“Room was perfect shame about the service”

Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Ranked #25 of 157 Hotels in Brisbane
Buderim, Australia
“Room was perfect shame about the service”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We are very fond of this property and have stayed here often. We had a special weekend here but our stay was marred by the sorry service from the food and beverage department. They only served half the breakfast I ordered, it took 1/2 an hour for them to make two cocktails when the bar was not busy. When we hosted 7 other guests to lunch at the end of our weekend they neglected to serve a meal to one of our guests entirely. It's a superb hotel in a great location however the need to improve their service.

3 Thank elnewong
Charmaine_SPB, Guest Relations Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear 14solitaire

We appreciate your loyalty here at the Stamford and it is always lovely to hear when our guests are fond of our hotel.

I was extremely disappointed to hear that our service let you down. We do pride ourselves on our attention to detail and exceeding our guests expectations, so hearing that we have not delivered that, especially to a regular guest, is such a shame.

I have spoken with our Food & Beverage Manager regarding your comments and he in turn as spoken with his team regarding their service standards. It is also important for us to ensure we are supporting our front line staff to ensure they can meet the guests needs when asked. We will spend some time now to investigate this further.

We do hope you continue to visit us here at the Stamford, and please continue to share your feedback with us so that we can continue to improve and deliver a wonderful guest experience.

Charmaine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel is great location in Brisbane CBD. At night, it can be a little quiet around the hotel once after-work drinks are over, but if you need a good, comfortable room in great location, this is a great place to stay.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Marc G
Dear Marc G

It was great to read that you had a comfortable stay with us.

We do try to offer some peace and quiet to our guests when they stay with us, however in saying that, we do have restaurants and a bar on site, with further bars and restaurants being across the road and only a few minutes from us, for those who are after some nightlife.

We wish you safe travels in 2013 and look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Stamford Plaza on Valentine's Day 2013. I informed them that, in addition to it being Valentine's Day, it was also my 11th Anniversary, and I wanted to make sure everything went okay. We stayed in a Deluxe Room, with a river view, on the 19th floor (room 1915). The room was small, but well appointed. I went into the Pav bar, for an afternoon drink, but the place stank of stale beer. It wasn't until we returned from dinner, the play (Driving Miss Daisy was awesome!), and after dinner drinks that we realized that the aircon didn't work. In addition, the bed was the hardest, most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on; with matching rock pillows. As it was approaching midnight when we encountered these issues, we decided to press on. The next morning, we ate breakfast a the Brasserie. I have to say, for $60, I expected a little more than running scrambled eggs and fatty bacon. Upon checkout, I informed them that the stay was very underwhelming and that, for $465 (including $45 so the valet could enjoy our "peppy" car) I expected something better. I was informed that they were "sorry" and would have maintenance look at the room. I stood right next to the manager and told them that I would never stay with them again, he just shrugged.

Room Tip: Just don't bother staying here, unless you like a rock hard bed and you're sending the bill...
2 Thank Wade S
Charmaine_SPB, Guest Relations Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear Wade S

We always appreciate our guests taking the time to share their feedback with not only fellow prospective travellers, but us as well.

Needless to say, I was disapointed to read that your Valentine's Day / Anniversary experience did not materialise as hoped. As a norm, where our guests are experiencing any discomfort with their rooms, we offer a room move, and are happy to do so at any time of day, if our guests would like to do so. We also have a pillow menu available in our rooms which offers guests the opportunity to replace their pillows with another from a list of options. It appears these options weren't clearly available to you and for that I apologise.

I was also disappointed by your comments regarding breakfast. I have passed your comments on to our Executive Chef who will monitor our breakfast team more closely to ensure the expected standard is maintained.

I spoke to one of our Assistant Managers and one of our Front Office team members, both of whom remember you. In situations like this, we do offer our guests the opportunity to speak with the Assistant Manager at check out or later in the day so we can rectify any issues and dispel any concerns. My colleagues both confirmed that the option for you to receive the call was declined, which is certainly unfortunate. I can also assure you that our Assistant Manager is not one to treat our guests or their concerns with lack of respect, so please rest assured that he did not do so on the day.

