Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)
  • Fitness centre
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)
  • Pool
Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane(Brisbane)
  • Restaurant
Capri by Fraser, Brisbane(Brisbane)
Mantra on Mary(Brisbane)
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
3,206 results
All reviewspav barthe riverbotanical gardensstory bridgebuffet breakfasthigh teajunior suitevalet parkingwedding nightstar hotelbeautiful hotelroom servicelarge bathroomeagle street pierqueen street mallsouth bankkabuki
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in a delux room with stunning views overlooking the Storey Bridge. We found the location to be excellent within walking distance of most of the sights of the city. Yhe bathroom was lovely, the bedroom a little on the small side for a delux room but nonetheless nicely appointed and serviced.
We had the buffet breakfast which was quite good. We also ate in the Brassiere on the River which was also good. My only complaint was that on one of the night only the japanese restaurant and the Pav Bar were serving food. I don't like japanese food and the Pav Bar had some sort of event in progress. We were therefore told we could eat in the Hotel lobby whilst ordering in the Pav Bar. Our food took forever to come and the only way to speak to anybody was go back in the Bar, wait to be served, then the bar tender went in the kitchen to relay the message. I saw my food go out of the kitchen through the lobby into the bar for the bar tender to bring it me when he was free by which time it was cold and the cycle repeated. I was not the only diner in the bar to experience this. In a 5 star hotel if you are going to close the restaurant for a night and serve food in the lobby then have dedicated serving staff in the lobby. Apart from this we really enjoyed our stay in Brisbane.

1  Thank robertino2012
Charmaine_SPB, Guest Relations Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear robertino2012

I was a little disappointed by your comments regarding our Lobby Dinner service. From what I can recall, that may have been the first night that we had opened that area as a restaurant which, I imagine, is why the service was not at the level it should be.

We actually opened the area again last night for dinner, with designated service staff, and from all accounts it ran very well. Please do not feel your experience is the norm here at the hotel, as we do continually strive to improve all our service experiences across the board and our evening lobby service is one of those we are currently focusing in.

It was great to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope that when you next visit that you will also enjoying the evening dining experience.

We wish you safe travels and look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

My boyfriend recently took me away for a Valentine's weekend and we stayed here for 2 nights.
We had a lovely room on the 17th floor, overlooking the river and the story bridge. I can honestly fault nothing with the bathroom, the bed or the view. The bed was amazingly comfortable, and the pillows were great. The bathroom was the place I spent the most time - the bathtub is enormous! I like the lovely touch of L'Occitane toiletries, although I find the Verbana scent a little strong. The view was fantastic to wake up to, and just gorgeous at night.
I found it annoying that there were so few powerpoints in the room. It was quite difficult to work around this, as most available sockets were being used with various things in the room. I also found the round clock beside the bed quite unsettling as the light was really bright and it went off strangely in the middle of the night.
Breakfast in the morning was superb. The only thing I would have liked more was if the poached eggs were made especially, but otherwise the selection and quality was exceptional. Eating beside the river was really beautiful.
Normally, what I have written above would warrant a 5 star review, but I found the service indifferent on a number of occasions, bordering on rude on one of these times.
I arrived in the rain on Friday night. Valet parking had already been arranged for me as my boyfriend had arrived a little earlier. When I pulled up, I was directed where to stop. I was then just left. No one helped with my bags, or even smiled. It was not the best first impression. I had no idea what to do with my key (leave it, give it to someone?) until one attendant instructed me to just leave the key in the ignition (again, without a smile).
Carrying my bags myself, I wandered through the lobby, again with no one offering assistance or a smile, and found myself lost in the lobby. I made my way to reception to find my key and also the lifts. I was pleased that I was offered my first help and my first smile.
On Friday night, the amorous activities of the couples next door (which could be heard clearly through the walls) led to a bad night's sleep and to me feeling quite uncomfortable. On Saturday morning, I brought this up with the front desk manager (who kept me waiting for about 10 minutes). I was told that this type of thing happens in all 5 star hotels. I was quite shocked at his indifferent response. He offered to refund the money and for us to stay elsewhere in Brisbane. I was again shocked at this - why was he so happy for us to go? It would have made more sense for him to try and sort something out within the hotel, rather than just let us (or indeed, assist us) leave. Are we that little valued here? We were offered almost nothing, just a change to a different room with an interconnecting door. As I am aware of soundproofing issues that arise with interconnecting doors, I declined this offer. The overall attitude of the manager was just really disappointing.
To be fair to all of the staff, on our checkout, the concierge staff were fantastic. They were really helpful and friendly, which was really nice.
In all of the lovely hotels that I have stayed at in my time, this is the one that I felt the least valued. The staff here really need to practice the art of caring about their customers!
Overall, this hotel is really nice. The staff are not.
Would I stay here again? Maybe.

1  Thank ladybeetler
Charmaine_SPB, Guest Relations Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear ladybeetler

Thank you for such a detailed review. From your comments, I was able to speak with the Assistant Manager who spoke with you during your stay.

