“Awesome views, very good service”

Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Ranked #27 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here to take my son to the museum. Well appointed rooms, arge bathroom and beautiful view of the story bridge and river. We dined at kabuki- expensive but delicious. We got an awesome rate thru wotif that included parking and breakfast, which was delicious and served in a lovely location. Service generally excellent, although I did request extra towels and a pillow that didn't arrive. Also, I have found I've been charged for mini bar items which were not consumed and I'll be attempting to sort this out ASAP. Will definitely stay again though and recommend.

Stayed: January 2014
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Chillyolanda,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and our Food and Beverage outlets. I was disappointed to read you did not receive the extra towels and pillow you requested and I sincerely apologise for this. We look forward to hearing from you in regards to the mini bar items so we can correct this for you. Overall it does seem you enjoyed your stay which is always wonderful to read. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Stamford to attend a work Xmas function. The room was a good size, bathroom is enormous. I enjoyed the second TV in the bathroom during a long soak. The bed and bedding was the most comfortable I have ever experienced...true bliss. The TV stopped working during the night but reception was back on in the morning.

We also enjoyed the large selection at the buffet breakfast. The outside dining overlooking the river is stunning.

I'd stay here again - when booking for ourselves I would pay or request for a room with a balcony.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Classy_1819,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our beds and bedding the most comfortable you have ever experienced. I am delighted you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, I agree it is a great way to start the day overlooking the river.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We recently decided to treat ourself to a weekend in Brisbane ,we live in the Gold Coast so like to do some shopping and sightseeing in Brisbane .
I phoned reservations and we worked out a Bed and Breakfast package with Dinner included on the first night ,I must say I was a little concerned that second time around may have not been as impressive as the first visit which was excellent.We were given an 11th floor Superior King Room which was a little larger than last time although not as High a floor.
We were happy with the room and room service ,although the coffee was cold when it arrived,the Dinner a seafood buffet was great and we had a lovely river view table ,service was attentive and friendly ,and breakfast same as last visit excellent ,disappointed later that the Pav bar wasn't open at lunch ,had a good nights sleep second night decided to go for breakfast at 8am ,much to our dismay the food was depleted and it seemed under catered the coffee machine wasn't working and long waits for hot food ,we managed with fruit and a couple of crepes which were dried out ,nevertheless the overall experience was great and we will return again soon,I have heard refurbishment is on the agenda which is needed in some areas,also just a side point the girls in reservations although friendly enough seem a little confused ,do they have a record of previous stays by guests ,I actually quoted the room number that we would have liked but we were given something else ,also I asked about a Junior suite ,told some ridiculous price ,then sent an email to say I could have a suite for an extra fee ,by this time we were ready to leave to start our trip ,so didn't take up the offer ,although it would have at the time of booking ,it was all handled a little bit badly I feel ,as our stay was a special occasion and I mentioned this but the reservation agent obviously wasn't listening ...dont take offence it didn't matter we had a great stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Jan M,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read of the breakfast you experienced on your second morning with us. Please be assured I have addressed this with the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager as this is certainly not the high level of service and quality of food we are renowned for. I also note your comments regarding the reservations team and have discussed the matter with our Reservations Manager for further follow up with the staff member involved. We have placed a note in your profile to ensure you are allocated the original room you stayed in should you chose to stay with us again in the future. Overall it does seem that you enjoyed your stay with us which is always wonderful to read.

You are correct; we are planning to refurbish the hotel this year and we hope we may look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy our new look in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Recently stayed here with a work colleague as we were having a work function at the Stamford and we thought staying would be practical. We got a fantastic "discount" price from the hotel (offered for all employees of our company given our function) of $285 inc breakfast.

The hotel rooms are very dated and our room smelt musty. The room was also very small - I wouldn't want to have to stay here for an extended period. All in all the room was sufficient, but certainly not luxurious. There were two bottles of water on our night stand with a price tag of $6 per bottle! You'd think for $285 they'd give you a bottle of water (which many lesser quality hotels all around the world give you for free).

The buffet breakfast was excellent as were the event facilities and food at our function.

Unless I specifically had an event at the hotel again and it was simply convenient to stay here, I wouldn't stay here again - it is certainly not luxury and not worth the price.

As a comparison last year we stayed at the Marriott (also for our work Christmas function) and paid $199 inc breakfast and I thought the room was larger, nicer and the breakfast was even better.

The Brisbane Stamford really needs a refurb to really be considered a 5 star luxury hotel. In my opinion, there are better priced places in Brisbane to stay than here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Mel1707,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I do note your comments regarding our rooms and I am pleased to advise we do have a refurbishment planned for this year. We trust that this refurbishment will impress our guests, who we know only expect the best at our establishment. I am pleased to read you did enjoy the food and event facilities and I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to enjoy the refurbished rooms.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Class, deportment, style, efficiency, ambiance, service, cleanliness, attention to detail, high quality rooms and fit-out - the Stamford Plaza has it all. I will stay here again and recommend it to business and professional travelers. The hotel is 25 minutes from the Brisbane Airport in off peak periods and centrally located within the CBD.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Phil B,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read you enjoy the ambience, service, attention to detail and the quality of our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Brisbane and wish you all the best for 2014.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Brisbane has to be one of the world's most understated and attractive cities. This property lies in an outstanding location to access all of it. The rooms are nice and it is has great views of the river and the Story Bridge with its own "light show" at night. The river walk and the botanical gardens are right out the door of this hotel, so you could not do better there. The setting is quiet as it is off of any main auto routes. If I return to Brisbane, I would happily stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear MontanaGuy27,

Thank you for your fantastic review of your stay with us. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the attractions of Brisbane and your stay with us. We are indeed in a great location for visitors, close to all the attractions Brisbane has to offer as you mention. Our rooms overlooking the Story Bridge do give you excellent views of the lights at night, which is quite spectacular. I trust you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Australia and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I would like to pass on some feed back from our recent wedding on the 28/12/2013
the food and service that you both provided, there was only room for compliments.

The food tastings and you went above and beyond and made desserts that did not feature on your menus. I am glad we listened to your main course recommendations.

You delivered what you promised and it was perfect, I still have people talking about it today and complementing the food.

Also the canapés were sensational

Great job thank you so much, the food was a stand out. You made us look great.

Event planning & execution

Planned to perfection and the whole wedding went without a hitch. I have a very happy bride in deed

Felicity, for some one so young I must commend you on your maturity and the way you conducted yourself through out this whole process.

You fixed every problem with a solution and you did it immediately, and you made yourself available 24/7. You are a credit to the Stamford.

Please also thank the floor staff for the impeccable service throughout the whole evening… (especially the young lady who kept topping my glass up)

What a great team.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. we had 11 rooms and not one complaint at all
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Leebuckingham,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay and wedding with us. I appreciate your detailed feedback and I have shared your compliments with all the staff. They were all thrilled to read your lovely comments. We always enjoy hosting Weddings and ensuring the Bride, Groom and guests have a wonderful day to remember.
Wishing you all the best.