I am disappointed that your visit did not meet your expectations, as we certainly aim to exceed the expectations of all our guests.

We do hope that you will visit us again on another occasion, perhaps on one of our special packages which including parking and breakfat, which is a great deal.

In the meantime, we wish you safe travels and a happy 2013.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Awesome location with old world charm. Great service very friendly, great value with room, breakfast and valet parking all included. Even the bathroom had a TV and phone. Bed was so comfy, breakfast was to die for. Beautiful delicious breakfast over looking the Brissy river. Hard to beat in Brisbane!

1 Thank LANDY31
Dear Landy31

What a great review! Thanks so much!

It's always great to read when a guest enjoys their stay with us. This review will go straight to the noticeboard.

I'm so pleased that we could assist in creating a memorable getaway for you!

We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Yamba
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by th quality of the Hotel on my arrival, very welcoming staff at check in. My room was delightful with stunning views over the Brisbane river, well equiped bathroom with a second TV, I didn't bother to watch TV in there but it was novel.
The Meals were served in the lobby due to the recent floods, and the staff coped very well with this difficult situation.
Only downside was the distance to the CBD, too far to walk for me. Ovevr all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank auntymarl
Dear auntymarl

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope you were able to spend some time walking through the Gardens and along the River front during your visit, as the CBD was out of reach for you on this occasion. If you wish to head in to the shops on your next visit, Concierge would be more than happy to assist in arranging a taxi for you. I imagine the fare would be around $10, at the most.

Until we next see you, we wish you safe travels and a happy 2013.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

We had a sneaky night away here to celebrate the end to a disgusting week of assessment/anniversary and it really felt like a well earned reward. The room was beautiful, the view so scenic and so close to some fabulous food. We did the buffet breakfast which was definitely a good buy and there was even some time for a quick peeve on the NRL all stars team who were staying there too.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bridge :)
1 Thank sneaky_nu123
Dear sneaky_nu123

Well it sounds like you had a great weekend away! May I take this opportunity to wish you Happy Anniversary, once again, and all the best with some great assessment results!

The breakfast in the Brasserie is a popular one, especially over the weekend where we tend to book out very quickly. The view from there is excellent - and not just of the river either, as you mentioned.

Safe travels this year, and we hope to see you back soon, to celebrate another special occasion or some top marks!

sydney
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This was a simple one nighter in Brisbane with two girlfriends. We had booked online as three singles needing a room share. We arrived in the afternoon, the valet parking service was reasonably priced ($45) for the time we were there - and very attentive - and the hotel itself is in a lovely spot, with warm beautiful interiors.
The problem seems to lie in the human touch (or perhaps lack of...)
We had an issue with the room - it was not configured to sleep all three of us at check in - and although our reminder was quickly attended to and all was ready by the time we came back from a late lunch, it probably would have been nice to have checked into a slightly larger room with three beds ready for us.
Upon departure there was a double up of phone charges on the bill which was quickly rectified.
So a tip: if booking online, and for anything apart from a simple twin share or couples - ring afterwards to confirm everything! We do take ownership of this part and will make sure this is done in future.
Otherwise: very comfy beds, lovely bathroom, very pleasant environment and setting.
Will likely be back to this part of the city again.

Room Tip: If booking online, check bed configuration by phone afterwards.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear sspfcm

I was disappointed to read of the confusion regarding your room set up, though glad we were able to rectify it promptly for you.

In this day and age, we do find that most guests prefer to book on line, purely for convenience. From our point of view, we would prefer to speak with our guests directly for several reasons - firstly, to ensure that mix ups, such as you experienced, don't occur; secondly, so that we can immediately assist our guests with any other questions or concerns. You will also find that you can secure a better deal if you speak directly with one of our team!

We do hope you choose the Stamford Plaza when next in Brisbane. Should you be travelling through Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide or Auckland, I'm sure one our sister hotels in those locations would like to welcome you there.

Safe travels & best wishes