The particular manager you dealt with has been with us for quite a long period of time and receives a great deal of positive feedback from guests. I am taken to understand that his initial delay in speaking with you was that he was serving another guest at the time you requested assistance; he saw you at the counter and heard your request but did need to finishing assisting the guest he was with firstly.

The manager also recalled that you felt a little uncomfortable discussing the issue. He then offered a number of solutions - a room move, the explanation that a room move can be offered later in the day if you change your mind, the assurance that the evening manager would be checking the floor throughout the day / night to check on noise concerns and also advised that security is on site to deal with any concerns, should you experience any further noise disturbances.

In the past where guests have complained about noise and have wanted to leave the hotel, our cancellation policy, at such short notice, states that the second night's accommodation is still to be paid, which of course can be frustrating for the guest. To avoid this and therefore not spoil your weekend, an early check out, without penalty, was also offered to you.

Later in the day, the manager followed up with you once again to update you on the situation and offer further assistance, and also apologised that you had been disturbed by other guests. He also stated that if you did hear any further noise to contact him straight away so that he can address it immediately.

This situation has been discussed with him, our Front Office Manager, our Executive Assistant Manager and the General Manager. Amongst that group there is over 40 years of hotel experience, in various countries and between us, we could not think of any other way to assist you. We fully support the manager on duty and all the solutions and suggestions he offered.

In terms of the service received from our Concierge starff on arrival, I do apologise. This is certainly not the welcome we wish our guests to receive, being the first impression of the hotel. This issue has been addressed quite sternly with our Concierge team and we will monitor this very closely from here on. Once again, I do apologise for this.

I was, of course very pleased to read of the service you received from the Concierge team on check out and that you enjoyed your breakfast in the Brasserie; I hope you were able to spend some time out there and didn't have to hurry off. It's such a great place to just sit.

We wish you safe travels in 2013 and hope to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This hotel is certainly worthy of its current rating with its quality appearance and general facilities. Our room overlooking the river was very comfortable and provided us with pampered luxury during our stay in Brisbane.
Service was generally very good but let down by the fact that I was charged for car parking for a car I did not have and also had an additional charge on my credit card for the mini bar, that had already been paid. (Although I accept this was an oversight and quickly rectified, this should be monitored by management to prevent any further mistakes which could affect future reviews)
For such a quality hotel, I was a little surprised to find that there was no free WiFi area within the hotel whatsoever. (Not even for a limited time) Yet we were able to take stroll to the park and use the free Council WiFi.
Overall a really nice hotel which I would certainly recommend (but check your bill)

1  Thank Blue2267

Dear Blue2267

It was lovely to read that you felt pampered during your stay with us. We do like to ensure that our guests are comfortable and felt "taken care of" when they visit us.

I was disappointed to read of the errors on your room account, though was very happy to see both were quickly rectified. I have passed your comments on to our Front Office Manager to ensure accounts are more closely monitored.

Free WiFi in the public areas is something that is certainly on our agenda. At the moment, free WiFi is available in a number of our rooms, otherwise it is priced at 40cents per minute, capped at $24.95 for 24 hours. Being located immediately next to the gardens is a huge advantage for our guests for a number of reasons, including great walks & jogging tracks and even for impromptu games of touch rugby or football.

We wish you safe travels in 2013 and look forward to having you with us again soon

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I am a seasoned business traveller and can honestly describe this as one of my favourite Australian hotels. The service is impeccable, the rooms beautiful and the hotel completely charming. Worth every cent.

• Stayed: February 2013
Charmaine_SPB, Guest Relations Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Skyeedavidson

It's wonderful to receive such great feedback, especially from a seasoned traveller. It's nice to know we are looking after our guests and offering a comfortable and enjoyable stay for those working away from home.

When next you visit us, please don't hesitate to speak with any of our team, should there be anything we can do to assist you during your visit.

We wish you safe travels and hope to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

My son and I stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed great service, the room was a twin and i must say for me the bed was a little on the small side but comfortable none the less. The location is good, a small walk to Queen st Mall and right next to the river. overall a nice experience.
Breakfast was included in the package and service was prompt and friendly. Buffet brekky's are always a bit hit and miss. who cooks bacon at home and leaves a mountain of it in a bain. So you get what you get, Coffee was good so overall it was good.

Room Tip: River View rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony C

Dear Hucksteau

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us - I hope your son did too!

We are currently testing and trialling new beds for our guests rooms, which may prove more comfortable when next you stay with us.

We find that the buffet breakfast is all about timing, as well as the make up of our guests dining with us on that day; on some days bacon is the dish of the day and some days it's pancakes, on others it's all about bircher meusli or omlettes. I do hope you enjoyed your breakfasst however - I agree that a good coffee can make a huge difference to your day.

We wish you safe travels in 2013 and look forward to having you wish us again soon.

ps Great profile pic by the way!