“Disappointing High Tea”

Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Ranked #28 of 168 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We visited the Stamford Plaza for their Chocolate High Tea in celebration a friend's Hens Party and at the end I left feeling dissatisfied. For $55.00 per person we received a cheap glass of sparkling and a buffet of mediocre tasting sandwiches, sweets and chocolate fondue. There was plenty of food to fill up on but I was expecting quality not quantity. I imagined delicious little bite sized pieces served on beautiful tiered cupcake stands. Instead the food was more like a staff morning tea served on generic white hotel crockery. The fondue chocolate was nothing special and reminded me of Cottee's Ice Magic. On a positive note the view of the Brisbane River is stunning and the staff were friendly. I've always wanted to visit the Stamford Plaza for a High Tea and now I can tick it off the bucket list but I have no intention of revisiting anytime soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Danimiester,

Thank you for your review on the Chocolate High Tea. I was sorry to read you were disappointed with the experience. Our Chocolate High tea is buffet style and I apologise you were not made aware of this at the time of the booking and were expecting the tiered plates. We do have these available at both our Traditional Morning Tea and Lobby High Teas. Thank you once again for your comments and I will pass these on to our chefs.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

our room was fine. a few small details suggest a bit of an update might be needed soon, but in general we were very happy. lovely big bathroom, beautiful view of the river. amazingly comfy bed, and good curtains that kept the morning sun out. we had breakfast included with our stay and it was ok. location is excellent if planning on eagle st pier for eating or drinking

Room Tip: some rooms face the bridge, some face the other way
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear mummyL,

Thank you for your review and I note your comments regarding the rooms. I am pleased to advise we do have a refurbishment planned this year to restore the rooms to their former glory. It appears overall you did enjoy your stay which is always wonderful to read. I hope we may have to opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel, the bed was comfortable and we also enjoyed the seafood buffet and breakfast. the river view and story bridge all lit it at night was fantastic. all the staff were very friendly.
Karen J

Room Tip: we were on the 15th floor, great room and views of the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Karen J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable time. The Story Bridge is indeed spectacular all lit up at night. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The Stamford is a decent hotel although the Junior Suite we had was a bit 'tired' and this hotel is to host the leader of the free world and his staffers during the G20. Old furniture and multi colured wall in the bathroom where repairs have been made. Breakfast was appalling for a hotel of this standard. Coffee machine, really and then if you wanted a fresh real coffee, they charged you an arm and a leg. Food in the buffet was past it's use by date, would of been burnt to a crisp Hours ago! We also had room service the night before and really paying over $800 for the room and then slugging you for a 'Tray Charge' what will they come up with next?
Service has slipped since the last time I stayed at this former lovely hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil B
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Neil B,

Thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Stamford Plaza Brisbane. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

I note your comments regarding the Junior Suite and I am pleased to advise we do have a refurbishment planned for this year to restore the rooms to their former glory.

I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding breakfast as we certainly aim to provide top quality food and it appears on this occasion this did not occur. Please accept my sincere apologies for this and please be assured I am addressing this further with our Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager to ensure we are producing the quality product we are known for.

I hope we may look forward to welcoming you back to Stamford Plaza Brisbane and giving us the opportunity to change the adverse impression that was projected on this occasion and to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I really enjoy staying in this hotel. It's has a very stunning river view ,the room is very clean private and comfortable. Also the location is just 10 minutes walking to the Walking street. I definitely coming here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Onnitcha P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our river views. It is very relaxing view watchting the river life on the Brisbane River. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stamford plaza brisbane hotel is the best hotel i've visited. I love this hotel and i'll be back here again. The service is excellent, The front officers and house keeping are perfect and professional.

Dear Cardmoji,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am absolutely delighted to read we are the best hotel you have visited and the service was excellent. I will share your lovely comments with my team. We forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Super comfy bed and Eveything you want in your daily life is prepared! Also the Scenary from the room is very nice. I really have a good time during my stay here. If I'm back to Brisbane again I'll defenitely come back here. Excellent!

Dear Punyada,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read you had a wonderful stay with us and found the bed very comfortable as this is something we recognise as being important for our guests. I am thrilled to read you will be staying again on your next visit to Brisbane.