beige & more beige. Must say the foyer and restaurant/bar is very modern, but that is where it ends. The bathrooms are so old fashioned - shower in bath which had an impossibly thin base it
was difficult to stand in - and why cant hotels go around and check their shower heads - horrible!

The breakfast was fantastic, and the dinner buffet also of good quality. We were there on the long weekend and while the staff were short-staffed and run off their feet, they were extremely efficient & attentive. 5 stars to the young man that served us!

Be careful when purchasing a 30mins internet card - we were not told that once you log off you cant go back on - so only got 5 mins worth on the first card. Admitted the girl gave us a new one once we explained that we thought (as in other hotels) that you can jump on and off, but that card only worked for a further 10mins. Maybe the system should be advised when purchasing? Also, the self-parking car park charges are quite steep.

Not sure I would return to this hotel - might just come for a meal perhaps.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2010

For a convenient position it would be hard to beat the Sofitel. Right above Central station and just minutes from the main shops. The entrance coming in from the trains isn't much to look at but it is super-handy.
Our room was very comfortable, quiet, clean and with an excellent bed.
The concierge was very helpful on a number of occassions and staff throughout were pleasant without being outstanding.
If you want to be right in the CBD then I would certainly look at the Sofitel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

My wife and I enjoyed three nights at the Sofitel and we would certainly return. All the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful, the food(Breakfast and Dinner) was excellent. A slight missunderstanding meant our room was not serviced one day but we 'got over it'
Our room was dated but overall I would give Sofitel Brisbane 9.5 / 10
PS The restaurant downstairs doesn't do anything to enhance this hotels' reputation---I suggest you avoid it!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2010

We stayed at the Club level room for a weekend getaway. The bed is super comfortable, the room is always very clean and promptly made up, the club lounge has nice snacks throughout the day.

An absolute bonus, the same weekend Audi was doing a promotion for the Club guests to test drive the convertible A3 for 2hrs. We took advantage of that and had a fantastic time driving around the hills :)

During our stay, we also tried the seafood buffet lunch, absolutely enjoyed it!

So if you could get a good deal on the club level rooms, definitely worth a try.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple