Stamford Plaza Brisbane
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oaks Felix(Brisbane)
  • Fitness centre
Royal On The Park(Brisbane)
  • Pool
Four Points by Sheraton Brisbane(Brisbane)
  • Restaurant
Capri by Fraser, Brisbane(Brisbane)
Mantra on Mary(Brisbane)
Hilton Brisbane(Brisbane)
3,206 results
All reviewspav barthe riverbotanical gardensstory bridgebuffet breakfasthigh teajunior suitevalet parkingwedding nightstar hotelbeautiful hotelroom servicelarge bathroomeagle street pierqueen street mallsouth bankkabuki
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Right on the banks of the glorious Brisbane river. Class as you walk in to nice reception and lobby. Staff very friendly and courteous. Breakfast is pricey ($30 buffet) but you expect that in nice hotels. Best thing is you can have your breakfast right on the river.

Rooms are well maintained, plenty of space.

Nice pool and spa area as well on third floor.

Great for business, not right in heart of CBD but being near the river and park makes it worth it!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tomwatson84
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear tomwatson84,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the breakfast in our Brasserie overlooking the river. It is indeed a great way to start the day. We trust you had a safe trip home and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Stamford was clean, comfortable with excellent service from the staff. Well positioned right on the Brisbane River and opposite the Brisbane Botanic Gradens. A very quick walk into the the city. 20 mins walk to South Bank along the river and botanical gardens. The bonus was that there a variety of water front restaurants near buy. Although the river in Brisbane always amuses me as it is so brown. The hotel does represent a style of era with a hint of glamour along with marble in the Bath rooms. Rooms view in the evening spectacular.

My only complaint was I found the menu in the terrace bar restrictive. I am a vegetarian and I found I was not really represented on the menu. The wine menu also did not represent Australia's finest wineries which was disappointing. All in all a comfortable staff with excellent service.

Room Tip: Over looking the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ningaloo2006
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Ningaloo2006,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to read you were able to take advantage of our fantastic location. I note your comments regarding the Pav Bar menu and beverage menu and will certainly pass this on to our Bar Manager and Executive Chef. Thank you once again for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Stamford for our wedding anniversary. What a great hotel, I'm a member of a number of hotel chains that I tend to favour, but in Australia this hotel chain has my vote.A top location right on the waterfront surrounded by many good restaurants and café's and of course just minutes from the Brisbane CBD shopping area. The rooms are large and very comfortable , with a classic come modern décor look.The bathroom had plenty of space with good amenities and the bed was large and very comfortable.The gym was well laid out with a good range of equipment, and the pool area is large and well set out with a fantastic out look over the Brisbane waterfront.We were surprised with a bottle of wine for our anniversary from the hotel that was well appreciated.My only negative comment would be that the hotel cannot be accessed directly from the basement. This is a premium hotel in Brisbane which you will not be disappointed with.We both loved out stay in this hotel and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the 11th floor overlooking the river. So perhaps the higher the better in the middle of the hotel floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alastair4

Dear Alastair4,

Thank you for your comprehensive review and congratulations on your wedding anniversary. You are most welcome for the bottle of wine, we always enjoy helping your guests celebrate special occasions. I am pleased to read you had a wonderful stay and were able to enjoy all the facilities the hotel has to offer. I am delighted to read Stamford now has your vote in Australia! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brisbane or at any of our other properties in Australia or Auckland.

Phiippe

Reviewed 14 March 2014

When you are a well renowned hotel with a high star rating it is the little things that matter most. This is where The Stamford let us down. Firstly, as you would expect the accommodation and the staff were excellent. But the food in the Brassiere was less than expected for such an establishment. The food was warm at best and the coffee was one of the worst I have experienced in my travels anywhere. But the straw that broke the camel's back for my wife and I was to do with an issue around our baggage. We had an 11.00 am checkout and so decided to go for a short walk before returning to our room to freshen up before leaving. When we returned at 10.45 our baggage was gone. Someone 'decided' that we must have 'checked out' so removed our bag without our knowledge. Very unprofessional and an important issue which we will have to weigh up when we decide which hotel to stay at next time. It totally ruined our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one with river view and you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bruce H
Philippe K, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Bruce H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I was disappointed to read about the food and coffee you experienced in the Brasserie and will be discussing this further with both my Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager. I was also concerned to read of your baggage being taken from your room and will investigate this further with our Chief Concierge and Front Office Manager. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to change the adverse impression that was projected on this occasion.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We loved it! View is great and the room is very nice. Spacious bathroom. We also went Moo Moo for dinner that was great. Got the valet parking too. Breakfast included. It was really enjoyable experience. Stayed here a couple of times. Will surely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Patty831,

Thank you for your lovely review and choosing to stay with us again. I am delighted to read you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.